PSM Reports! Great News for the Next GTs!

  • Thread starter Thread starter McLaren
  • 30 comments
  • 2,941 views

McLaren

Premium
Messages
46,776
United States
Texas
This direct from the January 2005 PSM Issue which reports on some very nice things for the upcoming GT games.

---------------------

During an event in Japan to commemorate the completion of Gran Turismo 4, series creator Kazunori Yamauchi causeda lot of head-scratching when he announced Gran Turismo For Children. He wouldn't elaborate on the game beyond the fact that it would be a simplified GT game to get kids interested in cars.
After the announcement, Yamauchi spoke about GT5, presumably for PS3, revealing that car damage will finally appear in the game. "It's going to be a major focus," he said. Online play for GT4 is still in the works, with Sony unable to confirm whether it will be an add-on disc, or a completely separate game altogether.

------------------------

This is news to me. :)
Hope it is to you.
 
I have read elsewhere about the GT for kids thing, but I haven't heard about KY mentioning GT5 and damage yet though. I hope this will hold true when GT5 is released in late July of 2068.
 
This was announced before already about a month ago, along with the Nike package :)
 
That's when I remember hearing about the GT for kids deal, I must have missed the part about GT5.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Kazunori Yamauchi causeda lot of head-scratching when he announced Gran Turismo For Children.
That is a perfect game for the Drift forum or anyone who thinks backfire is a good thing. 👍
 
Viper Zero
That is a perfect game for the Drift forum or anyone who thinks backfire is a good thing. 👍

backfire is a good thing since some real cars have it, but what i can't stand is that most people in this forum care more about that inconsecuent graphic effect than the really important things such as the improvement in real track accuracy (this time they look pretty much the same compared to their real counterparts, and more importantly, DRIVE the same), improved physics (this is a major new adition, it's the most important one). and the fact that the "real circuit" count has gone up the way it did, tons to choose from, but more would've been nice.

I mean, if what they care about is neat looking graphical rice effects they should just go play NFSU (some tuners tune their cars to have backfire on pourpuse... instead of focusing in making their cars drive better... ok, MOST "tuners", wich is a shame.)

as far as drifting goes... most people in this forum that like drifting don't know the first thing about it, drifting is a serious sport and it's a very diffictult skill to master, so while it looks cool and is just for show, it actually takes very skillful drivers to pull them off. so in this instance, i disagree with you. ^_^
 
I meant backfire in the real world, not as a graphical detail. I don't think anyone wants unburnt fuel in their exhausts.

I agree with you. There are way to many posers out there. I wish people took drifting more seriously, instead of making it into a sideshow with Corollas or some sort of new aged fad that developed from The Fast and The Furious.
 
lionel
I have read elsewhere about the GT for kids thing, but I haven't heard about KY mentioning GT5 and damage yet though. I hope this will hold true when GT5 is released in late July of 2068.



Hope that was a typo :scared:
 
SaintKamus
as far as drifting goes... most people in this forum that like drifting don't know the first thing about it, drifting is a serious sport and it's a very diffictult skill to master, so while it looks cool and is just for show, it actually takes very skillful drivers to pull them off. so in this instance, i disagree with you. ^_^

I agree, i hate F and F, and i admit that i suck at drifting and probly wont do good on it in GT4, but ur right, people dont appreciate drifting as a sport the way they should... Losers 👎
 
lionel
.. I hope this will hold true when GT5 is released in late July of 2068.
I think you mean the 32nd of Never, :lol:.
 
heh, GT fans should stop listening to what "features" GT5 will have, for all we know PD won't ship GT5 for at least 4 years... you really have to wonder why sony is releasing it's next console so "soon". i mean soon, because the developer kits have just started being available... wich means, companies can just start focousing on taking their game from the concept stages and actually start to work on them.. and for hardware so capable, this means at LEAST a 4 year development if you want all the bells and whistles... so saying that the next gran turismo won't come out untill 2008 is an understatement. 2008 seems like a very real date. maybe PD will release GT4 for PS3. meaning, a game with the GT4 engine and tons more cars/tracks/online etc. (and online suppoort) while they develop that new engine... wich will take them years to do. but i REALLY hope GT5 doesn't turn out like GT3, wich was just a graphical update for the most part, but basicly the same game GT2 was.. with a lot less features.

heck, i could live with "a lot less features" if it meant that the updates aren't just graphical, but we also got a whole new game engine.
 
Viper Zero
I agree with you. There are way to many posers out there. I wish people took drifting more seriously, instead of making it into a sideshow with Corollas or some sort of new aged fad that developed from The Fast and The Furious.

👍 👍 👍 And I agree with you... Corollas are way overblown. But hopefully, the drifting "fad" will go away and leave the true sportsmen in peace... :grumpy:
 
McLaren F1GTR
This direct from the January 2005 PSM Issue which reports on some very nice things for the upcoming GT games.

---------------------

During an event in Japan to commemorate the completion of Gran Turismo 4, series creator Kazunori Yamauchi causeda lot of head-scratching when he announced Gran Turismo For Children. He wouldn't elaborate on the game beyond the fact that it would be a simplified GT game to get kids interested in cars.
After the announcement, Yamauchi spoke about GT5, presumably for PS3, revealing that car damage will finally appear in the game. "It's going to be a major focus," he said. Online play for GT4 is still in the works, with Sony unable to confirm whether it will be an add-on disc, or a completely separate game altogether.

------------------------

This is news to me. :)
Hope it is to you.

mmm... car damage in GT5... If they are as fast in GT5 to incorporate new
features, they will probably release it in 2012...
 
MdnIte
👍 👍 👍 And I agree with you... Corollas are way overblown. But hopefully, the drifting "fad" will go away and leave the true sportsmen in peace... :grumpy:

Sorry for staying off-topic, but Corollas (AE86) are a part of drifting history. Anyone who doesn't know that should be slapped on the hand. The AE86 was a great subject to start drifting with as it was cheap and RWD. People still use them for their light weight and again, their price. I don't see how they can be overblown when, really, it'd be hard for lots of people to get into drifting.
 
SOmething to let the guys that don't get proper car setups to play with... YAY!

And bashing the Corolla is just a crime... I wanted to get one, and not because it was a Corolla, but because it was a cheap, RWD, reliable, fairly economical car. What I ended up with instead was an MR2 with the same engine, just a little more price. So don't bash the Corolla, just bash the ricers that are like "OMG, A Corolla, it can SO drift" and all that crap :p
 
I just cant stop but think how GT5 is gonna look. I know its WAY down the line, but with damage "hopfully" being in it, I wonder how its gonna look and react and sound. Oh and hey if ur just gonna post that "old news" or stuff like that, then why post at all? that has nothing to do with it and yea its old for u but not for all. Thats just messed up.
 
scoobyonline200
I just cant stop but think how GT5 is gonna look. I know its WAY down the line, but with damage "hopfully" being in it, I wonder how its gonna look and react and sound. Oh and hey if ur just gonna post that "old news" or stuff like that, then why post at all? that has nothing to do with it and yea its old for u but not for all. Thats just messed up.
The extra 40 gigs of space on the Blu-ray disc will come in handy with code for every variable impact and crash and every view of pieces of broken metal for a 1000 or so cars:tup:
 
cjrciadt
The extra 40 gigs of space on the Blu-ray disc will come in handy with code for every variable impact and crash and every view of pieces of broken metal for a 1000 or so cars:tup:

I would be surprised a lot if GT5 gets 1000 cars. IMO, it'll be another half-assed game a la GT3. Prettier graphics, better handling, damage maybe but around 150 cars and 20 tracks. That's what happens when you rush a game to sell more consoles.

See ya :sly:
 
Lambo88
I would be surprised a lot if GT5 gets 1000 cars. IMO, it'll be another half-assed game a la GT3. Prettier graphics, better handling, damage maybe but around 150 cars and 20 tracks. That's what happens when you rush a game to sell more consoles.

See ya :sly:
Actually PD has gone to great lengths to make sure GT5 will not be another GT3. They made the GT4 car building somewhat compatible with the car building of GT5 cars. Most of the time during the developement of GT4 was the archiving of cars and tracks. Now, PD doesn't need to do that anymore. Currently, PD has enough basic info on the next generation console to already make cars for GT5, and they have. I think 1,000 cars and 100 tracks for GT5 is very possible.
 
I've heard about the new playable demo disk for gt4 in the psm magazine, but im not sure which one it is, Dose anyone know the issue number of if it is even out yet?
 
cjrciadt
The extra 40 gigs of space on the Blu-ray disc will come in handy with code for every variable impact and crash and every view of pieces of broken metal for a 1000 or so cars:tup:

i hate to break it to you, but the actual physics calculations have absolutley no use of such massive storage. same goes for the polygons, most models won't even break 1 megabyte, textures will take up the most space, but even then, i'd be very surprised if having 1000+ cars along with tracks, textures and all would break 1 gig.

the storage WILL come in handy for high defenition videos though.
basicly they could put in the whole "behind the scenes" thing even if it was 5 hours long.
 
I think GT5 will come out within one year of the PS3 release if not very close to it's release and will be GT4 on steriods, considering there is nothing much wrong with GT4 a version with higher resolution and a bit more detail and a couple hundred new cars will fine by me, GT6 at the end of the PS3's life will be the one to really check out : ) but a decent GT5 based on GT4 will hold me over for a couple of years
 
how do you people even no all these things. ps3 is no were near out and the only info out on it is fake or concepts. are you just making this up? or do you believe every thing you hear?
 
ferrari355
how do you people even no all these things. ps3 is no were near out and the only info out on it is fake or concepts. are you just making this up? or do you believe every thing you hear?

Hey, it's pretty well known or at least rumours with 50% truth : ) what specs the PS3 will have and there is a very good chance a prototype will be up and running at next years E3, then you will know the real specs and so will Microsoft, since Microsoft can release a new Xbox with whatever PC tech is current at any time they want. They will check out the specs on the PS3 put an equal or greater amount of RAM into the Xbox2 and stick it in production for the end of the year :) hows that sound for a rumour :D
 
WOW your my hero!!!!! So tell me, how does it feel to be the ultimate nerd?
 
Let me holla' at 'cha, player!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50800 This is my thread discussing what "GT for Children" would be like. Feel free to contribute. Why am I mentioning this? The "GT for Children" deal was discussed and reminded. But yeah, some of the stuff is pretty much old news to me, but thanks for the reminder.

And uh, go easy on my boy McLarenF1GTR...
 
ferrari355
how do you people even no all these things. ps3 is no were near out and the only info out on it is fake or concepts. are you just making this up? or do you believe every thing you hear?

No offense, but I'd rather believe a magazine over just 1 person on the Internet. I went out and bought a few games thanks to PSM's reviews, and haven't regretted any of them but 1.

I even have a 5 month old e-mail from the editor in cheif; Chris Slate, and now a 2-month old e-mail from Randy Nelson.
 
McLaren F1GTR
No offense, but I'd rather believe a magazine over just 1 person on the Internet. I went out and bought a few games thanks to PSM's reviews, and haven't regretted any of them but 1.

I even have a 5 month old e-mail from the editor in cheif; Chris Slate, and now a 2-month old e-mail from Randy Nelson.

Somehow I find it difficult to believe that damage with be supported in GT5. Not for technical reasons, but obviously for the same old reason the first four games don't have it. Otherwise, I can only imagine that GT5 will looks and play awesome, but I'm afraid I won't live to see its release. When did you say, 2068? :lol:
GT for Kids sounds pretty dumb. I'm guessing the cars will be cartoony and the courses plasticky? If I were a kid I'd rather play the real thing.
 
Back