PSN Connection Issues Identified by SonyPS4 

Just before the ESO patch released I did have a moment where I couldn't connect to anything and got the "Playstation network is down due to maintenance" whether it was just me or everyone got it is another question, but hopefully it was Spny just sticking their nose in briefly and having a gander to see how they can fix it without being down for an extended period of time,

This thread is very useful to players on Gran Turismo as well, we have also been suffering from these problems. Thanks for the find, I don't think pCARS is responding to me on Twitter anymore, seeing how I don't actually play their game. :lol:👍

Last edited:
This thread is very useful to players on Gran Turismo as well, we have also been suffering from these problems. Thanks for the find, I don't thing pCARS is responding to me on Twitter anymore, seeing how I don't actually play their game. :lol:👍

I'll post a link in the GT6 section too.

You would try it if you can. If for no other reason than the actual driving and AI which is generally the best computer controlled driving I've come up against. There are other reasons but I don't want to Drone on.

Of course you might need to upgrade your PlayStation and/or wheel but for me it was worth it for Project Cars alone. I organise a Club that started on GT5 and the racing on Project Cars has been the best I've known online. We race in private rooms most of the time but there are plenty of good drivers in public lobbies now. Also looking forward to Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally on PS4. Blah, blah, blah!

:gtpflag:

@JohnScoonsBeard, I'd love to try Project CARS for myself. From my friends I've heard pretty average reviews but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try it first hand. Problem is, I'm in a tight financial spot and I cannot afford a PS4, or a wheel. I've actually been doing all of my GT eSports and such on a controller.

Hopefully we can all get back to racing soon if and when Sony fixes its stability problem. So we can start enjoying our respective clubs/racing series once again! 👍 Oh, and I hope I win the lottery too so I can buy all of the hardware I want. :P

Last edited:
Here's an addendum to the PS4 notes. Perhaps the reason for the slight delay to the PS4 patch?

The latest game update for Project CARS on PlayStation 4 has been released today.

It includes some changes to the way the disconnection error messages are displayed. From now on, there are specific error messages for several potential causes of this issue. Therefore, if you get disconnected over the Easter weekend, please share with us the exact text of the error message that you see, or even post a screenshot of it in this thread. This will help our team to understand exactly how much of the problem is being caused by PSN, compared to the game itself.

We have also received some news from Sony. Sony has now identified a possible issue on PSN which could be causing the disconnections you have seen in Project CARS and several other PS4 & PS3 multiplayer games. It is working on a fix for this PSN issue as we speak.

We will keep you up-to-date about our progress, and about Sony's. In the meantime, please post inthis thread with the exact details of any error messages that you may experience.

Last edited:
Back