PSN slow? Or is something wrong with my connection?

• Thread starter Kalder
  • 2 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hi,

I keep getting thrown out of online matches because of internet connection issues, my ISP promises 200/20Mbit down/up, and when I do a speedtest.net I get the promised 200/20Mbit down/up (even when I do it from within the PS4's browser), but when I test the internet with the test internet function on the PS4 I only get around 20ish Mbit down and only around 2Mbit upload.
I'm in the Netherlands, don't know if it's a local problem, national problem or a global problem... but is anyone else experiencing way slower then normal internet speeds with PSN?

It has been going on for a few weeks now also, getting tired of the disconnections, when I do the test connection option in GT Sport all 5 parameters are full and ping is 18ms, however, sometimes during a race I suddenly see my connection status bars reduced to 1 red bar and 9 out of 10 times when that happens, it kicks me out of the session.

Last edited:
Thank you. Sorry for this topic, should have used the forums search function, instead I only used google. Glad I'm not the only one with the problem though.

Back