PSN still down, why not play "King Of The Hill"

  • Thread starter Thread starter fryercar
  • 32 comments
  • 3,797 views
Messages
343
Nepal
Nepal
Messages
GTP-Fryercar
No PSN for 21+ days now, Maybe its time to try a new game involving GT5. King of the hill is played as such, current "KING" posts a pic of any car in stock paint color from GT5 at a specific location.
The challenger then posts the same car in a different stock color at the same location.
The current "KING" then must post another pic of the same car in a different stock color at the same location.
"KING" and challengers then go back and forth until there is a clear winner.
"KING" then chooses another car and location.
Entries must have,
Full GT5 name of vehicle
Pic of vehicle at same location
Name of stock paint color

Follow my example,
Isuzu 117COUPE '68 Salvia Red


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Grand Valley East, just out of tunnel
 
Do we pick a vehicle and track or do you decide that?
 
To play,
Post a pic of an Isuzu 117COUPE in a diff stock color at the same location,
Current :KING: must then post another pic of same car at same location in a diff stock color, and so forth

To win,
Have the car in a stock color that the current "KING" does not have
New "KING" or reigning "KING" then picks and posts new standard car and location.

Played this game online before the blackout a few times, and it was fun.
You have nothing to lose but a little time.
 
Last edited:
Alright.
Is the track Grand Valley?
 
So I would need to put two pictures up. One showing I have the same paint as the king and another picture with a different colour.
 
Last edited:
hhtony New Member Online Now!
So I would need to put two pictures up. One showing I have the same paint as the king and another picture with a different colour.

No, just same car in diff color

Dooglers8 Junior Member Online Now!
Alright.
Is the track Grand Valley?
Location just below original pic,
Its Grand Valley East, just out of the tunnel
 
"To win,
Have the car in a stock color that the current "KING" does not have"


How will we know if the "KING" doesn't have that colour?
 
"To win,
Have the car in a stock color that the current "KING" does not have"


How will we know if the "KING" doesn't have that colour?

"KING" will have to post challengers color, and then a new one

To be competitive, players should have a variety stock colors of each vehicle
 
Interesting...
But this game should be in photomode section imo
 
diptob79 Senior Member Online Now!
Interesting...
But this game should be in photomode section imo

Photomode is for premiums only, anyone can easily go buy a premium car in any color
Would almost certainly end in a tie each time.
 
You guys must be bored!:sly: Hope its back up in a few days. :nervous:
 
im sorry but that sounds like a very long winded and not much fun game!!!
 
kearftg New Member Online Now!
im sorry but that sounds like a very long winded and not much fun game!!!
No one said you have to play, or asked for your opinion
 
At first glance I thought that was a Jensen.
 
Why not just have the first part; but exclude the whole this point of the track. I doubt many people are going to want to take that same car and drive it to the same spot every time they need to take a picture.

Other words, just have the car part be the competition; and pick any part of any track to take the picture. I guarentee more people will want to play.
 
Photomode is for premiums only, anyone can easily go buy a premium car in any color
Would almost certainly end in a tie each time.

That's not true at all...explain the "standards only" thread and a bunch of the standards in the drift thread...
 
What I meant was photo travel, sorry.
Photo mode is for all cars, my bad.

It's funny to me that people will voice their opinion as speaking for everyone, complain about something without trying it out first, and try to make up the rules to fit themselves.

I invented this original game for serious collectors,
if you don't have 3000 cars or more, don't play.
But keep the complaining to yourself.

There is no prize for being the most negative.
You'll never win anything if you stand at the side and moan.
 
Would it not be more fun to do a time trial of sorts.

While the idea seems decent. The execution is rather lacking.

I offer my opinion. One in which I have full right to express on the public forum. Even in a thread you started.

On that if you can't take constructive criticism then you really should play alone. Which it appears you are doing now. ;)
 
What I meant was photo travel, sorry.
Photo mode is for all cars, my bad.

It's funny to me that people will voice their opinion as speaking for everyone, complain about something without trying it out first, and try to make up the rules to fit themselves.

I invented this original game for serious collectors,
if you don't have 3000 cars or more, don't play.
But keep the complaining to yourself.

There is no prize for being the most negative.
You'll never win anything if you stand at the side and moan.

Oh I get what you're saying, I have no problem with your idea nor did my post imply that I did. I was simply disagreeing with you about the placement of your thread. While I don't think this game can be very active, mainly because there are only so many "stock colors" for standard cars (especially as unique a car as you've shown), I can see why it would be fun for a collector to show off his stuff.
 
I'm glad someone understands, and yes, this game is for serious collectors with over 4000 cars.
 
I'm glad someone understands, and yes, this game is for serious collectors with over 4000 cars.


The game has 1048 cars or so. Where'd you get 4,000 from?
 
The game has 1048 cars or so. Where'd you get 4,000 from?

He is talking about the game in this thread, to win you would have to have multiple stock paints of that car, or actually have the car multiple times in the stock paints.
 
djanikowski Active Member Online Now!
Vitzio
The game has 1048 cars or so. Where'd you get 4,000 from?
He is talking about the game in this thread, to win you would have to have multiple stock paints of that car, or actually have the car multiple times in the stock paints.

100% correct
 
Oh, my bad then.
 
I understand the game and accept it without changes. Although I don't even have a thousand cars yet, I'll play the best I can.

Isuzu 117Coupe '68

Adonis Yellow
GrandValleyEast.jpg
 
if you don't have 3000 cars or more, don't play.

this game is for serious collectors with over 4000 cars.

Which is it?
Anyway, I only have 350 or so cars, though I have a slew of color variation cars I've been collecting. Shame I can't play your game. :indiff:
 
so the king of the hill is just so awesome, he has one of every car in every color...
 
Since i've probably repainted 75% of my garage, i guess i can't play this silly game either.
 
Back