PSVR2 Improvements & Features Fans Want to See Implemented

• Thread starter dabz343
  • 43 comments
If your IPD is set correctly in the headset, the world scale will be 1:1. There's no need to have a setting for this.
Thanks for the input :).

I have IPD set correctly. The scale seems quite off to me. Especially compared to gt sport + psvr or other racing games in vr.

It breaks immersion for me ( very small body and hands, small steering wheel, small cars, etc). as well as leading to visual discomfort while driving (among others, bottom of the seat at the height of my belly, which hurts the brain).

This feeling is shared by other users, so being able to adjust the world scale would give the freedome for each player to have an improved personnal experience.
This option is availabe in other racing game to fit each different VR headset.

The adjustment of the IPD for the headset lenses has little to no impact on the scale perception.
The adjustment of the IPD of the game stereo camera rig does, as well as the scale of the game assets in relation to each other of course.

Another option would be to set it correctly for all the players 😃...

Converting a 2D game to VR (and have them both with equivalent perception) is quite tough.
Tricks to improve gaming experience on a flat screen do not translate well when ported to VR.
GT7 is not the only game suffering of these kind of issues.

Usually VR only games are working better.

Just curious, do the scale of the cars or other elements previously mentionned look correct to you ?

During night races, I would like the option to dim the lighting on the dash and instrument cluster. Some are too bright and others are too dim.

After a bit more time spent racing, the following would be nice to have (please ignore the previous posts) :

VR adjustments:
- adjust world scale
- adjust pilot position / height in the cockpit and keep the settings
- option that hooks the players head on the car and not the horizon (Daytona bends are a good example for this). Default off for motion sickness ;)

VR + online racing:
- was missing the pilots table UI a lot. Not knowing the time gaps and other players position is a big handicap.
there was a lot of good ideas in the previous posts (like using the eye tracking). One solution could be to map the view toggle button for switching on/off the pilot table, as it is no longer used in vr
- Ideally an option to bring back the gas / break gauge (useful for trail braking practice)

Add some way to see the race details on the HUD. Being completely unable to see what others are doing is a big disadvantage strategically.
It’s a weird one. PD compressed the info for VR players, to place tyre wear and surface condition with the MFD. Lap counter, grid position and gear selected are visible. Add an advisement or warning, the leader is pitting and interval to car ahead and behind the player. It’d fit easily.

some nice bikini clad VR babes kissing my sweaty cheek when I step up on the podium to receive my gold cup would be nice :D

Male or female?

Anyway... my main gripe is no leader board during the race, not even in the paused menu AFAIK.

Massive oversight and makes you feel like you're shooting in the dark half the time. So for longer races you have no idea whether you need to up fuel mix, when to pit or press harder and take more risks or can afford to back off slightly. As you have no idea of where the leader/cars ahead are now.
Particularly if you out of your comfort zone in tougher races or purposefully driving a lower pp car.

Not such a problem if racing on lower difficulty or using vastly overpower cars, but still needs to be in the game, as can't imagine many, if any, series irl exists where drivers don't get intel, feedback and strategy from somewhere...

I'm filing it under one of pd's typical bizarre querks/oversights, rather than agry/super annoyed.

Otherwise I'm over the moon, I've driven between 100 and 300 odd miles each day since last Wednesday. Phenomenal piece of kit, so pleased with it, feel engaged with the game.

Last edited:
I would like to see more information when racing. You do not see basic information anymore that you can see in 2D mode.

• How far behind the car in front of you
  • How far am I to the car behind me
  • Where is the map with all the cars on that you can see everything
  • Pit stops from the other drivers
  • Tires from the other drivers

It would be great if they should show this information or announce it via audio messages.

Is the lock too horizon givng the corkscrew at Laguna a not steep at all look to it and would having that turned off solve it?

Yellow flag notice in your HUD like you get in pancake mode because in VR mode you get no notice and your not always able too see the marshals waiving the flag that cost me a clean race bonus on the 1H spa.... :(

Back