Psycho Drive Customs

• Thread starter SaberFire
  • 31 comments
You do realize that the lack of an LSD in that Chevelle is not keeping the car true to its roots, don't you? Rather it's dumbing it down to drive. More wheelspin, yes, but less sideways action because it just spins the inside tire to death all the way down the next straight if you keep your foot in it.

Most any 454SS is going to have a posi-traction rear differential IRL (and go VERY sideways when it breaks traction), but PD decided to give EVERY muscle car of any sort an open differential which means they 1-wheel-peel into oblivion and don't oversteer near as much.
Huh. I assumed that PD actually modelled the cars differentials individually rather than apply a generic setting. I know that the Skyline has a better diff than you'd get upgrading it. I'll have to look into it, but I think it was the 1.5 diff that actually gave me a bit of understeer...

Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91

---
190E
Exhaust: Racing

Computer: Equip

NA tune-up: Stage 3

Tyres: Sports Medium

Brakes: Racing

Suspension: Racing
Spring Rate: 11.0/14.0
Ride Height: 66/66
Bound: 7/8
Rebound: 7/8
Camber: 5.0/5.
Toe: 0/0
Stabiliser: 4/4

Transmission: Fully Customisable
Autoset: 12

Clutch: Triple Plate

Flywheel: Racing

Propeller Shaft: Equip

LSD Fully Customisable
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 10
---

Cosworth have always prided themselves on producing high performance engines for standard road cars. Indeed, they're famous for it, as we've seen with the legendary Sierra Cosworth. They never cease to amaze at how much power can come from such a vanilla looking car. Road going vehicles with Cosworth engines always go down as among the greatest of the sleeper cars.

When I received the 190E Cosworth touring car, I was amazed at how well it drove. My previous experiences with the 190 range was at best mundane. So, when I discovered that there was a road going version with the same engine, I didn't hesitate to purchase it and see what it could do. If I needed to sum up the car in a word, I'd say it was... mean.

The great thing about sleeper cars are how they don't command respect openly. They're not big or flashy, and unless for the gigantic spoiler at the back and the badges, you'd be forgiven for thinking that it would be smoked 7 ways to Sunday. But to the trained eye, the markings of a down and dirty racer can be seen, from the exotic exhaust accent to the cambered wheels.

In corners, this car is smooth until you need the feel to be heroic. Dropping down into second, wait for the revs to drop before you floor it, sliding around corners effortlessly, straightening out and leaving your riced up opponent staring in disbelief.

Back