Purchase packs separately or get VIP/car pass?

@Ialyrn
@Wolfe
@ImaRobot
@RacerPaul
@Saidur_Ali
@mrPetros
@NeilSean
@SlipZtrEm

Well, I finally took the plunge and purchased my very first DLC on XLive: the LaFerrari pack in FM5.

A few minutes after getting it I wanted to bite myself in the arms like a rabbit wolf - the car pass gives you access to all packs for $20.. !!

However, since I don't really enjoy driving every single car in the packs, wouldn't it be better to get VIP membership for both games and get access to the best cars? Or would it be more feasible to get the car pass for both games?

I've got $40 left for now, so must choose wisely. Won't be getting any DLC for a while after that.

Sorry if I missed tagging anyone! :D

rabbit wolf
Like a what?! :lol:

@Ialyrn
@Wolfe
@ImaRobot
@RacerPaul
@Saidur_Ali
@mrPetros
@NeilSean
@SlipZtrEm

Well, I finally took the plunge and purchased my very first DLC on XLive: the LaFerrari pack in FM5.

A few minutes after getting it I wanted to bite myself in the arms like a rabbit wolf - the car pass gives you access to all packs for $20.. !!

However, since I don't really enjoy driving every single car in the packs, wouldn't it be better to get VIP membership for both games and get access to the best cars? Or would it be more feasible to get the car pass for both games?

I've got $40 left for now, so must choose wisely. Won't be getting any DLC for a while after that.

VIP access doesn't really net you the best cars. You'll get a handfull of DLC vehicles, but the rest are just cars that are available in game, IIRC. To be honest, I would suggest skipping the car pass for FM5, and just focus on FM6.

Get the car pass for Forza 6. If it's between VIP and car pass, car pass all the way. VIP gets you double credits for races, but credits aren't an issue with the wheelspins now. You'll have all the cars and plenty of credits. VIP does get you 5 VIP cars.

Last edited:
Like a what?! :lol:

VIP access doesn't really net you the best cars. You'll get a handfull of DLC vehicles, but the rest are just cars that are available in game, IIRC. To be honest, I would suggest skipping the car pass for FM5, and just focus on FM6.

Hahah... i meant rabid wolf.. :eek:

Hey hang on, the VIP cars - you don't get them through packs or car pass? They can only be acquired if you get the VIP pass, am I right?

Get the car pass for Forza 6. If it's between VIP and car pass, car pass all the way. VIP gets you double credits for races, but credits aren't an issue with the wheelspins now. You'll have all the cars and plenty of credits. VIP does get you 5 VIP cars.

Well, to be frank.. I'm not concerned at all with the extra winnings though I have my eyes on the GT350, Veneno, 458 Speciale.... those can ONLY be gotten through VIP is that right?

Hey hang on, the VIP cars - you don't get them through packs or car pass? They can only be acquired if you get the VIP pass, am I right?
That is correct, but in comparison to the car pass, the VIP is kinda insignificant. 5 cars(which is less then any given months DLC) compared to the 6 months of cars at 7 vehicles per pack.

My VIP was basically bundled in for free because of the price I paid for the Ultimate Edition.

That is correct, but in comparison to the car pass, the VIP is kinda insignificant. 5 cars(which is less then any given months DLC) compared to the 6 months of cars at 7 vehicles per pack.

My VIP was basically bundled in for free because of the price I paid for the Ultimate Edition.

Oh I see - okay that helps. But if I choose not to get the VIP for F6, then no 458 S, GT350, Veneno or the other good stuff, right?

Oh I see - okay that helps. But if I choose not to get the VIP for F6, then no 458 S, GT350, Veneno or the other good stuff, right?
You can always get VIP later, the cars in the car pass DLC blow the ones in the VIP out of the water. :cheers:

Even if you think you won't drive some of the cars in the car pass DLC, you will. I found myself liking cars I wouldn't have bought if I would have just bought individual cars. Is the car pass only $20 now? It was $30. If it's down to $20 you can get VIP and the car pass for $40.

Plus you'll get the added excitement of guessing the last 2 monthly car pack clues as they are released.

That is true, so I suppose you can compare what has came out so far to see what you would rather have. Also keep in mind we have two more months of designated DLC from the Car Pass.

You can always get VIP later, the cars in the car pass DLC blow the ones in the VIP out of the water. :cheers:

Even if you think you won't drive some of the cars in the car pass DLC, you will. I found myself liking cars I wouldn't have bought if I would have just bought individual cars. Is the car pass only $20 now? It was $30. If it's down to $20 you can get VIP and the car pass for $40.

Plus you'll get the added excitement of guessing the last 2 monthly car pack clues as they are released.

Oh no - the VIP is for $20. Car Pass is going for $30. Hmm.. tough decision. I think I'm done with FM5 after getting the LaF, that's all I really wanted. As for FM6, $20 for just those 3 or 5 cars does not make sense vs 40-something or more cars for $10 more.

That is true, so I suppose you can compare what has came out so far to see what you would rather have. Also keep in mind we have two more months of designated DLC from the Car Pass.

Right - so sacrificing the 458 s, Ven, GT350 and the other 2 or 3, I'm getting way more cars if I dish out $30. It makes perfect sense to get the car pass frankly speaking, but I really wanted the VIP exclusive cars. Spent an hour on the official forum going through all the car packs for F5 and 6, and honestly, there are about 70% or more cars in total out of all the packs, that I just don't want to drive or see myself driving.

Apart from increased bonuses and access to special online events, what "community gifts" do VIPs get?

Oh no - the VIP is for $20. Car Pass is going for $30. Hmm.. tough decision. I think I'm done with FM5 after getting the LaF, that's all I really wanted. As for FM6, $20 for just those 3 or 5 cars does not make sense vs 40-something or more cars for $10 more.

Right - so sacrificing the 458 s, Ven, GT350 and the other 2 or 3, I'm getting way more cars if I dish out $30. It makes perfect sense to get the car pass frankly speaking, but I really wanted the VIP exclusive cars. Spent an hour on the official forum going through all the car packs for F5 and 6, and honestly, there are about 70% or more cars in total out of all the packs, that I just don't want to drive or see myself driving.

Apart from increased bonuses and access to special online events, what "community gifts" do VIPs get?
You'll get gifted cars from T10, usually based around the holidays or some special event. They are just cars that are in game, usually with just a special livery, though.

...and this is why a lot of us got the Ultimate Edition. Saved some cash, and didn't have to decide between the VIP cars and the Car Pass. :P

If you can't have both, the easy choice is the Pass. I wouldn't judge the cars until you've driven them either; I've found just about all of them enjoyable (haven't given the Trofeo much time). The Prowler is an unexpected contender, the Kadett is a force to be reckoned with in the lower classes, and the Formula Mazda is fantastic. Plus, Senna's MP4/4.

You'll get gifted cars from T10, usually based around the holidays or some special event. They are just cars that are in game, usually with just a special livery, though.

Nah, I don't need those. I was after those special VIP cars that people are raving about. Guess I'll sleep on it for a while and see if it's the VIP or Car Pass I want to get. They both seem like good offers. Although, after 2 more months go by, future car packs after that need to be bought separately, I believe?

...and this is why a lot of us got the Ultimate Edition. Saved some cash, and didn't have to decide between the VIP cars and the Car Pass. :P

If you can't have both, the easy choice is the Pass. I wouldn't judge the cars until you've driven them either; I've found just about all of them enjoyable (haven't given the Trofeo much time). The Prowler is an unexpected contender, the Kadett is a force to be reckoned with in the lower classes, and the Formula Mazda is fantastic. Plus, Senna's MP4/4.

Nice nice....

But that means no 458S, veneno, GT350 etc. ever, right?? :lol:

Nah, I don't need those. I was after those special VIP cars that people are raving about. Guess I'll sleep on it for a while and see if it's the VIP or Car Pass I want to get. They both seem like good offers. Although, after 2 more months go by, future car packs after that need to be bought separately, I believe?
Going by how things have been done in the past, that would be the best bet. Although, nothing after the 6 packs are confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt.

Going by how things have been done in the past, that would be the best bet. Although, nothing after the 6 packs are confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt.

Right - I wonder if Storm Island is worth it. Or the F7 car pack for either of the 3 games.

In my opinion, VIP adds very little value to this game. Doubled credits mostly offer an incentive to spend less time actually playing the game. Some call it grinding, I call it enjoying the game I bought. VIP has some cool cars but they are hardly essential. Base versions of the 458, Mustang, and F1 are already in the game. The Car Pass is the way to go with its fine additions and yet to be announced cars!

In my opinion, VIP adds very little value to this game. Doubled credits mostly offer an incentive to spend less time actually playing the game. Some call it grinding, I call it enjoying the game I bought. VIP has some cool cars but they are hardly essential. Base versions of the 458, Mustang, and F1 are already in the game. The Car Pass is the way to go with its fine additions and yet to be announced cars!
With things like the 10million wheel spin grand prizes(that are actually hard to not win :lol:), the whole bit about the VIP causing less play time wouldn't be that bad. I think within 5-6 levels(one of which being said 10mil grand prize), I was able to win about 14 million in credits :lol: It's to the point that I don't even bother to keep track of my credits anymore.

Right - I wonder if Storm Island is worth it. Or the F7 car pack for either of the 3 games.
I got storm island when it was on sale for 7 dollars (5 with gold). And it was worth it to me. It was ok, there's some massive jumps to be had, it seems to me I could hit a jump straight on perfect and still end up flipping my vehicles so I did quite a bit of cursing and rewinding.

Car pass for FM6 all the way. Even if you think you wont drive some of the cars in the pack, you will. Eventually you will see a car you dont like on the leaderboard, or see someone like Raceboy77 using it online and kicking butt, and you will want to give it a go for yourself.

Hmm, I see. the VIP cars are very cool even though as you say their base models are already in the game. I studied the list of 28 cars over and over again to justify the $30 (that's half the game price right there) but unfortunately, more than 80% of those simply don't appeal to my tastes. I ended up getting the VIP as I wanted to have those 6 cars that I really wanted. Too bad the Zagato is a road version, and not the track version from FM5.

With things like the 10million wheel spin grand prizes(that are actually hard to not win :lol:), the whole bit about the VIP causing less play time wouldn't be that bad. I think within 5-6 levels(one of which being said 10mil grand prize), I was able to win about 14 million in credits :lol: It's to the point that I don't even bother to keep track of my credits anymore.

I think I might be joining the ranks soon since I took the plunge with the VIP and rather pleased about it too! Additional Rivals events... yaaaeeyy!

I got storm island when it was on sale for 7 dollars (5 with gold). And it was worth it to me. It was ok, there's some massive jumps to be had, it seems to me I could hit a jump straight on perfect and still end up flipping my vehicles so I did quite a bit of cursing and rewinding.

Well bud, I've got $10 left for now... I could use that to get the Porsche DLC or buy the F7 pack for F6 or even a DLC pack for H2. Hmm... I'm leaning more towards Porsche.

Car pass for FM6 all the way. Even if you think you wont drive some of the cars in the pack, you will. Eventually you will see a car you dont like on the leaderboard, or see someone like Raceboy77 using it online and kicking butt, and you will want to give it a go for yourself.

That's the thing see... Forza has a lot of useless cars that I won't ever be interested in driving, no matter what others are driving or how they drive em'. Part of the reason I love Forza so much is the super and exotic car lineup along with a few race cars thrown in. the car pass has hardly 4 or 5 cars I might want to drive but the VIP has every car that I want to drive, own, upgrade and tune.

Super-appreciate ALL the input everyone has provided here. :cheers:

I don't suppose there's a way to refund part of the DLC? Hurriedly got the LaF pack only to realize the Car Pass unlocks every DLC car in F5... :banghead:

@Speedster911

Car pass all the way matey 👍

tbh you should have just jumped in a got the Ultimate digital edition right at the start

Its fantastic value, imo. Did you not have the funds at the time?

car pass now
porsche pack when its up
these are the basics

vip has veneno, gt350r, f1gt, 458 speciale and zagato v12

ps
if you want to refund, I'd call xbox support and tell them that I wanted to buy the entire car pass and by mistake I bought a single pack, and if they can help fix this.

Last edited:
@Ialyrn
@Wolfe
@ImaRobot
@RacerPaul
@Saidur_Ali
@mrPetros
@NeilSean
@SlipZtrEm

Sorry but I gotta ask, why am I tagged here?

I left the Forza community before F5 came out. :confused:

He probably thought you were me. Our usernames and avatar pics are kinda similar after all. :lol:
I can see the possibility for the mix up now. :lol:

I was quite confused why I had been tagged in something Forza related when I never really did anything with the GTP community side of Forza. :gtpflag:

I can see the possibility for the mix up now. :lol:

I was quite confused why I had been tagged in something Forza related when I never really did anything with the GTP community side of Forza. :gtpflag:

Yeap I did mean Nielsen... sorry bout' that :lol:

@Speedster911

Car pass all the way matey 👍

tbh you should have just jumped in a got the Ultimate digital edition right at the start

Its fantastic value, imo. Did you not have the funds at the time?

Nah, funds are dry.. thanks to impatiently blowing away $10 on the LaF pack... :crazy:

car pass now
porsche pack when its up
these are the basics

vip has veneno, gt350r, f1gt, 458 speciale and zagato v12

ps
if you want to refund, I'd call xbox support and tell them that I wanted to buy the entire car pass and by mistake I bought a single pack, and if they can help fix this.

Porsche pack's going to be $10 I assume? Will get that I think if they work hard to get the sounds right.

Xbox support you say? That's a good start. Worth a shot. 👍

Trying to get a refund on DLC?

:lol:

I mean, good luck.

I got it. Guess I just had the last laugh? :lol::lol:

More like $20 I reckon

$20??? That's preposterous! I'm thinking of blowing away the $10 on F7 pack for F6 cos there ain't anything in Horizon 2 that might interest me. Is the F7 pack worth it? I noticed it doesn't have the new modern-day Charger. Only Hor2 F7 pack has that beauty.

Are the F7 DLC cars upgradable? Do they sound any different, i.e. Walker's Supra or Skyline? Can you boost them further or are there caps on the HP and other parts as well? Ah... such a curious one I am. :D

$20??? That's preposterous!
It'll be there or thereabouts I reckon. The Porsche dlc for FM4 was 2100 ms points. That was £13 at the time, which is about 20 bucks I believe. Ish

And I'll bite their hand off for it. Love me a Porsche. If I had the means in real life I'd have one of these

porsche-gt3-rs-2016-6.jpg

2016 GT3 RS

Maybe that colour although classic white is hard to beat :cool:

Or I'd make a livery in FM6 for it and have it applied to my real one :D

In case you're wondering, I'm really looking forward to the Porsche dlc :crazy:

Last edited:
Back