PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
I think I won't be able to continue with this series for now. Maybe next season, but I don't know. Saturday enduros just kill the day for me.

How many dudes have been racing in this series since Season 1?

BrosifDuder (formerly known as iamjamen) :)
Wardez
LVSX4MZ3
AlGreen71

Notable absences:
Egghead43, who's been in every season till now.
And Samhain85, who, like he usually does now, might show up later sometime this season.

lol. I might hop in some practice rooms but I dont think I'll be able to race with you guys. But glad to see the miats series is still going strong. I'll try to hop into some practice rooms sometime. I dont really play a lot of gt5 much these days, my roommates always jack my ps3 and play batman. But when I do get on, I usually join a Mt. Aso room which is ALWAYS hosted by someone from Japan, and tailgate them around the track as they try and simulate an afternoon drive on some country roads. Sooner or later the entire room is in hot pursuit of me as they try and demolish my car. Good fun!

R1600Turbo
There won't be a next season. Do it now, or miss out. :)

Hey SAM! 👍

Wait, what? As in no miatas? Or a different car or what?
Are you still tossing around the is-f idea?

IS-F idea has been posted, only a couple people have shown interest as of now.

I might be moving to Salt Lake soon to train for a CDL. So if everything goes as planned, this will be the last season as I won't have much time to do online racing anymore. I will be on the road a lot. :)

And there is also a possibility that I may need someone to take over this season. I will find out for sure in a couple days.

IS-F idea has been posted, only a couple people have shown interest as of now.

I might be moving to Salt Lake soon to train for a CDL. So if everything goes as planned, this will be the last season as I won't have much time to do online racing anymore. I will be on the road a lot. :)

And there is also a possibility that I may need someone to take over this season. I will find out for sure in a couple days.
You, a trucker? Hey, I know most cars in GT5 drive like an 18-wheeler, but that's quite a stretch! :eek:

If it wasn't for some recent developments, I would have offered to step in easily. :indiff:

You, a trucker? Hey, I know most cars in GT5 drive like an 18-wheeler, but that's quite a stretch! :eek:

Well I like to drive and I live to travel, so this is about the only thing I could come up with shy of being an actual racecar driver which seems to cost a lot of money that I don't have. I can't see there being anything else I would rather do, so I might as well.

R1600Turbo
Well I like to drive and I live to travel, so this is about the only thing I could come up with shy of being an actual racecar driver which seems to cost a lot of money that I don't have. I can't see there being anything else I would rather do, so I might as well.

https://jobs-williamsf1.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchLocation=&searchCategory=

I was actually thinking about applying for this one myself since it doesn't require an engineering degree:

https://jobs-williamsf1.icims.com/jobs/1323/job

That's cool. Would be nice if we could have a couple US based F1 teams to root for and apply for jobs for lol. Maybe Bryan (gtacademy) will work his way to f1, that would be cool.

Practice room: 1472-4711-0510-9360-4333

Last edited:
Yeah, Bryan actually doesn't have a chance of getting into F1 anymore since driver entry is traditionally, but strictly, capped off at 30 years young.

Ordonez is rising up through the endurance ranks nicely, and he's only 26 so he actually has a shot. But the two ways to get in for him would be either to display absolutely dominating performances in his upcoming championships or find a huge sponsor willing to dump buckets of money into getting him a seat with a backmarker team that needs it (Petrov, Maldanado).

As far as the future of FMSC, don't worry guys, Jason wouldn't want to deny anyone of the fun of this series. It will continue on as long as people continue to show up.

As far as the future of FMSC, don't worry guys, Jason wouldn't want to deny anyone of the fun of this series. It will continue on as long as people continue to show up.

If someone wants to take over the reigns, it can continue. I will keep running it as long as I can though. I'd say for at least another month, I have to talk to the trucking company tomorrow.

My best friend has a CDL and drove for a few years. He's 25 so he can give you a pretty good idea of what to expect if you want me to shoot you his E-mail. He has thousands of hours, has been coast to coast a bunch of times and has a bunch of awesome stories.

But you know Brosif and I are always down to help run the series, so in the event of you leaving due to work we'd love to run it with your guidance and blessings.
You'd still be able to be on the forum so we'd be able to have you approve things and such and it'd be awesome.

Yeah, this is going to be my drop race for sure; if I can even qualify.

For some reason I'm always more terrible than usual with a Miata.

ok, here's my car... it's good for 48's in my hands.

pngcarsetup.php

don't ask me how I made the gears; I just fiddled with it until I got the shortest 1st I could get while keeping 5th @ 1:1

Gosh darny, I can't for the life of me get those transmission figures. Best I can get for gear 1 and 5 is 2.655 and 0.899 respectively, with the final gear set to the same.

Spent like 30 minutes trying every combination of transmission setting in different orders and couldn't get it.
You pulled some voodoo to get that setting :crazy:

Wardez
Gosh darny, I can't for the life of me get those transmission figures. Best I can get for gear 1 and 5 is 2.655 and 0.899 respectively, with the final gear set to the same.

Spent like 30 minutes trying every combination of transmission setting in different orders and couldn't get it.

I had trouble achieving some of the values as well... Otherwise this is a solid setup. I ran a quick 10 laps with it this morning and was roughly 3 seconds faster than my previous best time on my own setup.

Thanks for posting Dr_Watson!

You give me the money to get to the UK, get a place to live, then I'll think about it. :lol:

Williams would pay for your relocation and would most likely give you some type of housing expense. There was an episode of House Hunters (yes, I have a GF) that featured a young couple that was relocated to the UK because the male had just accepted a position at Williams F1. As part of his package he was given a monthly housing allowance in addition to his salary.

But you know Brosif and I are always down to help run the series, so in the event of you leaving due to work we'd love to run it with your guidance and blessings.

Correctamungo. :)

The release engineering position sounds like an extremely boring job. Probably consists mostly of typing reports translating them to non engineers.

Yes, but different strokes for different blokes. There's bound to be boring jobs and exciting jobs, the cool part is that Williams actually posts job openings in a forum that is readily accessible for everyone. 👍

If you tinker with the top-speed slider while you have higher final drive you get shorter gears. If you tinker with the top speed while you have a low final drive you get taller gears. So to get what I have you'll have to play with the top speed on a final drive > 4... It may have even been 5.5; can't remember I spent the entire first hour of practice doing nothing but playing with the gears and the diff which was magically chopping seconds off my time.

p.s. you wimps need to start qualifying soon :P

I couldn't get them either, I got very close so I'm ok with it. I'm not shifting into fifth till almost the start/finish line.

Anyone have names for the turns yet? I have come up with a couple just wanted to see what you guys had.

Overpass, stadium sweeper, Sony straight, or Sony kink, annoying first turn lol and for the double apex right hander before overpass I call it walls, for obvious reasons.

I got it.

Set gears to default. Move final gear to around 5.333

Then move Top speed to 130
Set the gears as per your tune sheet.
Then bring final gear to 3.825 for proper top speed of 170mph.

I was about to get 2.580 for first and 1.005 for 5th.

So the higher you set the final gear initially, the wider the separation from 1st to 5th.

I've only missed season 2.

👍 And we are all glad that you keep coming back for more. I was happy to see that you were registering for another season because you never know how many of the "new" guys will stick around past the first couple races and we need as many fully committed dudes as possible.

I did find out, after over a year of playing this game, why I'm getting destroyed on straights even though I'm drafting.
Pedals out of calibration? (or whatever it's called)

@outlaw - You never said what you discovered. So, what did you discover?

Dr_Watson
p.s. you wimps need to start qualifying soon :P

Maybe a practice lap would best first. ;) not a single lap in. Been busy first part of this week. Looking to tune tonight. Tomorrow RX7.

Fwiw I drove the Standard FTO Touring Car last night. Stone stock no tune. Amazing car. As well the Standard Impreza Touring Car is a dead even match. ;)

My best friend has a CDL and drove for a few years. He's 25 so he can give you a pretty good idea of what to expect if you want me to shoot you his E-mail. He has thousands of hours, has been coast to coast a bunch of times and has a bunch of awesome stories.

Thanks. I emailed my contact at Nissan again to tell him that the guy I was talking to about the Nissan job wasn't calling me back, and he said that he would give him a ring today so that might still be a possibility. It's going to be an interesting rest of the week.

Funny, I was testing my RX-7 last night and tried for 20 minutes to get the gear ratios I had from another tune (from the same car) into a new sheet and couldn't figure out how I did it. :crazy:

Williams would pay for your relocation and would most likely give you some type of housing expense. There was an episode of House Hunters (yes, I have a GF) that featured a young couple that was relocated to the UK because the male had just accepted a position at Williams F1. As part of his package he was given a monthly housing allowance in addition to his salary.

Certainly something to think about, but my resume isn't that impressive.

@outlaw - You never said what you discovered. So, what did you discover?
I pretty much was Wardez...

Until I found out about this...
If you tinker with the top-speed slider while you have higher final drive you get shorter gears. If you tinker with the top speed while you have a low final drive you get taller gears. So to get what I have you'll have to play with the top speed on a final drive > 4... It may have even been 5.5; can't remember I spent the entire first hour of practice doing nothing but playing with the gears and the diff which was magically chopping seconds off my time.
...which meant that I might as well have put a "Pass Me" note on my bumper because, compared to anyone who did this, my car was gutless out of corners. :grumpy:

I pretty much was Wardez...
Until I found out about this......which meant that I might as well have put a "Pass Me" note on my bumper because, compared to anyone who did this, my car was gutless out of corners. :grumpy:

I liked online random PP races at one point, then everyone seemed to get so much faster..... gave up and headed to shuffle and SPEC.
Then I found that out....

Anyone have names for the turns yet? I have come up with a couple just wanted to see what you guys had.

Overpass, stadium sweeper, Sony straight, or Sony kink, annoying first turn lol and for the double apex right hander before overpass I call it walls, for obvious reasons.

I prefer to call them annoying turn 1, annoying turn 2, annoying turn 3, etc. This is one of my least favorite tracks, and I will probably drive 5 seconds off pace just to make sure I don't paint the walls. I did find this track map that has names for the corners, but I can't see ever remembering them haha.
cctrtokyoroute246au5eq0.gif

I can't see the pictures on page 1 right, can someone tell me if we're running this track normal or reverse? I like reverse better, but I think we're running normal.

Back