PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
My computer does not like live streams or high-res videos, it overheats and shuts off. :mad:

So generally speaking, the only videos I watch are short clips posted in threads or youtube links.

It's not video, just 'Tweets'. I don't have a Twitter account either but you can still see all of Jason's updates on the race as it happens. I was actually at home in the end as there was confusion over the time of our soccer game, which I missed, so kept up with the 'Tweets'! I kinda liked it and if I was around the house with nothing doing, I'd track the races as they happen live this way again. 👍

I read the tweets last time, quite entertaining. That said, D2 happens when us europeans ought to be asleep, not many twitter followers from here.

Of course I would not complain over a postproduced video summary with all the important events from different angles and some in-car action and slowmotion stuff to spice it up... but the tweets or a single thread post would be just great as well.

I will be running a partial schedule due to my personal life, I will run the rounds of Indianapolis, Monza & Spa

Someone asked me for sector times. I did a few quick laps today, earning me a 1:12.693 after multiple attempts.

26.444 (55.93)
16.763 (1:12.693)

Wonder why I was stuck in 13 flat the day I Q'ed. :confused:

I'll probably leave this alone. Not perfect but good enough.

pngcarsetup.php
Are those gears right? I tried your tune the other night and was topping out towards the end of the pits, even without draft.
669c0f05.jpg

Gearing is not dialed in. However the suspension side feels nice for me.
Your gears are very similar to my initial setup. I ended up increasing the final drive to like 3.125 because even with the draft I had way too much left in 5th gear at the end of the straight.

Are those gears right? I tried your tune the other night and was topping out towards the end of the pits, even without draft.

Your gears are very similar to my initial setup. I ended up increasing the final drive to like 3.125 because even with the draft I had way too much left in 5th gear at the end of the straight.
With my setups, always pull the top speed all the way down first, then adjust final gear. Top speed number's from the little box on the top right. 👍

Someone asked me for sector times. I did a few quick laps today, earning me a 1:12.693 after multiple attempts.

26.444 (55.93)
16.763 (1:12.693)

Wonder why I was stuck in 13 flat the day I Q'ed. :confused:
Thanks

29.486... I can do that....
55.93... 0.4 off...
1:12.693... 0.15 off...

OK, now I know that I'm not getting killed in T1 :dopey:
2 sectors to go........

I've gotten away from the tune I posted. Decided it be smart to use the tune that went 12.6 and learn to drive that car with it. ;)

I've gotten away from the tune I posted. Decided it be smart to use the tune that went 12.6 and learn to drive that car with it. ;)
Just note that not all tunes are created equal. For some, mine is perfect, others may think it stinks.

I still remember when, for the Lotus series, I used a posted tune. Made the car consistent, but was so slow compared to everyone else, my finishes were two 6ths, an 8th, and a 9th. Finally, I put together a hodgepodge setup, and with a rare dose of luck, I won my first race ever. Then I subsequently binned the car multiple times at the 'Ring before the game gave me a DC, one I actually was thankful for. :lol:

Bottom line, find tunes you like, and take pieces from each so you can build a custom-made one.
I'd say you're pretty safe with that time. :)
With my luck, I'll get knocked off P1 Sunday morning. :dunce:

I don't know my starting position history, but I'm almost sure I only have one pole. That one did not end well, so maybe I'd rather start 2nd/3rd. :nervous:

Don't worry about Adam, not in your Division. ;)
Wasn't that. Just the thought of running an 11 here, period. :crazy:

Just for reiteration, remember that at least TWO tires must stay within the white lines. Practice with this in mind. ;)

Also, heavy damage is on, and with the track's difficulty, a crash on your first flier will most likely lead to a DNQ. Unfortunately, it happened today. :(

Just wait until Welsh and/or Brosif knocks me off pole with a 12...
I'd say you're pretty safe with that time. :)

I haven't had time to turn a lap since last Sunday and I have never driven Asterisk Valley so I don't think I will be able to best your qualifying lap. However, Welsh is already in the 12s so I am sure he will make a strong effort when his time comes. I am hoping I can pick up the course quickly but that usually isn't the case since I generally dislike all GT5 created tracks, especially Toscana derived circuits.

On a personal note, I consider my pole position at Tokyo to have been a fluke what with the number of people who doinked the wall during their runs and Welsh off playing football. I was off the pace due to a personal dislike of the track and my innate lack of talent.

I'm going to open a room tonight for qualifying/practice when I get home that will be open for about 1.5 hours, or until the V8 Supercar race starts. :) (around 9pm MST)

Edit: Who watched Naptown's qualifying run? What happened?

Edit: Who watched Naptown's qualifying run? What happened?
On his first flyer, touched the dirt exiting T2, which spun him into a nasty crash. :ouch:
On a personal note, I consider my pole position at Tokyo to have been a fluke what with the number of people who doinked the wall during their runs and Welsh off playing football. I was off the pace due to a personal dislike of the track and my innate lack of talent.
Honestly, I'm liking this track less the more I run it. :indiff:
Room Open - 1472-4711-0167-3384-0640 if anyone wants a race or two :P

No one wants to race, only two here :(.
I don't intend on running any more laps until Sunday. However, if you need a steward, I'm available. 👍

On his first flyer, touched the dirt exiting T2, which spun him into a nasty crash. :ouch:Honestly, I'm liking this track less the more I run it. :indiff:I don't intend on running any more laps until Sunday. However, if you need a steward, I'm available. 👍

well adam is here just now anyway but we're just practicing, was just hoping for a few more drivers for some races.

Latest Posts

Back