PURE FMSC | Hydra World Championship / HDCS | Pre-Season Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 473 comments
  • 24,807 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work for Flyin' Miata (hence the connection to this series) and I also owned a '90 (seen in my avatar). Unfortunately with my pay salary I can't afford to buy a racecar outright and just go racing. I'm going to have to start with a $500 car. I know these cars down to every nut and bolt, so fixing it will not be an issue.

That's great. :cheers: So if I come across a Miata, and I need some info and help, I know where to look. ;). I love these slower, tighter cars. They are more interesting to drive, you are always pushing to the limits. Racing is much more interesting as well.
 
That's great. :cheers: So if I come across a Miata, and I need some info and help, I know where to look. ;).

No worries, I get that all the time. :lol:
 
So it looks like we can adjust the tire wear now?

Edit: The news list says "Tire-wear speed adjustment", so I assumed we could adjust it now. But it looks like PD adjusted it. Wonder if they slowed it down? Testing is in order...
 
Last edited:
and we have our pace car!
 
Abs zero? Spec cars don't have abs in real life do they?
 
Is this open or invite.

If open. I'd like to race my Roadster TC again.

PSN: GTP_OwensRacing
Car #: 27
Color: Silver /blck w chrome lip
 
We're not registering yet. :)
 
ABS=0 seems like a decent choice for a hard-core spec series. Being able to outbrake somebody is what's missing in GT5 so far. Whether abs=0 accomplishes that needs to be tested, but it probably will, especially after a few laps on the tires.
 
We can test it for sure, if you guys want to use it. I personally don't like it, but I'm not driving so it doesn't matter. :lol:
 
I'd like to get used to no ABS.

Really could get interesting. Wish you could lock the views used. Basically lock us to cock out view and no ABS.

I don't even use cockpit and want this. I would learn to use it. As with no ABS.

ANYWAY on the real. I am intrigued with no ABS.
 
With no ABS, your engine dies basically on you as you downshift. It forces you to do the heel toe maneuver for standard transmission cars. As you downshift you you tap the gas to keep the revs up. If you have watch V-8 Supercars they show a view from a camera showing this technique. Having ABS off with a controller is horrendous in my experience. Only works for people with a steering wheel setup.
 
and we have our pace car!


Can you turn the toggle the pace lights on/off or are they permanently set to on?


But seeing as it is a Nissan, I think we should use a MazdaSpeed6 as our pace car (I wonder why :sly:). Or you could just use a 787B. :lol:
 
I've been wanting to do a no ABS series for agessss since it wasn't that hard to police without the new update. I would love to use it but I can imagine some drivers, particularly pad users, being at a disadvantage.

I second the R34 Pace Car. Should be easier to see and it's much more powerful than a Mazda6. :D
 
I would also love to get used to no ABS, but I'm to lazy to do it without a series making me. :lol:
 
I'm all for it if you guys want it. Just means we may have more safety car periods. :lol:
 
No ABS :scared: lol, I'll most likely be locking up at most corners :lol:. Not affarid to give it a go but will need to practice it but, as I've had abs on 1 since I got GT5 :D.
 
I think it would be a fun thing to try if we were using the season two cars but with the upgraded Tc cars it will mean loss and lots of cautions
 
So it looks like we can do the option tire thing now, since the soft tires don't last as long?
 
I'd prefer sport softs/racing hards or racing hards/mediums if we're going the tyre strategy route. Please no racing softs! :p
 
Well yeah, that's what I meant. :D
 
Was it ever finalized on what upgrades would be made to the TC over stock for the Hydra series? Maybe I missed it?
 
Was it ever finalized on what upgrades would be made to the TC over stock for the Hydra series? Maybe I missed it?

Supercharger and Adjustable LSD with the Chassis Stiffening optional
 
Diabolical_J
Supercharger and Adjustable LSD with the Chassis Stiffening optional

Thanks
 
I'm going to schedule a couple official practice races for after Christmas, so we can test out the grid procedure and iron out any problems that might arise.
 
Sounds great, can't wait to obliterate the paradigm with my racing line - fate.
 
Um what Ed said :p
 
This should be fun tuning for tire wear and no ABS.
I can't win with speed but, maybe strategy.....
Will pit stops be mandatory?
 
Races will be a full hour this time around, so I might say no, but you'll probably have to anyway.
 
Hmm no Abs interesting :D. Now we can see me fail more often :p. (Atleast if someones diving at you and you hear tyre screeching you know you may need to avoid a locked up car :sly:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back