PURE-FRL - Classic 24 Hours of Le Mans - Date / Sign Ups up!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
Gogatrs presents…
In association with Furi Racing Leagues…
Pure Racing Evolution…
And stupidstormy36...

World Endurance Incorporated

Logo-Ver1.png

Official Press Release RE Driver and Team Selection Process

Driver Applications are to be registered by this form here.

And here is the team principal application form.

Poster-Adertise-Ver5.png

An all new organization to bring you an all new type of racing on Gran Turismo 5…
None other than endurance racing in its true form!

And our first event is by no means, testing the waters; we’re diving right into the deep end!
So get ready for the 24 Hours of Le Mans coming in early 2013!

This race will be run in “Free Run” mode in a Gran Turismo 5 private lounge to accommodate the full 24 hours of racing, as well as allowing drivers to enter, exit, and re-enter the lobby making driver swaps possible.

Last edited:
Banners-Race3.png

In 1967, the racing world was all in a buzz over Ford versus Ferrari, one of the greatest rivalries of all time. Ford, unsuccessful in their pursuit with the purchase over Ferrari years prior, developed their own midship race car to compete with Ferrari. In 1966, Ford won the 24 hours of Le Mans, being the first American manufacturer to win.

The following year saw revisions in both Ford's and Ferrari's race cars, debuting both the Mark IV and the 330 P4. Going head to head at Le Mans, the Mark IV took victory in 1967, taking revenge at the Daytona 24 hour race the same year, even though the Mark IV did not participate in the Daytona race. Ferrari took second and third at Le Mans.

Meanwhile, there was yet another vehicle secretly being developed that could have ended the fierce rivalry, the Jaguar XJ13. Hosting Jaguar's first V12 engine, this vehicle was the one that would've replaced Jaguar's D type since the early 60's. Completed in 1966, this vehicle would have gone on to challenge the throne of Ford and Ferrari.

Jaguar made its decision to re-enter Le Mans the following year. However, fate would not be so kind. The project was cancelled due to talks of a merger and all racing development ceased. In 1971, the XJ13 took to testing, but an accident made it seem as if it never existed. Jaguar almost got its chance, but fell short in the end. But that will change.

Race the dream battle that never was: Ferrari vs. Ford vs. Jaguar.

In our recreation of the event, we will be making driver swaps just like they do in the real race. Cars will be shared between up to 8 different drivers who will occasionally swap control of the car. This will continue for an entire 24 hours!

Banners-Track3.png

As we all know, Circuit de la Sarthe, or more commonly referred to as Le Mans, is one of, if not the, hottest venue for endurance racing. Making it's debut in 1923, the 24 Hours of Le Mans tests not only the vehicles that run this annual race, but it also tests the drivers to their fullest ability and mental capacity.

This semi-permanent racing circuit is an astounding 13.629 km (8.469 mi) at its current configuration, making it one of the longest tracks in the world. With the length also comes its age. Bumpy roads and over 80% full throttle pushes engines and drivetrain components to the edge as cars can reach an excess of well over 200 mph on the Mulsanne Straight (fitted with two bus stops), which will eventually come to the braking and suspension side, with an almost hairpin turn at the straight's end.

The corners themselves rarely offer a chance to slow lower than 50 mph, and often sway back and forth for ultimate mastery of your vehicle is a must. A balance for speed and grip is vital at this course.

Last edited:
Banners-Cars3.png

Seeing how we went nostalgic with the event, it only seemed fitting that we use the appropriate cars for the event. We decided to use pre-70s models with the Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67, Ford Mark IV Race Car '67, and the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66.

These vehicles are not only classics, but will also push the drivers even further with the missing state of the art equipment that today's drivers are blessed with.

Vehicles will run between 471 and 523 HP, while weight will vary between 792 and 1000 kgs. Each vehicle will be homologated properly.

Last edited:
Banners-Community3.png

The race itself is the main event, but it would not be possible without a great community. The best drivers from the GTPlanet community will compete in the ultimate endurance race everyone dreams of racing in, but even better, in these classic rides.

This race not only involves the drivers, but engineers as well as the entire GTPlanet community. Tuning your ride will have a great impact on racing itself, but will also give engineers (aka tuners) a chance to show off their skills as well, without having to race themselves. Advice and tips can go a long way!
Tuning garages are encouraged to help offer advice and develop each team's set up to fit all of the drivers.

Not only will the race be big, but will be covered live! Details are still being worked out, but rest assured, this event will be huge!

Watch for details!​

Last edited:
Oh ah.. If I knew what it was I may have been more skeptical about posting.. Ah.. I dunno yet.

^very funny. :rolleyes:

This is one huge huge project, been in works for months.

Is the Chromeline allowed? That would be the only car I have.

So Furry... is there any reliable way of counting those laps? Especially when you're away? :P

I'm intrigued as to how the actual race is going to work in free run mode. :confused:

It might mean a possibility of me joining. :embarrassed:

I believe the most efficient way would be to have somebody use a game capturer on the timing screen.

Having the race run on free run mode is genius and troublesome at the same time. Free run allows DC'ers to rejoin. This can be treated as mechanical problems etc. That was the only real problem with having the race in race mode. However im curious as to how you'll keep track of positions and how many laps everyone has done. 1 person doing this in the watch race screen will have piles up work non stop. Keeping a close eye on this thread.

Depending on the day, Defo down for this, if were doing this as 24 hrs, best to do as a weekend race, can i go assemble a team? :D il do the full 24 if i cant, i may die but we'll cross the bridge when we come to it

^very funny. :rolleyes:

This is one huge huge project, been in works for months.

As apposed to the race I posted, which they clearly only organized the day of the race, despite 3 and a half months between the thread opening and the day of the race and plans for the 2013 race and a series running now...

I don't think it's right to go around claiming your race is the best, considering your history as a host, with a crashfest just yesterday for one....

As apposed to the race I posted, which they clearly only organized the day of the race, despite 3 and a half months between the thread opening and the day of the race and plans for the 2013 race and a series running now...

I don't think it's right to go around claiming your race is the best, considering your history as a host, with a crashfest just yesterday for one....

I am not host. I am just holding the thread open. Leave cheap pointless barbs for other times.:)

Depending on the day, Defo down for this, if were doing this as 24 hrs, best to do as a weekend race, can i go assemble a team? :D il do the full 24 if i cant, i may die but we'll cross the bridge when we come to it

R35 don't see why you can't see. It's been a long time planning this, idea mooted back in around early september. I would like to drive myself.

One thing is that you'll have to have less than 16 racing to allow room for the next drivers to join and get ready to race, surely?

Oh, and the Jaguar XJ13 probably wouldn't have "gone on to challenge throne of Ford and Ferrari" as it was regarded as being obsolete against the 7 litre Fords and Ferrari 330s. :P

Last edited:
it this is done successfully this probably be the best race ever, how many would be on each team or is up to the team's themselves?

it this is done successfully this probably be the best race ever, how many would be on each team or is up to the team's themselves?

I believe up to 8 per team. I am not 100% sure of this, or how many entries there will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back