PURE | Mazdaspeed RX-7 Challenge | Series Champion: NEPALII

• Thread starter Müle
  • 1,757 comments

Tuning: Yes or no?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My car went from :) to :grumpy:, and I didn't even touch it.

Guess I'll only have one goal for the race. Don't screw up.

outlaw4rc
My car went from :) to :grumpy:, and I didn't even touch it.

Guess I'll only have one goal for the race. Don't screw up.

Rich, I truly think you reach mental blocks and blame the car. I say this with upmost respect and my aim is to help. It very easily the connection causing you problems. However usually the driver loses his state of mind and well you know how that works.

With all that, I have faith you will do just fine today!!!!

Special race colors? I'm in!!!

See you all in Japan!

Trying to find a tune that will not require 7 pit stops. Helpless!

I am having my anger here: 1472-6681-3415-7080-2087

Rich, I truly think you reach mental blocks and blame the car. I say this with upmost respect and my aim is to help. It very easily the connection causing you problems. However usually the driver loses his state of mind and well you know how that works.
That's why I saved my original setup, and made up a different one. If it was just the room, I'll know pretty soon.

Even if the car stays :grumpy:, it's still relatively fast and the tire wear's good enough that I only need 6 stops...

...which reminds me. How many laps are we running again? 32, 33, 34, somewhere around there, right? :lol:

So that's what, like 8 stops right? :D

It's a 🤬 3 stopper...:confused: Maybe 4, if you pit every 7 laps.(6 on hards)

Am I doing something magical?

Edit: Sorry, I guess that sounds kinda rude, but seriously, no way you guys are going to pit 6-7 times, come on now.

I just did 5 laps on Mediums then had a crash fest.
Ok, so you can definitely go 6 laps. Even at that it's only 5 stops, certainly not 7.
7 would be every 4 laps, with 7 laps on hards. (that or some strange 4.5 strategy)

I'm coming in, using outlaws tune with some refinements.

full aero
8/13/13

11/10
12.4/11.0
8/5
5/8
5/5

2.0/1.0
0.00 / -0.25

BB 3/4

We had house guests all weekend, and I was never able to break free to run a qualifying session. I would like to join you guys for today's race, and start from the back.

Just let me know, as I can also sit this one out, as I haven't been to all the races.. and there is a championship at stake that I don't want to mess up.

Can I make a quick note to everyone in today's race?

Please, please, please be mindful of what you are doing and where you are doing it when you are around the championship contenders. Judging by my starting position I won't be winning this race, so my goal is just to run it carefully and not make any mistakes. This means I may be braking sooner than normal. I just don't want to be taken out by someone else's mistake.

Thanks. :)

We had house guests all weekend, and I was never able to break free to run a qualifying session. I would like to join you guys for today's race, and start from the back.

Just let me know, as I can also sit this one out, as I haven't been to all the races.. and there is a championship at stake that I don't want to mess up.

No problem!

RACE ROOM IS OPEN!

1472-6118-4216-8213-3989

Check for a PSN update and make sure you don't have to accept some new terms of service. I remember someone mentioning something about that the other day.

Just checked, I'm on the lastest software version.

Reset my router. That seemed to work yesterday.

And THAT is what I practice for. What a ******* joke. If there's something I hate is wasting my time for a race that in the end doesn't even happen. I've been pissed at GT5 and myself a few times before, but never as much as I am now. I had a freaking horrible race on friday. Wanted to practice hard just so that I would sort of have a nice end to the worst weekend. HA!! Like that could ever happen. Lag going on nicely, somebody else's race being ruined by this. Time to call it a day.Today I've left a race of my own decision for the first time in my life.

Perhaps it's just the right time to call it a day and stop racing altogether.

Ugh, screwed up strategy, couldn't stay on track for more than a couple laps at a time, was a moving chicane when I was on. I got out before I screwed anyone else up.

Wa victim of lag. First lap 6th turn off track I go. 30 secs off pace by time I got back on track.

This twice now at Suzuka this has happened.

Anyway tried to get back into the race. Mentally wasn't there. So going outside to play with the kids and dog. See some of you tonight.

Wanted to add to my own particular rant that I'm very sorry for Owens. Hate causing trouble to others.

And I'm sorry about my rant, to be honest. But my life is a mess lately; too many things to take care of, and no time at all to do it. I have to schedule a lot of things that are pretty much un-schedule-able. Therefore, when my life is **** and I do something that's supposed to be fun but it's not, it sucks. When you've spent what little free time you have on races, and it goes like this, it sucks even more.

It seems definitely true that problems never come alone :(

EDIT: All in all, good season guys, even if I was rubbish. 👍

Last edited:
Wanted to add to my own particular rant that I'm very sorry for Owens. Hate causing trouble to others.

And I'm sorry about my rant, to be honest. But my life is a mess lately; too many things to take care of, and no time at all to do it. I have to schedule a lot of things that are pretty much un-schedule-able. Therefore, when my life is **** and I do something that's supposed to be fun but it's not, it sucks. When you've spent what little free time you have on races, and it goes like this, it sucks even more.

It seems definitely true that problems never come alone :(

EDIT: All in all, good season guys, even if I was rubbish. 👍

I have missed qualifying deadline twice already on WSGTC. It seems Im not the only one with very little free time. It's tough to find a good hour or 2 to practice a day.

But things will get better GV, we all go through good and bad moments. I miss the epic race we had at Fuji on GT300. That was awesome, you better start picking it up again so we can have another one of those battles. :D

OH and thank you carracer. :)

Back