PURE's Roadcar & Spec Miata mod - Released!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 194 comments
Great News!! I received my G27 3 days after I bought it. Holy moly this changes everything I know with cars. I am having a blast so far. Will def be playing more with Assetto Corsa. I really need to get a full stand going. A hot tv dinner tray soo does not work.
I'm using a homemade stand built with two pre-cut 24"x24" boards and some 2"x2" board for the legs, sandwiched between the two. Plus some extra 2x2 bracing. Should be able to recreate it for less than $50 and it works ok.

Great News!! I received my G27 3 days after I bought it. Holy moly this changes everything I know with cars. I am having a blast so far. Will def be playing more with Assetto Corsa. I really need to get a full stand going. A hot tv dinner tray soo does not work.
If you don't have the Force Feedback Clipping Tool, download it from the AC Support Forums and use it to set up the G27. The G27 is not the strongest wheel and it's fairly easy to set the FFB too high and you'll be clipping a lot of really useful information out of the wheel, especially at the most critical times, like when cornering. If you need help just let me know.

Thanks for the advice. I did some laps today at Silverstone in the SLS Race Car. I stayed on track better than street cars. LOL I run full sim mode (need to check that to make sure) I am getting a great workout on it. I will def be getting that tool installed.

So I broke out the H shifter and well, yeah. Absolutely horrible. I am a little disappointed that you can can stall, but use the clutch to start the car. GT6 forces you to press the throttle to start. Was using the Abarth 500 today on Silverstone National Course. Can anyone share a link for this Miata? I'd like to take this for a spin ASAP.

So I broke out the H shifter and well, yeah. Absolutely horrible. I am a little disappointed that you can can stall, but use the clutch to start the car. GT6 forces you to press the throttle to start. Was using the Abarth 500 today on Silverstone National Course. Can anyone share a link for this Miata? I'd like to take this for a spin ASAP.
PURE's Roadcar & Spec Miata mod *new in-game previews, close to release!*

Sorry guys! here's the latest update on FB: https://www.facebook.com/PureRacingEvolutionFanpage/posts/611601012308042

Here's the text. Follow us on FB for the latest updates!

If you missed it on the Assetto Corsa forums, from our modeler Gergely Kiss:

"Hey guys! It's been a while, but it is really great to see this much interest and support in our mod. We've been quiet lately, but that doesn't mean we have stopped working on the car.

As you all might know we do this as a hobby and usually we don't have as much time as we want to. Real life, job, family etc... but I don't want to bore you all with that.

So as for the car, maybe it's hard to believe but we want to release it just as much as you want to try it, we really can't wait to let you all enjoy it as much as we do while testing it.
Our plan is to release the stock car first, because that is in the most completed state. The sound and the physics are done for the stock car, and we are pretty confident with what we got already.

We started a closed beta testing phase back in august, as this was necessary to get valuable feedback on handling mostly. We have got a lot of great beta testers and they did an incredible job helping us out with anything we asked for, as they are all real mx5 owners.

The reason we have not released it yet is because the texturing for the interior is still not finished, and the LODs needs to be done also. Although we haven't decided yet but we might release the car without the LODs first as a preview to let you all enjoy it as soon as possible. In the last couple of months I was working on the interior model to bring it to the same level as the exterior, and to use all the possibilities AC gives, so that means I completely remodeled every single part of the interior.
Meanwhile Modek was busy upgrading the sound with the original recording we received not long ago, and Marlon was working hard on upgrading the physics also.

So as we always said we aim for the quality, we've put a lot of effort into it already and we don't know how long it will take to finish the car as we never wanted to rush it out.
But one thing is for sure, we are still working on it and we enjoy doing it."

Although we haven't decided yet but we might release the car without the LODs first as a preview to let you all enjoy it as soon as possible

Please do, we desperately need a MX5 in Assetto Corsa. :cheers:

Sounds very professional indeed! Love that real MX-5 owners get to decide on the physics. It will be a welcome addition.

@Wardez i know this might sound a bit anal, but it disturbs me that most car mods have different pictograms in the garage list unlike the standard AC cars (positioned differently or with another background), will the MX5 blend into the AC garage like the rest of the Kunos cars?

Sounds very professional indeed! Love that real MX-5 owners get to decide on the physics. It will be a welcome addition.

@Wardez i know this might sound a bit anal, but it disturbs me that most car mods have different pictograms in the garage list unlike the standard AC cars (positioned differently or with another background), will the MX5 blend into the AC garage like the rest of the Kunos cars?

Already is, glad you appreciate the little things 👍 there's a lot of detail for people to go over for sure :)

This is a seriously cool project, well done to all involved.

:cheers:

a98512be5948e3427bc2697cc1bbfd0d.png

super-excited.gif

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ration-with-flyin-miata-released.6511/page-72

The wait is Over! Presenting The Mazda Miata 1.8i 1995 by Pure Team
The long awaited Mazda Miata Mod is finally here. We hope you all enjoy as much as we have in testing and again thanks for all the support. Updates and more versions to follow in the coming months.

Again from the whole team, apologies for the delay but no point retracing the reasons, the time has come to have some fun. Many thanks to all involved, no matter how small the effort, many have helped get this mod where she is now.

We all look forward to seeing you on track!

9gBfGMs.jpg

Download v1.0
https://mega.co.nz/#!3AZGDBgS!8rEZjwuxIIrVrA5KJgfzEujoELtafQI-AesTzrFbpVs

Racedepartment Link
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mazda-mx-5.6635/

Sound fix (Only needed if no prior mods installed)
http://assettocorsamod.com/sound-fix-for-mods-after-1-1-5-update/

Disclaimer: Distribution of this file and its contents is prohibited without the creators' consent. Modification of any content contained is prohibited without the creators' consent.

Last edited:
I love this thing. It's so satisfying to throw around corners, to listen to, to change gears in - it just gets that I want to have the utmost fun when I'm hotlapping. I love the nuances in audio depending which view you've engaged and that it's always ready to be on edge but never falling off of said edge (unless like me you're trying to powerslide/drift around corners knowing damn well you have no business doing so as you don't know how to).

Simply put, I haven't had this much fun in an AC car since the P1 and 787B. My only two actual complaints are as follows:

- There aren't more Miatas to drive. I need more to spread out the fun otherwise I'm going to go insane which I realize sounds counter-intuitive, but you need to trust me. :lol:
- Where is my Mariner Blue? :P

Such an incredibly fun car to drive! You guys were able to translate the car perfectly into this game, useable power and probably now my favorite mod in AC!

Can't wait for the other versions to come out! :dopey:

I love this thing. It's so satisfying to throw around corners, to listen to, to change gears in - it just gets that I want to have the utmost fun when I'm hotlapping. I love the nuances in audio depending which view you've engaged and that it's always ready to be on edge but never falling off of said edge (unless like me you're trying to powerslide/drift around corners knowing damn well you have no business doing so as you don't know how to).

Simply put, I haven't had this much fun in an AC car since the P1 and 787B. My only two actual complaints are as follows:

- There aren't more Miatas to drive. I need more to spread out the fun otherwise I'm going to go insane which I realize sounds counter-intuitive, but you need to trust me. :lol:
- Where is my Mariner Blue? :P

haha, thanks a lot. That makes me real glad because now I know you'll love S2, drift machine, and other versions that are coming up. The audio is such a source of pride for us, Modek is yenius!

Mariner Blue!!! Gots to have it!

And thanks so very much for the plug in your Spotlight!!

@Wardez which 3D modeling programme is used to create the Miata?

I asked Patrik on AC forum but he doesn't answer my PM.

And..... can I have a hard top I can put on the Miata. :D
I love hard tops.

Latest Posts

Back