Qualifying - Online Races

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_BR_Octane
  • 7 comments
  • 941 views
Messages
29
Messages
BR_Octane
Quick questions:

1 - How can you set a qualifying session before jumping into the race?
2 - Which are the possible alternatives for sorting the starting grid after the qualifying session?

BR_Octane
 
I don't think they have added the feature to decide winner by fastest lap time yet
 
LJ
I don't think they have added the feature to decide winner by fastest lap time yet

Most respectfully, thats not what I said. Let me put it in other words: Can wer organize a starting grid by running a qualy session prior to the race?

Cheers
 
I've been online only for a couple of races.
But I think it gives you a drive only option before the race,next to the race button in the lobby.
I just drove a few laps with some other guys, and my laptime was then then registered.
This beeing said, eveerybody in lobby has to agree until everyone finished a lap before hitting "Start race", unless there's some sort of overide where only the host can start the race.
Laptimes start counting only after first full lap is finished.
Hope this helps, and I'm not sure if I'm right since Idon't have the game in front of me right now.
Try it anyway, and let me know..............
 
A couple of things worth noting. From my Lounge other players were able to start the race without my say so. And also my Lounge I was able to quit the race and my friend was still doing laps after I quit, he had to quit so I could restart.
 
Most respectfully, thats not what I said. Let me put it in other words: Can wer organize a starting grid by running a qualy session prior to the race?

Cheers

With equal respect you're describing a session where the winner has the fastest lap time; that's what LJ was referring to.

In the majority of racing games the quali logic requires that Session A be run with 'fastest lap wins' and that Session B's grid be set according to the Session A results.

Those options don't appear to be individually available, what we need to know now is whether or not there's an inbuilt quali as part of a 'single' take event.
 
We NEED the option to make it so only the host can start the race. My first open lobby experience will probably be the last, its rubbish. Everyone is in completely different cars so theres no close racing, race ends 15 seconds after 1st place so nobody can finish AND anyone can start the race so you never get a chance to change car or tune... FFS
 
With equal respect you're describing a session where the winner has the fastest lap time; that's what LJ was referring to.

In the majority of racing games the quali logic requires that Session A be run with 'fastest lap wins' and that Session B's grid be set according to the Session A results.

Those options don't appear to be individually available, what we need to know now is whether or not there's an inbuilt quali as part of a 'single' take event.

thats what I meant:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134009
 
Back