Queen of Speed - Supercar Shopping

• Thread starter Zach
  • 52 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

(Banned)
ZacharySim
Quick Summary - Mayu is best known as the Queen of Speed in Japan. She drives a Fairlady Z Z34, and the power and weight is unknown by the public. She has a best friend, known as Teru.

Chapter 1 - Victory

"Mayu! Time to wakeup!"
Exclaimed Teru.
What time is it?
Asked Mayu.
"It's 12 'o clock!"
"What?! I have a meetup at Suzuka with my teammates at 12.30!" screamed Mayu.
Mayu quickly got dressed and ran to her car with her handbag. Soon, she was off for Suzuka.

After Mayu's meetup at Suzuka, at the paddock, someone named Takuma challenged Mayu to a pinkslip race,and to sweeten the deal a prize of 500,000 yen was offered. He was driving a stock R35 GTR to race her. Mayu agreed to it. They decided to have a 1 lap race at Suzuka East Course.

Without further ado,the race started.

"Yes, i'm in the lead!AWD for the win!"
"He had a great start! I had wheelspin! Oh no!"

"WHAT!? How much power does she have in that thing?"
"Cured my wheelspin and up to speed!"

"That's a monster! How did she get it to be so fast at cornering?"
"Haha, haha. Getting regrets now?"

"Those curves were so sharp! But she's so agile! My car is so damn heavy AT 1740KG!"

"I love snaking curves! It's like a cone slalom!"

"I just love Suzuka!"
"I must be not pushing hard enough. Power, GTR!"

"Why are there so many snaking curves? It's like a cone slalom!"
"2nd snake curve! Whee!

"Last hairpin! This is so narrow!"
The hairpin is difficult to master! 1 mistake and I could lose my precious Fairlady!

"And across the line!"

Takuma admitted defeat to the one and only 'Japan's queen of racing', Mayu. But, they stayed friends. Mayu got the cash, and the keys. She drove her Fairlady home and left the GTR in her garage at Suzuka.

Notable Facts
------------------
1 - Yes, a reference to the Japanese movie I give my first love to you.
2 - The Fairlady is tuned, and the GTR is stock, as you would know if you read Chapter 1.
3 - The driver of the GTR is phil bell, or PSN is CRAB_SG. Thank you so much Philip!

Last edited:
It's not much use to tell everyone what the power and weight of the car is if it's meant to be unknown to the public. And sorry for moaning, but where are the pictures?

Sorry, it's just that I'm at school and there's probably a block on whichever photo-sharing site you're using to upload your pictures.

Indeed, nice to see the fairlady given her due. She's even driven BY a fairer lady. Can't wait to see how this pans out, Zachary.

Editor's Notes - Yes, there may be quite little photos. I apologise for that!

Chapter 2 - The Unexpected has Come

"Mayu! Can we go to Route 7?"
"Alright. I feel gloomy today, maybe it would be nice to cruise on Route 7."
"Yay! Let's go!"

They get into Mayu's Fairlady, as the GTR is at Nissan to upgrade the GTR into a SpecV, for a small amount of cash.

"It really is relaxing to drive on the highway."

Just then, a Skyline R34 barreled up, with a guy named Sakema behind the wheel wanted to have a pinkslip with Mayu. Mayu agreed, and the race would be a drag race at the tunnel on Route 7. The race, soon started.

"Buckle up, Teru!"

"Oh no! His car is so much faster than mine!"
Heehee! Don't underestimate me!"

"Getting closer!"
"Whoa, that Z is catching up!"

"Neck and neck!"
"I scarcely believe it, is she going to beat me?"

"Oh my 🤬! I have just won Mayu's legendary Fairlady Z!"
"Oh no! Goodbye, Fairlady..I will get you back again next time,i promise.."

Mayu and Sakema stayed in touch, because Mayu wanted to get her Fairlady back at all costs..

Credits
--------
ZacharySim - author
Otsdarva - Skyline R34
Phil bell-editor

Last edited:
Chapter 3 - Devastation

Stumbling wearily out of her Z,Mayu tossed the keys to Sakema..It was a sobering day in her life and as she hitched a ride home to her apartment..Only the eerie crackle of raindrops pelting the tarmac echoed through her cranium as she sat there in a stupefied daze..

3 days later,in a bid to escape the tragic loss of her beloved Z,she decided to follow Teru on a tour accross the UK but to her surprise,a present awaited..

My GT-R!! And it's in the same shade as my precious!
"Thats not all,pop the hood!"
Twin GT2530 turbos and a high flow Greddy intercooler...
Good for 800hp,take her for a spin!
Hmm,maybe tomorrow Teru, its getting late and jet-lag has gotten the better of me..
Ok,see ya tomorrow,get some sleep for once!
Both walked to their room at a nearby motel and dozed off.

At the crack of dawn Mayu and Teru packed their bags and dashed out to the GTR glistening brightly in the sunlight..
It certainly looks good.
Sure does,but dont stare too long,we have a track to be at.
Track?
Topgear test track,theres a time attack and finalists get entry to the official Yokohama Racing Team.
You know me so well Teru!!
Teru grinned slyly and soon they were on the road
Give it some stick!
Ok,you asked for it..
The turbos spooled with an angry hiss as the GTR lunged foward with ever increasing voracity.
The acceleration G's are crushing me STOP IT!!
Seeing as they arrived at the track,Mayu merely grazed the brake pedal and the car pulled up..Right behind a race ready Corvette.

A man in full race overalls walked towards the GTR.
Are you two applying for the time attack?
Yep
Yep
Youre early,so lets go a round.Hop in the yellow Lotus 111R , i'd like to see what you can do...
Mayu pounced out of the GTR,grabbed the keys to the Lotus and leapt in the Lotus before the guy had even finished his sentence...he chuckled at the sight and casually got into his Lotus 111R...a battle ensued.

With a thin brow of sweat forming on his forehead,the man thought
This girl is different, unlike those who preceeded she's actually keeping up!

After the neck snapping power of the lardy, overweight GTR driving the 111R was a cinch for Mayu.

It's like steering through telepathy!!

This Lotus is fun! I might go car shopping when i'm back in Japan!

The walkie talkie crackles in Mayu's car.

It's clear you can handle this no problem,so lets raise the bar..meet me in the pits.
Both cars pull in and they transfer to 2 brand spanking new Audi R8 V8's! Mayu gazed wide eyed at the white one for awhile then threw herself into the leather clad bucket seat. Another battle ensued.

This car is fun!

After a long time out on track,it was obvious the front tyres on both audis were worn..
*trail brakes,clutch in,yanks e-brake*
It's the only way to neutralise this stubborn understeer,try to keep up with..WHAT!?

It turns out Mayu was following his technique with scalpel sharp levels of precision.

she's really good..I didnt expect an amateur to slide so gracefully.

I simply cannot shake her off! Is this a dream? Okay,time to give her more then..

The walkie talkie in Mayu's car crackled into life once more.

Ok,lets step it up a notch,this kind of thing is clearly beyond you repertoire or skills,pull into the pits and grab the silver SLS. It's on worn tyres so we'll see if your accelerator control is up to par.

A battle did not ensue this time. An EPIC battle ensued as Mayu left the pits,both rear tyres fighting a losing battle for traction.The guy then started tailgating her in a identical black SLS.

Even most applicants would spin the car at least once,but instead not a single error AND i'm having to drive at 90% just to keep up!
Dammit he's a pro alright,he's all over my rear end..
Mayu rasped nervously as both her palms were wrapping the suede steering wheel in a thin veil of sweat,her fists seemingly glued to it..she had no choice but to give it her all and the results were plain to see as both cars were so engaged to the point that they were barely a meter apart!

Finally it was the end as the radios in both cars buzzed slightly before a caucasian voice roared that other applicants should have a turn too..they pulled into the pits and glanced at each other as they emerged from the car's as sweating wrecks...

How'd I do?
Im fairly confident you'll win this,let ya know by tonight.

Mayu smiles and leaves the scene in her GTR back to the motel with Teru.

Credits
----------
Phil Bell, aka CRAB_SG, main author of Chapter 3
ZacharySim, editor of Chapter 3

Last edited:
Chapter 4 - The Racer Reborn

*RING RING RING*
nuhhhh.....muhhh....
Mayu grunted as she dragged herself out of the spongy bed,awoken by the incessant chime of the alarm clock. She was immediately greeted by the aroma of piping hot tea and rich,buttery crossiants.

Tea-Croissant-1040549.jpg

Teru,you made this!?
I wish,bought it from the shop across the street..dig in or else we'll be late.
You mean we qualified? For the race?
Yes sleepyhead, your phone buzzed like mad awhile ago and you didnt even realise!
Thanks Teru, don't know what I'd do without ya.

After wolfing down breakfast, Mayu snatched the keys to the GTR and darted off into the horizon. A short stint later,she arrived at the track only to catch a glimpse of a brightly colored sign emblazoned with bold words "finalists here".A stones throw away from the sign was a GT500 class Supra which she parked behind. Little did she know that later on this very car would be her worst nightmare..

Opposite the parked cars, 3 lanky figured men dressed in racing overalls stepped forward, helmet in hand. One was the man she raced with before. He cleared his throat and announced, "These men have posted times spookily identical to yours,so I decided to have a 3 way deathmatch to settle this,with 3 laps around this circuit. Introduce yourself guys."
Hi, I am Naoki Hattori.
And I am Keiichi Tsuchiya.
These guys have had experience with Supras and thats what they'll be using, so hop in the GT500 R35 and lets begin.
cool!
Upon hearing that Mayu made a beeline straight for her car and the race begun.

The GT500 R35 GTR being lighter than the GT500 Supra, gave Mayu an advantage, and as she flung herself into the first corner, her rivals Hattori and Tsuchiya were battling for second place. Hattori had locked the brakes into Turn 1 causing him to skid to the outside... towards Tsuchiya!
Get away from me punk!
This aint good...

Tsuchiya had now blasted pass Hattori,and was setting his sights on Mayu.
Come on!! Go Supra!!
Tsuchiya cackled menacingly as he closed in on Mayu's R35.
Ah, he's gaining, soon he'll be right up my rear end!!

They're in another league, this is becoming a 2 horse race!
A shocked Hattori exclaimed.
"Another tenth there.."
Quipped Tsuchiya
It's inevitable,looks like I am gonna have to block him off!
Mayu grunted nervously, she had never been under so much pressure before and the effects of that pressure were profound.

Urgh,I missed the braking point!! Oversteer!!
*dabs throttle, applies corrective lock*
Mayu yelled in despair as her R35 went into a half-spin,but at least she made the turn,albeit with most of her speed scrubbed off.

So reckless,it's like seeing myself in the past.
Tsuchiya thought before he contemplated his next move.
This next hairpin, i'll take her there!
His eyes widened and with a clear plan he went in for the kill.

Cant be!!He was 2 seconds behind just a lap ago!!
This move prompted Mayu's quick reactions,leaving braking to the last nanosecond as she over-sped and slid into the corner to block Tsuchiya.

Im surprised...surprised and annoyed..looks like she isn't the simpleton I thought she was.
If it's a drift off you want you'll get it!!
The battle continued with Tsuchiya pressurising Mayu at every oppourtunity.

The battle raged on with both contestants pulling out every trick they've got.
Mayu was ahead but as the last corner loomed in the distance, Tsuchiya drafted past her and was ready to overtake.
NO!! Not now, i've worked too hard to be overtaken now!!

With a deft stamp of her right foot combined with her seemingly superhuman reflexes, she sent the R35 into a slide forcing Tsuchiya to hold back or fly into the ditch.

I can't pass...It's over.
Tsuchiya,for the first time in his life, was stunned.
As Mayu passed the line in pole position all she grinned broadly...

CREDITS
----------
Phil Bell - Main Author
ZacharySim - Editor, Photos

Last edited:
I should point out that Naoki Hattori drove a Skyline GT-R in the 24 Hours of Spa sometime back around 1991 or 1992.

Editor's Note: Some specs of the cars may be wrong, i'm away from my PS3 now.

Car Shopping!

Screeching tyres were heard, by Naoki Hattori, Mayu, Teru, the organizer, and Keiichi Tsuchiya. The organizer said, "Oh look, it's the Yokohama Racing Team leader's car!"

"Hi Mayu. I rushed here when I heard about your victory. Hi, i'm Keiko Tsumaya, the leader of the Yokohama Racing Team."
"Wow, it's nice to see a female talent as well! Hi, i'm Mayu Tokawa, and this is my best friend, Teru Azawa."
"Hi Keiko!"
"Well, hi! Mayu, i'd like you to get home and rest for a bit. I'll knock on your house's door soon."
"Alright. By the way, our flight back to Japan is on Thursday evening, so we'll be sightseeing England for a bit, since it's Monday today."
"Well, alright. I will see you in Japan."
"Well, see you then!"

Friday 12.30pm, Shoren-in Kyoto.

"Ah, it's nice to be home!"
"Yeah! Our trip was nice!"
"What shall we have for lunch?"
"I might cook some pasta! Could you drive me to the nearest supermarket?"
"Sure! My stomach's growling!"

Saturday 11.30am, Shoren-in Kyoto.

"Here it is! This street is narrow! I'll ring the doorbell!"
"Who was that? I'll go see."

When Mayu opened her door, she got the surprise of her life!
"Hey Keiko! What are you doing here?"
"Hey! I wanted to give you a special message. Let's go car shopping! We are going overseas on Monday morning and the race we are competing in requires hatchbacks! I have got mine, which is a Civic Type R EK9. Our budget is 100k USD."
"Sure! Is there a limit on power?"
"I believe it is 530hp! Let's get in my car!"

The Premium Dealership, 1.30pm

"May I help you? My name is Torae."
"Hi Torae, we are looking for hatchbacks, limit of 530hp and below 100k USD.

"This is a Subaru Impreza STi WRX tuned. It has 527hp, weighs 1100kg with a 4WD drivetrain and costs just 75,000 USD."
"I'd consider it. 4WD is beneficial for me, and the power and weight is good. Plus, the colour is awesome!"
"It's your choice!"

"This is a Focus ST tuned, with 422hp, weighing 1185kg with a FF drivetrain."
"Not very impressed, especially with the color palette."
"I agree! Considering how much power it has, there will be wheelspin."
"Seeing that you do not like FFs with too much power, I only have another car that is not with a FF drivetrain."

"This is a Renault Clio Tuned, with 400hp and weighing 1050kg with a MR drivetrain."
"I'll either get this or the Subaru. Let me discuss with my friends for a moment."

"What do you think? I am more attracted to the Impreza because of the power, but the Clio is lighter, just by 50kg.
"I'd get the Impreza, if you ask me."
"Me too!"

Torae, i'll take the Impreza.
"Cash or credit card?"
"Credit card."

As Keiko dropped Teru and Mayu at their house, she told Mayu and Teru to arrive at the Atankt Airport at 4am on Monday, as they were flying off to Rome, for their first challenge.

Monday, 3.50am, Tokyo expressways

"Almost there!"
"I'm excited!"

"There you are!"
"Yeah. The flight is at 4.30am right?
"Yes! Come, i'll drive your car into the cargo plane. I have checked in and my hatchback is in the plane. You guys go check in your luggage. By the way, our flight number is RB906, Red Bull Airlines.

And they flew off, to Rome.

Credits
--------
ZacharySim, main author
Phil Bell, editor

Last edited:
I should tell you that 100,000 yen is about $800-1,300. That Impreza must have something wrong with it if it's selling for that cheap, e.g. the engine has been replaced by a few hundred hamster wheels, or the car has been eaten by rust.

Hiring people for Chapter 5! We need pimped up hot hatches. Never mind the colours, just volunteer if you have it! It needs to be at least 400hp as it needs to compete with the monster STi, with 527hp. It is alright if I need to detune, just let me know.

Cars Participating
===========

Subaru Impreza WRX STi - ZacharySim
Honda Civic Type R (EK9) - Phil Bell
Daihatsu Blue Devil MIRA - SuperGTRacer

Last edited:
Would you call the Blue Devil MIRA a hatchback? It has 202 HP, but it turns very quickly and reaches around 170 MPH. If not, I'll join in my EG6

MIRA is good, but let me know if you think it can compete with the 500hp hatchbacks. YOu can choose what car you want, but I would recommend the Lancia Delta Evoluzione.

My MIRA beat an R8, by the way.

Even though a MIRA can corner in a quick matter, an R8 with Racing Soft will probably demolish it.

The reason is that car is built to be able to take corners at a speed like that, so the handling is more crisp, and with the extra power. It will win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back