When you go to race online, do your settings get reset? I went and tuned up my car to race it online. Once I got into a race the car was horrible, not sure what happened.
Probably what you were experiencing was the physics difference. Online has different physics than offline. That's why when tuning a car for online use always do it in your own lounge or make an open lobby.
And be aware that there's a difference even between private lounge and open lobby. Tyres warm up at a much slower rate in private lounge than in open lobby hence you have less grip. Try it for yourself.
Oh wow, didn't know that. All the testing I did on my car durign practice to get it setup for online racing is a waste then, wow. Ok, good to know then, thanks.
This is good to know i have only started racing online the past while and have been getting really annoyed with how my cars have been just put it down to me being a mug.
So this means i have to buy a double for all my cars as there is no way to save tune settings.