question about ticket opening and reopening

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAM
  • 11 comments
  • 963 views

CAM

Welcome Home, Deuce.
Premium
Messages
5,818
United States
Pirate Nation
Messages
CAM-33
When you sit here and open a 1000 ticket a billion times over, it doesn't make your ps3 more like to malfunction or YLOD does it?
 
Probably. Going in and out of a game like that isn't what the PS3 was made for.
 
It's not going to kill it. Maybe if you literally do it a billion times it will.
 
Hmm so just doing it occasionally is okay? I don't have $300 lying around, but darn 1.07 restriction is gonna mess my playstation up..
 
Anyone else have any opinions? I'm now doing it slow and waiting 5 minutes between pops, maybe that'll help
 
Erm, I guess you could just accept what you get and move on.

Who knows, maybe you coulda bought the car you were after by now from race winnings.

Someone did once tell me GT5 was a racing game...
 
Be like me:

Open the ticket, first try, and get a Mazda 787B!
 
You can always reflow it with a heat gun and some arctic silver heat transfer fluid. If you bricked it. Thats what I did about 6 mths ago and still going strong.
 
Anyone else have any opinions? I'm now doing it slow and waiting 5 minutes between pops, maybe that'll help

Your over-thinking it. I got YLOD on my first PS3 from normal use way before GT5. My new PS3 has taken way more abuse with this game. I say no one has any control if you get YLOD or not its just too random.
 
Okay, thanks for the opinions! And to whoever got the 787b, I would have definitely stopped :) I'm just not into 20 different miatas..
 
Probably. Going in and out of a game like that isn't what the PS3 was made for.

This reminds me of a friend telling me not to play DVDs on my 1st gen PS2 because that's not was it was made to do. Well, it's still my DVD player, and still going strong.

There's nothing involved in reloading the game that will hurt the machine. Reloading a game is the same, though a bit more resource intensive, as loading a race or track. Copying the save file is the same thing GT5 does every time you hit the save button.

Nope, won't hurt it any more than playing games on it.
 
Thank you there sir :)
 
Back