Question- How to detect cheaters?

• Thread starter CJorex
  • 9 comments
Australia
Melbourne
CJorex
I am planning on creating a racing series which would only allow certain modifications (eg power) while restricting others (gearbox, suspension etc). I was wondering, is there any known way to check if someone is cheating when you have regulations like this?

EDIT: Also, Sorry in advance if I have posted this in the wrong place

Last edited:
I haven't seen anyone say they have restricted it properly tbh, i've just seen them say that gearbox and suspension are allowed instead of the hassle.

But i'm sure there could be a way :)

I have run a few series and don't know of a way to allow power tuning but not fine tuning, (I'm sure you are aware) the room settings only allow for tuning on or off. Only way is a gentleman's agreement, but of course, can't guarantee everyone will keep to this, even if they agree to it :nervous:

Only way is a gentleman's agreement, but of course, can't guarantee everyone will keep to this, even if they agree to it :nervous:
Spot on. 👍

It's easier to spot some differences to the official spec by watching the replays and comparing the cars, for instance go into photo mode and walk along the grid looking at the ride height of the cars. But there is no official way of checking whether or not anyone is using parts that aren't allowed, or tuning something which they aren't supposed to.

You either have to trust people and check the best you can using the replays, or allow full tuning within a specific BHP and weight limit.

And it is recommended to put the lobby private so the cheaters cannot enter. But if you wish to put lobby to public to increase the connection of bandwith, that's ok. It's up to you buddy. ;)

I have run a few series and don't know of a way to allow power tuning but not fine tuning, (I'm sure you are aware) the room settings only allow for tuning on or off. Only way is a gentleman's agreement, but of course, can't guarantee everyone will keep to this, even if they agree to it :nervous:
Power tuning is allowed when tuning is prohibited. So is brake balancing.

Actually you can sometimes tell if people are using illegal performance parts providing you specified a PP that the car must adhere to.
If you say for example 300bhp,450pp,1200kg and only performance parts allowed are racing exhaust and ECU.
If someone also added a high rpm turbo then turned down the power limiter the PP of the car would be slightly higher than if it didn't have the turbo.

For other things like suspension and transmission like others have said the only way is to check the replay for a visual indication.

Having said all that in the WRS events they state in the thread everything can be "verified by replay" or something along those lines. Not sure they are very keen to explain how exactly they do that to us though.

Back