Question regarding the expiration of online services for PS4 (and Switch).PS4 

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 2 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I don't have a Switch, but I had a question on both of these, for if I were to let the respective online service subscriptions lapse:

-If I renew these subscriptions sometime much later, will I be able to re-download any free games I had obtained as part of those services? For example, I was able to obtain WipEout Omega Collection on my PS4 for free, being a PS+ member. If I let the subscription lapse, I'm pretty sure I'll only lose the install data while the save data will be kept, but if I renew my PS+ membership much later, will I be able to just re-download this game for free?

-How does the above scenario apply to Switch games obtained as part of that respective online service? Such as various NES/SNES games?

Can't speak about the Switch, but any free games obtained via PS Plus is yours whenever the subscription is active.

I just signed up for NSO, and I can attest that the NES and SNES apps very blatantly phone home when you boot them. "Checking whether this software can be played..."

Latest Posts

Back