Question to PS4 Pro owners - reflections in standing waterPS4 

• Thread starter zebik
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
Swindon
zebik
Playing PC2 on my PS4 I noticed when there is standing water on the track the reflections are badly drawn in the puddles - flickering, being redrawn, no reflections and suddenly reflections appear when car is close to it etc. All it looks quite odd, of course it isn't a game breaker but can be little be annoying and distracting too. I wonder what it looks when played on PS4 Pro. Still can't find justify replacing my PS4 for PS4 Pro :) Thanks for help

Playing PC2 on my PS4 I noticed when there is standing water on the track the reflections are badly drawn in the puddles - flickering, being redrawn, no reflections and suddenly reflections appear when car is close to it etc. All it looks quite odd, of course it isn't a game breaker but can be little be annoying and distracting too. I wonder what it looks when played on PS4 Pro. Still can't find justify replacing my PS4 for PS4 Pro :) Thanks for help
No difference at all the PS4 Pro version identical and looks every bit as bad as the standard version.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ing-for-1080p-screen-users-on-ps4-pro.359374/

I've been looking for a good reason to get the Pro with me having a 4k TV but I just can't justify the upgrade either. This is also not the greatest game in terms of graphics anyway. It's solid but no wow factor anywhere in this game as compared to others like FM7 or GT Sport.

I've been looking for a good reason to get the Pro with me having a 4k TV but I just can't justify the upgrade either. This is also not the greatest game in terms of graphics anyway. It's solid but no wow factor anywhere in this game as compared to others like FM7 or GT Sport.

Reviews are saying the advantage of the Pro is it provides a solid, consistent 60 frames per second at 1440p (upscaled to 2160p). I haven't measured this, but it looks great

It is certainly a huge step up for me from GT6/PS3, and a noticeable improvement over another racing game on Xbox One

Another consideration might be if you are thinking of going for PSVR

I'm on the same boat although I think I'll bite the bullet at some point...

Another consideration might be if you are thinking of going for PSVR

As far as I know SMS stated that there won't be PSVR support.

It is certainly a huge step up for me from GT6/PS3, and a noticeable improvement over another racing game on Xbox One

If I only had a PS3 then sure I'd just get a Pro instead of the regular PS4 but since I already have a PS4 it makes it a little more difficult to trade up for the Pro and find I got my money's worth.

As far as I know SMS stated that there won't be PSVR support.

I have not seen a definitive statement on that. I thought it was yet to be determined, but I could have missed it.

My point about PSVR was not limited to PCars2, rather if you were considering VR for any PS4 games. Such as Gran Turismo Sport, as an example

I have not seen a definitive statement on that. I thought it was yet to be determined, but I could have missed it.

My point about PSVR was not limited to PCars2, rather if you were considering VR for any PS4 games. Such as Gran Turismo Sport, as an example
Can't find it now but I swear I've read somewhere (I think in here), a clear statement saying that PSVR support is not within their plans.

If I only had a PS3 then sure I'd just get a Pro instead of the regular PS4 but since I already have a PS4 it makes it a little more difficult to trade up for the Pro and find I got my money's worth.
Its a big step up especially newer games and those that got a pro patch. Sadly if its just for PCars 2 then id say stay away.

Back