Question...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maklov
  • 28 comments
  • 969 views
Messages
34
I was wondering... is the R-34 skyline out of production now? Cuz I heard and I was not sure about it..
 
Yes, it's out of production.

New GTR scheduled for 2007...?



-Mark
 
Is it the R-35 or something, cuz i heard a rumour from a recent car mag that r-34 is out of production so they might make a r-35 with a V-8 or smth...
 
Logically, It would be the R-35. Don't know anout the V8.
 
The V8 was rumored, but it will most likely have a V6
 
If they did in fact fit a turbo to the rumoured V8, would it be overkill or a awesome inclusion to the powerful V8
 
pimp racer
V6? Why not inline 6?
Some BS about emissions or soemthing like that, I never understood how a I6 can pollute more than a V6 but whatever....
 
skylineGTR_guy
Some BS about emissions or soemthing like that, I never understood how a I6 can pollute more than a V6 but whatever....
Yeah but why do they allow the IS300 to have inline 6 and wont let the new skyline? Thats gay stupid law people.
 
pimp racer
Yeah but why do they allow the IS300 to have inline 6 and wont let the new skyline? Thats gay stupid law people.
Well the IS300 doesn't have a 480 ps TT engine either as the proposed GTR is supposed to have.....
 
A V6 allows you to have a shorter engine that they can put closer to the cars center to balance out the weight. Plus most people (A more of a world market, People with a mid life crisis with money) like the idea of a V6 over a IL6.
 
skylineGTR_guy
Well the IS300 doesn't have a 480 ps TT engine either as the proposed GTR is supposed to have.....
Yeah thats right forgot about that.
 
Yes the M3 is a IL6
 
Option Magazine is making their own GT-R, based on the V35/ G35 platform. It has a VK45DD engine, a V8, pushing 700HP. Maybe that's where the V8 rumor came from.
 
Takumi Fujiwara
Option Magazine is making their own GT-R, based on the V35/ G35 platform. It has a VK45DD engine, a V8, pushing 700HP. Maybe that's where the V8 rumor came from.
Damn 700Hp nice!
 
Takumi Fujiwara
Option Magazine is making their own GT-R, based on the V35/ G35 platform. It has a VK45DD engine, a V8, pushing 700HP. Maybe that's where the V8 rumor came from.

The V8 rumour has been around for a long time.
 
Takumi Fujiwara
Option Magazine is making their own GT-R, based on the V35/ G35 platform. It has a VK45DD engine, a V8, pushing 700HP. Maybe that's where the V8 rumor came from.
dont u mean top secret? i fort nagata was doin that? or maybe its both =D or are option magazine linked with top secret?
http://www.topsecretjpn.com/news/newgtr.htm
 
Inline sixes sound better 90% of the time (Skylines and BMW's namely).
 
tsun
dont u mean top secret? i fort nagata was doin that? or maybe its both =D or are option magazine linked with top secret?
http://www.topsecretjpn.com/news/newgtr.htm

I guess it was Top Secret. I've just been seeing it in the past few issues of option and thought it was one of their projects. That's certainly the car, though. and I guess it's 800HP, not 700. I can't read enough Japanese to really figure out what's going on in the magazine. (I can only make out a few things like "Silvia" or "Altezza")
 
The rumor about the Skyline GT-R with the V8 is the same as the Honda NSX. Just like the NSX there has been rumor of a V8 but most likely both NSX and GT-R will have a V6.
 
pimp racer
I wonder if anyone has tried an inline 8? probably

Yes Buick made a straight 8
 
pimp racer
What model?
1939buickroadmaster.jpg
This is one example
1939buickroadmastereng.jpg


on the engine pic the last spark plug is hidden by the horn.
 
You were probably expecting something new and fancy :lol:
 
Back