Questionning about Team Been Created

• Thread starter DWorks
  • 31 comments
Canada
Montreal
DWorks-
Do you think there's too much random team been created without any signification Or Wants to do as an other team (That had just been created) , to try to keep up or I don't know...!
Maybe a better question would be ones motivation, inspiration, and reasons behind starting a team.
Tell Me your thoughts in the comments please!

Last edited:
So you want people to stop trying to make a name for themselves, build up a team from the ground up and earn respect from the community and instead join one of the existing team that started the exact same way?

Don't be so closed minded. Yes, quite a few teams lately have been made with no real vision, objective or drive but that doesn't mean people should stop.

Heck I've seen a few teams and guilds from all sorts of different worlds start under these circumstances and have ended up being amongst the top teams..

Im with Dworks on this. Dont get it twisted though, aint nothing wrong starting a new team but... Please stay unique and give it your all.

The names that people sometimes give there teams are killing me though.

Im with Dworks on this. Dont get it twisted though, aint nothing wrong starting a new team but... Please stay unique and give it your all.

The names that people sometimes give there teams are killing me though.

True guys, & Don't get twist as Justdrift said.

So you want people to stop trying to make a name for themselves, build up a team from the ground up and earn respect from the community and instead join one of the existing team that started the exact same way?

Don't be so closed minded. Yes, quite a few teams lately have been made with no real vision, objective or drive but that doesn't mean people should stop.

Heck I've seen a few teams and guilds from all sorts of different worlds start under these circumstances and have ended up being amongst the top teams..

No , its good to start a team! But be Original! Don't do team to be as others!
Do it for you! Your own personalities reflection!

PS. Mybad for double post *

No , its good to start a team! But be Original! Don't do team to be as others!
Do it for you! Your own personalities reflection!

I don't understand, what constitutes 'being original'? How do you tell if a team isn't for them? that it doesn't reflect them personally?

Though empty and lazy OPs aren't exactly awe inspiring.. they may not reflect everything about the team.

I don't understand, what constitutes 'being original'? How do you tell if a team isn't for them? that it doesn't reflect them personally?

Though empty and lazy OPs aren't exactly awe inspiring.. they may not reflect everything about the team.

I know what you're trying to say , but a lot of people do team to be as others, try to do as! But its not the point to do a team . I've created a team to be with the ones I like and to have fun! Competing is secondly!

I know what you're trying to say , but a lot of people do team to be as others, try to do as! But its not the point to do a team . I've created a team to be with the ones I like and to have fun! Competing is secondly!

Where are you seeing teams like this? all I've come across lately is just people who aren't terribly experienced at running a team wanting to bring life to a small tight knit community of friends that all enjoy drifting and enjoy each others company.

IMO.... What effect does all these random teams have on you? I'd bet none. Therefore I'd encourage people to make teams even if they end up dropping the idea a week later. If we don't encourage people to make teams and get excited about GT5 we could miss out on the next greatest team/driver etc....

IMO.... What effect does all these random teams have on you? I'd bet none. Therefore I'd encourage people to make teams even if they end up dropping the idea a week later. If we don't encourage people to make teams and get excited about GT5 we could miss out on the next greatest team/driver etc....

This is pretty much what I'm getting at.

IMO, this is kind of a joke.. Within the first stage of having a team thread it is daunting. Comparing it with for example 'Team RedSuns'. It's of exceptional quality, and whilst new teams are undergoing the process of learning how you can implement such devices. It will be visible that its poorly made, i'm a culprit my team thread looked like a turd in its first stage but after a week or so it picked up. I mean, its still not up to scratch, but it is something. These new teams will either make it or break it, i'll give it a week or two. But as soon as these teams are created don't go scrutinizing them within the first hour at elitist expectations. That's all im saying. Also this is mostly just an assumption.

I see what yall are getting at.

Dworks is kinda right, don't start a team just because others did it, do it for yourself. Show people what you are made of.

I also see how a team could be a reflection of self as a team leader will most likely recruit people that he gets along with and construct the team just as he wants it to be.
Combining that refection of self theory with how the leader presents the team, you will most likely see if running a team is for them and how much originality is flowing through there body.

Cant say others are completely wrong as you wont know if running a team is right until you try. Even if they drop the team in a week I guess they have learned something right ?

Maybe a better question would be ones motivation, inspiration, and reasons behind starting a team.

Last edited:
Slick: ''Maybe a better question would be ones motivation, inspiration, and reasons behind starting a team.'' That's what i'm Trying to say to all! Take that point !!

Hahaha I think we are on the same page, Im just a bit better at wording it.

well i say lets just give them a chance , for example , look at MCR; they started from a scratch , all new drivers , now they have many good drivers and they are getting very good , i dont mind seeying these new teams, i like seeying new people around , aotherwise it will get boring at some point...

Not saying its not good behind creating a new team and getting new people around.
There's some that just don't know what it is! Dedication & MORE!

Last edited:
The more teams created without understanding, skill, time, or dedication, the more it diminishes the integrity of long standing teams that command respect.

The more teams there are like Team Simpson Drifter, the less possible it is to establish respect for something like Team Empire.

The more teams created without understanding, skill, time, or dedication, the more it diminishes the integrity of long standing teams that command respect.

The more teams there are like Team Simpson Drifter, the less possible it is to establish respect for something like Team Empire.

don't undertand that point do , explain more .

I'm all for people making teams if it is a good decision. I've seen countless people who are new to drifting who want to be the next Tsuchiya so they make a team. This is very wrong and subsequently nothing happens with the team. I feel however that new teams being made is important. If you look back to November of 2010 when the game first came out, September 2011 when I first got into drifting or even just 6 months ago you will see that people come and go all the time. The group that was drifting in game since day 1 is not like what that group is today which is why creation of new groups occurs.

In simple terms, no, there aren't many random teams being made (anymore at least) because GT5 is old and there are less people on it. However, this leaves those properly dedicated to the game to create meaningful teams. A good example is team Driftworks. D1NZ use to be big but folded after only a fraction of the team were active (Slider47, HlGH_PSI, Coza427 etc.) so they made a new team.

Thanks for that Ghost 👍

I think very low of most teams. The concept behind Team Empire is scary. Thank me only if you're going to do with it what I think you are.

don't undertand that point do , explain more .

Its about barriers of entry.

Most drift rooms are filled with bad drifters because it takes no effort to join and start driving. But if you set regulations to the room, for example, Comfort Hard tires, it creates a barrier to people who prefer and use other tires. That barrier means that those who do join are more specialized and those who are more skilled are able to drift with more success.

The same thing happens with teams. It is difficult to join a small number of teams and be successful, but those teams are filled with cooperating, skilled drifters. But if a large number of small, new teams who are not as skilled show up, and they persist, the barriers of entry for teams drop. As those barriers drop, it becomes more difficult for dedicated, skilled drifters to achieve success.

It goes both ways though. If it becomes too hard to enter the team scene, then new drifters will not rise. Right now, for this community, we are operating with lower barriers of entry than necessary, though.

It's all in the pursuit of better drifting, and the creation of memorable experiences.

The same thing happens with teams. It is difficult to join a small number of teams and be successful, but those teams are filled with cooperating, skilled drifters. But if a large number of small, new teams who are not as skilled show up, and they persist, the barriers of entry for teams drop. As those barriers drop, it becomes more difficult for dedicated, skilled drifters to achieve success.

Ghost, you're talking sideways again...

You have to have the bad to have the good, you can't be rich if there wasn't such a thing as poor, you can't be a succesful and respected team without there being less succesful and less respected teams.

Us D-Max guys have been here since the very start of GT5, if there's a few new teams every week that doesn't change that fact.

I'm all in support of new teams as long as they put the effort in and don't claim to be the best thing since rear-wheel drive.

It's healthy for GT and its drift community, amazing to have such user support after 2 + 1/4 years!

i agree with dworks,in my opinion there is too much teams created everyday based on just a short thought of making one..like,i think most of the newer teams have no idea what it takes to keep the team alive for even a month..

+ I find things like team simpson drifter rather entertaining than annoying.
this 👍

Ghost, you're talking sideways again...

You have to have the bad to have the good, you can't be rich if there wasn't such a thing as poor, you can't be a succesful and respected team without there being less succesful and less respected teams.

Us D-Max guys have been here since the very start of GT5, if there's a few new teams every week that doesn't change that fact.

I'm all in support of new teams as long as they put the effort in and don't claim to be the best thing since rear-wheel drive.

It's healthy for GT and its drift community, amazing to have such user support after 2 + 1/4 years!

Re-read my post.

It's not about how many successful vs unsuccessful teams there are, its about how easy it is to become an unsuccessful team. It has nothing to do with creating a thread or recruiting people as it does to the general way people think about drift teams. If you'll read what I said again, you do seem agree with me. Putting in effort to a team (a high barrier of entry) is good. Creating a team with little effort, skill, or time (a low barrier of entry) is bad.

I never said there shouldn't be unskilled drift teams. That would be stupid to believe, yet I'm surprised that is what you got out of my post, but I suppose I could understand you thinking that if you glazed through it or didn't really read it.

Back