Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
You also need cover 24/7, and most of the active mods at that time were in the US, so there were gaps in coverage. I don't think it was coincidence that the next 4 mods (TM, Scaff, Famine and myself) are all Brits.

Yep, we watch the place while Jordan and the mods across the pond get some sleep, it is however quite frightening how often we are all around.

I often do a mental correction of the time and some of us are active at some bloody silly times of the day (and night), but then again I don't sleep that much anyway.

👍

Scaff

So 11 mods were pushing the building around and Swift was holding the lamp with his bum ?? :ouch:

No, I'm afraid Swift was still trying to perfect the donut trick when this happened, but the less said about that, the better :scared:

M

No, I'm afraid Swift was still trying to perfect the donut trick when this happened, but the less said about that, the better :scared:

M

Oh....

Now you just have to bring up OLD stuff. I thought we were past that in our relationship M? But now I see where I stand with you guys....:sly:

So who is the newest mod? Whos the most likely candidate for the next mod position? (Not me thats for sure...:D)

You mods have to tell and explain more about the good stuff. It's making me curious.

Do you have to be a premium member before you can become a mod or admin??????

So you guys have to stay up late every evening untill everybody has gone to bed????

Has there ever been a female mod???

Mods and Admins can delete just about anyone they can right? So if that is possible is it actually possible to accidently ban Jordan himself? I mean, wouldn't it be quite funny if one of the mods admins accidently banned him as a user? If that is even possible of course. Another question, have any Mods/Admins ever ban someone completely by accident in the history of GTP and if the unfortunate event of that happening can you unban someone who was accidently banned indefinately?

So who is the newest mod?

I believe Scaff and I are the newest Supermoderators, but MisterWeary is the most recent Moderator, having taken over the WRS stewardship.

Well, Famine is a fat, hockey-playing lesbian, if I recall correctly; so that implies the fairer sex.

[Crushinator]
Yoo. Hoo.
[/Crushinator]

No.

NO! In fact, none of us were Premium members before becoming mods. Jordan awarded us all the Premium benefits as a 'thank you' for our efforts. Some of us elected to pay for Premium subscription anyway.
So you guys have to stay up late every evening untill everybody has gone to bed????
Well, that's why we try to have global coverage on the Mod Squad - so that someone is always on as much as possible.
Has there ever been a female mod???
Other than Famine's alter ego, NO, as far as I know. I've met DA and Swift in person, talked to ///M-Spec on the phone, and heard Jordan's podcast interview, so I'll vouch for their masculinity.
Another question, have any Mods/Admins ever ban someone completely by accident in the history of GTP and if the unfortunate event of that happening can you unban someone who was accidently banned indefinately?
Smods/Mods can ban, but only Admins can unban or delete users. People have occasionally been banned by accident but it is extremely rare, and the new infraction system makes it pretty much a non-issue. It's more often that innocent users are banned as collateral damage in an IP ban, but that's rare too and we're careful how we ban IPs to minimize that.

Nope.

Premium members are (have) more than likely to be chosen because they usually very good members. In fact, as far as I know, only one has been pernamentely banned, and one recently temporarily. This doesn't mean that anyone else non-premium isn't a good member, though. ;) A few have been chosen before when they haven't payed a Premium subscription, like Scaff.

Well dip me in dog doo, you two were just TREED. :D
Actually, Famine cheated - My post was made before he edited the last line into his post. However, it keeps the original post time, so it looks like he beat me by a minute.

I'd just like to chip in here and say that the Mods here are the best bunch of loonies I "know". :D

And who gave Dunc "Rameses My Thribble [whatever...]"? :lol:

NO! In fact, none of us were Premium members before becoming mods.
I was. I paid for a years Premium and then didn't get the use of it. If I'd know I was going to get a made a mod, I wouldn't have bothered. Didn't even get a refund or anything... :dopey:

Mods and Admins can delete just about anyone they can right? So if that is possible is it actually possible to accidently ban Jordan himself? I mean, wouldn't it be quite funny if one of the mods admins accidently banned him as a user?
That actually couldn't happen because my account cannot be edited by any other user, including other administrators. Even if they did, I have direct access to the database and could edit the account information accordingly. Of course, in that situation, I'd probably be making a few other edits as well... :grumpy: ;)

M
That's because he kept breaking them.

After all, he's the token black guy on the staff. :D

As for Swift, I didn't realize you'd actually met up with Duke. Did he cook you dinner like he did for me? :bats eyes:

And as a further note, I think I've bought more Premium memberships than anyone else. Just wait till christmas day :D

Back