Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
...Jordan has chosen a team that shares similar goals and ideals for GTP.

Ok, my turn to get curious. How many mods are there, and does Jordan have a perfect track records (ie: has anyone been de-modded)?

Have you guys had any donuts recently?

You know, I was expecting you to come post that in here. :grumpy:

Bolt.sml.gif

Ok, my turn to get curious. How many mods are there, and does Jordan have a perfect track records (ie: has anyone been de-modded)?

26 - including Jordan, Duke, Der Alta (Admins) and MisterWeary and IŒman (normal Moderators, with control over the WRS and TT forums respectively).

A couple of staff have been demodded to my knowledge, as they ran out of time to be here. I don't recall if anyone's been "disciplined".

I don't know but it took 12 of us to screw in a light bulb at the last Christmas party. Swift, how's them burns coming along? Can you sit down much yet?

M

I don't know but it took 12 of us to screw in a light bulb at the last Christmas party. Swift, how's them burns coming along? Can you sit down much yet?
M
So 11 mods were pushing the building around and Swift was holding the lamp with his bum ?? :ouch:

AMG.

26 - including Jordan, Duke, Der Alta (Admins) and MisterWeary and IŒman (normal Moderators, with control over the WRS and TT forums respectively).

A couple of staff have been demodded to my knowledge, as they ran out of time to be here. I don't recall if anyone's been "disciplined".
Out of those 26, a fair number (about half) are no longer actively moderating. The moderator names assigned to each forum have not been updated recently and do not reflect the current staff. Most have voluntarily surrendered their mod powers when it became clear they would not have time to use them regularly. Jordan is reluctant to demote anyone for simply being busy elsewhere, and even those who have voluntarily surrendered their powers retain access to the mods board, for communication.

One moderator was disciplined in conjunction with the April Fools fiasco from several years ago, but that's the only instance in my knowledge. We don't expect that issue to arise again.

Wasn't there also that BMW POWER (?) mod from a long time ago who went on a rampage deleting his and other's posts?

Not that I know of.

There was a moderator account (Jon i think) that someone managed to access (was given access?) to, and start deleting posts and members. The Mod and user were both banned.

I vaguely recall the BMW POWER situation, but it was before my time on staff, which means it was 4 years ago or so.

Jon was the moderator who was banned in conjunction with the April Fools incident.

Ohhh..so did DA become an admin before you then.
No, Der Alta and I were promoted to Admin at exactly the same time, February 2005. That was 2 years to the day after I was made a mod/supermod (Feb 2003), which was about 10 months after I joined (April 2002). Sage was made a mod/supermod about a week before I was. I'm not sure when DA originally joined the staff, but it was right about that same time frame, within a week or two one way or t'other.

Wow, the promotion of two admins at one time. They say it only happens when the planets are aligned right when the Haley Comet is passing by...or something like that.

Ciao!

yes, there was a mod that was banned a long time ago, for the reasons posted above. He took it upon himself to clean out some posters and posts that were not agreeable with him.

There was a good amount of fallout from that, and Jordan has been very selective with who gets the nod since then.

I was nodded after Duke, to become a Mod. Can't recall the exact dates though.

I was nodded after Duke, to become a Mod. Can't recall the exact dates though.
I got my nod on 13 February 2003 - I still have the PM from Jordan. Sage got his about a week before that, and DA got his within the week following it.

I guess so...

What is the difference between an administrator and a moderator??

And what does IMO mean??

1. Admins have more powah!

2. "IMO" means "In My Opinion" *EDIT* Tree'd by Teh Ozz.

From,
Chris.

What is the difference between an administrator and a moderator??[/SIZE]
Admins can create new/delete sub boards and modify the forum tree; we can promote/demote moderators, and a few other items related to custom user abilities. I will note that DA and I are really just admins to help Jordan out with the heavy lifting and day to day stuff - the overall direction and organization of the site is 100% Jordan.

ЯebЯum!;2517100
I have a question too. How often are new mods promoted? Or does it work on a need to mod basis?

New mods are created whenever there is a gap. When I was made mod, it was because the GT4 forum needed modding, and me and TM were made moderators of that one forum (GT4 forum and sub-forums were the only places we could mod), and then becoming super mods later on (super mods can mod in any forum).

You also need cover 24/7, and most of the active mods at that time were in the US, so there were gaps in coverage. I don't think it was coincidence that the next 4 mods (TM, Scaff, Famine and myself) are all Brits.

Back