Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
My people will get with your people on that one ;).

And I've always wanted to see a screenshot of the Forum Index from a moderators view, just to get a tiny glimpse at the doors to the Twilight Zone :D.

MachỎne;2521071
And I've always wanted to see a screenshot of the Forum Index from a moderators view, just to get a tiny glimpse at the doors to the Twilight Zone :D.
If you were a member over a year and a half ago, then you would have seen more than just the doors. Apparently Jordan clicked a wrong button somewhere and everyone could see the forum. I didn't take much notice of it, as I was only a few GTP months old then, but I remember there was a thread created where everyone was posting they could see in there. :D

Is that thread still there, by any chance?

do you do this for free or do you get paid?
We do it out of civic duty to Jordan. He's highly connected in government places and knows lots of stuff that we shouldn't know.

In all seriousness, we do it for free, with exceptional benefits. We all have premium, and access to the inner workings of GTP. Plus my doctor recommends "A banning a day, keeps the nasties away."

We do it to make GTP a better place, and the response of the members is what keeps us from going nuts and banning people left and right.

With such a large moderation staff does Jordan do much work on GTP these days, or is he taking care of his real life? I don’t see him post so much, so I figure he’s doing a lot of behind the scenes work or he’s not got so much free time these days…
He still works on GTP a lot, but mostly the back-end stuff – making sure the server runs smoothly, taking care of problems noted in the Site Feedback forum, testing out new features, (always) working on the next redesign, etc. He still does some normal moderating though, and he’s on the forum almost every day. But as you’ve conjectured, he has a pretty busy real life.

I think Sage is the youngest. He's been a mod for about 14 years, and he's only 12!
:lol:

Actually, I’d be the youngest active mod – Matt is about a week younger than I am.

do you do this for free or do you get paid?
It’s an honor to be a mod (sounds corny, but seriously!) – if anything, I still feel like I owe a debt to Jordan for how much GTP has enriched my life.

I'll always remember Sage as "Mr. Rounded Edges" or "The Perfectionist".

I mean, every picture the guy has contains rounded edges :lol:.

Speaking of shadows, methinks Mr. Penguin could use a floor shadow. ;) (Yes, it’s been bothering me. Some say I have OCD. I say they could be right.)

Speaking of shadows, methinks Mr. Penguin could use a floor shadow. ;) (Yes, it’s been bothering me. Some say I have OCD. I say they could be right.)

Wow Sage, you have no eye for detail. ;) The light source is coming from the top right (check the shadow under the nose), not the top left. Jeez. :P

Do you guys wear a "I am a super mod" T-shirt when you're online banning members??? :D
No, although I do drink coffee from my GTP mug whilst conducting any morning bannings.

And I do have numerous pieces of GTP clothing. My wife even has one for special occasions.

So whatever happened to AltF8? He was an admin and just became inactive? What's his story?

Back in August of '05 like 4-5 mods, and AltF8(admin) got "demoted" to Senior Members due to inactivity. If they ever choose to come back and become active and moderate they'll be mods/admin again, though. It's just an unecessary security risk to leave their accounts with mod/admin abailities if they're never here to use them.

I'm sure he just had other things going on in life. That's why I'm hardly ever around anymore - although I poke my head in from time to time for short periods.

ЯebЯum!;2522993
he probably went back home to Scotland for the holidays. Probably no internet connection there.

I refuse to raise to the bait so blatently left there...

Our internet functions perfectly fine. You just need to renew the tins every couple of months, amd make sure the string is tight.

Back