Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
bassoff1tk3.jpg
If it's not Blu-Ray or HD-DVD with DTS 7.1, I don't even want to look at it.

DVD's are so 2005.

Well, you've said it yourself. We are "super".

But anyway, do you wish to be moderated?
If it's a positive thing, then yep, I do but if it's a negative thing, no thank you.

I don't even know what it means, to be moderated!!

The only question I have is, when you guys edit a post removing unwanted text or an image that doesn't follow the AUP, do the other moderators get to see what was originally posted after the post was edited? or is it gone for good?

Also, after the moderator left the message "Removed by moderator", can the OP edit that part an erase it?

OK maybe there were 2 questions...
getmecoat.gif

Ciao!

Out of those 26, a fair number (about half) are no longer actively moderating. The moderator names assigned to each forum have not been updated recently and do not reflect the current staff. Most have voluntarily surrendered their mod powers when it became clear they would not have time to use them regularly. Jordan is reluctant to demote anyone for simply being busy elsewhere, and even those who have voluntarily surrendered their powers retain access to the mods board, for communication.

I'm one of the one's who's fairly busy in life now-a-days and doesn't have hardly any free time to get online anymore. I still try to stop in here whenever possible to see how things are going. If I could be active and moderate like I used to way back in the day I would absolutely love it.:(

Growing up sucks.

Oh dear, Butters is so you! :lol: Except he’s not Asian… :crazy:
Yeah, make me the naive character – bah! :P

The only question I have is, when you guys edit a post removing unwanted text or an image that doesn't follow the AUP, do the other moderators get to see what was originally posted after the post was edited? or is it gone for good?

Also, after the moderator left the message "Removed by moderator", can the OP edit that part an erase it?
When a moderator edits another user’s post, it’s exactly as if that user had edited the post him or herself, except that if the moderator does not fill out the “Reason for editing” field, then the “Edited by…” text won’t show up. That’s the one and only difference though.

So in answer to your first question, no, the other mods can’t see what was originally there – if it’s a minor thing that doesn’t even warrant an infraction (which is what happens most of the time), then no biggie, but if it’s something major, then the moderator will copy-paste the original text into a report in the Moddy Forum before performing the edit.

One note on that latter part: We don’t do that very often, because usually if a member’s post is so rubbish that it would need an edit and an infraction, we tend to just delete it, which is far more convenient, because all of the original text stays intact (we can look at deleted posts).

And in answer to your second question, yes, the OP can still edit their post however they like. Our edits aren’t permanent or anything – like I said, they’re exactly like any normal edit.

Looks like mods have more work on this forum then I originally thought.
I thought you guys were you just participating like normal members ,*leave out the super*, and just kept an eye on things. đź’ˇ

I'm one of the one's who's fairly busy in life now-a-days and doesn't have hardly any free time to get online anymore. I still try to stop in here whenever possible to see how things are going. If I could be active and moderate like I used to way back in the day I would absolutely love it.:(

Growing up sucks.
\

that's so sad...:(

So it is possible to stay a mod eventhough you're not online every day?????
Yep. We're not expected to be on 24/7. We have real lives too, (well, some of us do...) and there are enough of us that we've always got cover.

Yes. Its even happened that Jordan has taken a vacation and not been on GTP for an entire week. :ill:

Lol, and as soon as he did GTP fell into anarchy!

With such a large moderation staff does Jordan do much work on GTP these days, or is he taking care of his real life? I don’t see him post so much, so I figure he’s doing a lot of behind the scenes work or he’s not got so much free time these days…

I suppose it's easier since you have Mods from all over the world, there'll always be someone available to take out the proverbial trash.

MachỎne;2520998
They all sit in a sweatshop behind their monitors working for 5 yen (0.0420681 USD) an hour.
Oooh! A raise! If you pay me that, I'll mod for you....

So long Jordan, but that's better conditions than I'm getting just now.

Although, hang on, MachỎne, what would my holiday entitlement be?

Latest Posts

Back