Quick but subtle cars.

  • Thread starter Thread starter vr46
  • 43 comments
  • 6,034 views
Messages
68
Messages
Panda-Pop-118
I love racing online and trying to use cars which don't look so fast but are, for example the nsx lm race car road version in black, I can keep up with a bad driver in a super gt car, its great fun hassling them in a car that just looks like a wide body nsx :)

What are your favourite cars like this?
 
In a 550hp 4 and 5-door cars only race, someone in an Audi wagon smoked my C63 AMG around de la Sarthe 2009. It was pretty awesome.
 
In a 550hp 4 and 5-door cars only race, someone in an Audi wagon smoked my C63 AMG around de la Sarthe 2009. It was pretty awesome.

haha sounds like a goodun, I wish you could paint rally cars black....they would be sweet...
 
I can use my stock 330 P4 and keep up with a Super GT R35.
 
I have a very nasty 98' Audi S4 that can compete with Lambo's, Ferrari's, and many other much faster cars. :D always great to pass a ferrari california with a green 4 door 98 audi on Nurburgring. :)
 
It may not be as good (or as subtle) as some of these, but the 300(ish) horsepower Apex MR2 surprised me very much. Not the best in a straight line, but it sticks in corners like a monster.
 
All pretty good, but the ferrari definitely isn't a subtle car :P haha. Audi rs6 looks like a car i might have to get my hands on!
 
Gotta be the RS6,More power than a 458 italia without showing off :P
 
My RS6 has about 920HP and it's as fast as a bullet =D!!
 
Hi there,
I like to drive around in the Mercedes SL 500. Sounds great (V8 is the best) an it´s not hysterical, just absorbing the horizon :-D
 
Not the first time i promote it, but the Stagea 260rs autechversion is just amazing.
It's not spectacular to look at at all, pretty big and boring, but the specs are impressive, and it does the ring in under 7 mins without much effort. Gotta love it.
 
I guess cars like the Lotus Carlton or the Tom's Chaser fall into this category?
 
Not the first time i promote it, but the Stagea 260rs autechversion is just amazing.
It's not spectacular to look at at all, pretty big and boring, but the specs are impressive, and it does the ring in under 7 mins without much effort. Gotta love it.

What are the specs on this car?
 
I guess cars like the Lotus Carlton or the Tom's Chaser fall into this category?

Yeah I haven't got a carlton, but I know they're reasonably fast.

We need an escort cosworth!
 
The Volkswagen Golf IV R32 '03 Tuned with Soft tires is as fast (if not faster on tight tracks rather than long straights) then most Ferrari's and Lambo's. Say its on par with the Touring Cars just a little slower perhaps but very fun.
 
Lexus LFA... Mercedes-Benz SLS... McLaren MP4-12C... Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4... Ferrari 458 Italia

All those Entry Level supercars are amazing... :drool:

For me the LFA beats them all with looks, sound and rev counter...
 
I have a Carlton, it's got around 700 BHP
 
Lexus LFA... Mercedes-Benz SLS... McLaren MP4-12C... Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4... Ferrari 458 Italia

I mistakenly thought this was a thread about subtle cars that are much quicker than they look :dopey:
 
I mistakenly thought this was a thread about subtle cars that are much quicker than they look :dopey:

Well in that case - Mitsubishi I-Miev tuned up... Really nice car, although I thought it's going to roll over in corners :scared:
 
i enjoy tuning trucks they can be incredibly quick
 
Two cars I've gotten a "what the hell are those" out of other players as they're behind me, or, I'm making a good game of it.

Peugot 206 (from the used car dealer)

Renault Clio '00 (new car)

The Clio is a total sleeper car in this game. It looks like a hatchback, but is actually a MR drivetrain, with a decent power to weight ratio. You'll irritate some people driving race cars with a fully modified Clio. ;)
 
Two cars I've gotten a "what the hell are those" out of other players as they're behind me, or, I'm making a good game of it.

Peugot 206 (from the used car dealer)

Renault Clio '00 (new car)

The Clio is a total sleeper car in this game. It looks like a hatchback, but is actually a MR drivetrain, with a decent power to weight ratio. You'll irritate some people driving race cars with a fully modified Clio. ;)

Might give the clio a go! sounds like a quality stealth car!
 
Might give the clio a go! sounds like a quality stealth car!

in prolouge the GT tuned version clio was always winning races that were against things like the r8, ferrari f430s and the other GT tuned cars that had the same amount of tuner points.
 
Lexus LFA... Mercedes-Benz SLS... McLaren MP4-12C... Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4... Ferrari 458 Italia

All those Entry Level supercars are amazing... :drool:

For me the LFA beats them all with looks, sound and rev counter...

You're kidding, right? Do you know what the word subtle means?

EDIT: Just noticed your previous epiphany, my bad.
 
Last edited:
clio V6 is good but not realy a sleeper !!
 
What are the specs on this car?

582 BHP and it weighs in at 1400 kg. Come to think about it, it is not exactly mindblowing, but since the car happens to drive as good as it does, i would still recommend it. 👍
 
clio V6 is good but not realy a sleeper !!

Completely agree - the rear wing (if you add it) looks like a clown shoe stuck on the back of the car.

Still absolutely love the car though - I have mine fully tuned, turning out more than 400 bhp and I can keep up with most supercars. The driving dynamics are pretty great too: the back end kicks out real nice but still remains compliant.
 
i have a 700hp rs6 which looks stock apart from the bbs-rs wheels. when i took it online in my friend's lounge, most of my mate had no idea how powerful it is, even when completely stock :sly:

i also have a mitsubishi legnum that can eat RM'ed civic :p
 
Back