Quick-Match concept

• Thread starter raweer
  • 298 comments
My experience so far:

Most matches get stuck in the "Please wait for other players to load." screen and like to sit there for quite some time and then "Entry fail." and then DC.

When a match does break out, I notice a lot of loading and reloading of room at the race lobby (?) screen.

The races are about half demolition derbies; the other half are good races to very nice races. So it's not all bad.

Let's see where this technology goes. There seems to be a great deal of potential here, but PD usually finds a way to omit many nice ideas for the sake of omitting nice ideas and things like this never come to fruition.

Anybody else have audio problems with quick match. I tried a 500pp race at Grand Valley East. I had sound during the warm up, but when the race started I had no audio. I kept making small mistakes because I really had to watch the gauges to know when to shift. I know the sound in GT6 is not very good, but it really sucks when you take it away. Then when the race was over it went to a black screen for several seconds. When it came back to the regular screen and the countdown to the next race started I lost connection and was kicked out.

In concept, I really like quick match, and I will give it another try later.

Can someone explain to me how this quick match works? do you have any control on where you'll end up? or how does the game pick the "right" lobby for you? I looked at the quick match page and I couldn't see a way to set some preferences or something like how much pp/hp/kg.

I thought it would be something where you can pick options like "monotype", and other stuff and they'll send you where there's a lobby with that but I'm lost in that menu.

My concept to improve Quick Match would be to have 4 events at a time: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert.

• Beginner would have all aids available and open tire selection.
  • Intermediate would have all aids, but would be restricted to an appropriate tire selection.
  • Advanced would take away SRF, ASM, Active Steering, and the Driving Line.
  • Expert would further take away TCS, and would restrict ABS to 1. (I haven't taken the plunge into ABS=0, but if there are enough ABS=0 drivers out there, I wouldn't have a problem with no ABS for Expert.)

Additionally Beginner events should occasionally include 750pp races and Expert Events should occasionally include 400pp races. Some races could be with courtesy cars, and some races could use cars from your garage.

I think this would be the best way to include players of all skill levels in an online racing experience.

My concept to improve Quick Match would be to have 4 events at a time: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert.

• Beginner would have all aids available and open tire selection.
  • Intermediate would have all aids, but would be restricted to an appropriate tire selection.
  • Advanced would take away SRF, ASM, Active Steering, and the Driving Line.
  • Expert would further take away TCS, and would restrict ABS to 1. (I haven't taken the plunge into ABS=0, but if there are enough ABS=0 drivers out there, I wouldn't have a problem with no ABS for Expert.)
Sounds good, but I'd include heavy damage & strong penalties in expert races, and make track selection random for all events so that we get some variety.

Quick match...

So you don't have to go through lobbies trying to find something suitable race in, or your garage to find something suitable to race with. It's quick, at least in terms of making selections, it's a couple of clicks, and bang, you have a close(ish) race.

If you want specifics, start a lobby, if nobody joins, it means nobody wants those same specifics, and in which case, you wouldn't get a match anyway.

Well quick match isn't stopping them.

Yeah i know, it's just strange that they spend time working on that instead of giving us the simple things that we want. Most of the players i know would prefer to have shuffle over QM. It feels like shuffle-racing has some sort of a "problem" that they can't bring it to GT6.....so, here is some quick match....

Let's see, maybe we can have something coming.

Yeah i know, it's just strange that they spend time working on that quick match instead of giving us the simple things that we want. Most of the players i know would prefer to have shuffle over QM. It feels like shuffle-racing has some sort of a "problem" that they can't bring it to GT6.....so, here is some quick match....

Let's see, maybe we can have something coming.
All that's left is for us to hope for shuffle to return in any of the post 1.12 versions of GT6.

I've tried to join 2 quick-match races so far. The first one crashed the game before it had even searched for opponents, the second found opponents but the only options were the 'quick options' or to exit. Waited for 2 minutes and nothing happened.

It feels like shuffle-racing has some sort of a "problem" that they can't bring it to GT6.....so, here is some quick match....
... is shuffle to difficult for guys, who hasn't used GT5 - and QM is a try, to find new customers? :confused: r.

I ran two races last night before things got unstable. Payouts are kinda low. A second-place finish gets you around 12K. I like how evenly matched the cars are. The reason I didn't get first in both races was because I did something stupid. Clean races, no ramming.

FS7
Sounds good, but I'd include heavy damage & strong penalties in expert races, and make track selection random for all events so that we get some variety.

Those are great ideas. I especially like the random track idea. I can't believe I didn't think about damage and penalties.

I think a daily event rotation would be good too.

I tried playing the quick match three times and I couldn't do a thing but be stuck in the menus and watch a random lagging gamer wander all over the track lol. Maybe another day

I won my first Quick Match race by only .003 seconds!

The third place was only .051 secs!

Fuji Speedway F (2).jpg

I had a few issues with but I'm still having fun. I just hope that they add new events every week like how they do with seadonals like I said before. Wouldn't mind seeing some LMP or Gt3 or 400pp. Mix it up every week.

I find it funny how there is a 600pp class and a 500pp class, and none of the cars in either come within 20pp of the claim. They should definitely have a wider selection of cars.

I want a BMW Z8 in Quick Race!

While I really like the concept (except not picking cars...), it very clearly has rubber banding, and I simply can't do that. I love the rest of the update.

50% of the time, quick match works.

The other 50% it disconnects or freezes and forces me to quit the game.

I'm done with this mode until they stabilize the hell out of it.

I did two beginner QM races yesterday and was surprised how smooth they went. Of course it had signs of Demolition Derby, but still, a lot of proper racing was possible in between a few key turns... ;-)
And for the first time ever, I won a race, so that probably makes me biased.

What really surprised me though was that I had the full choice of tyres, so I expected everyone to go with RS (I left my RX-7 on SH), but in the replay it showed all cars driven with SH. Are there different races for each tyre type?

Haven't tried QM yet. I was kinda excited about it. It can't replace the good ol' shuffle racing we loved so mucht in GT5, but it seemed a step in the right direction.

After reading all posts in this thread, I'm having seriuous doubts and I'll probably won't even try it. I'm allergic to dirty drivers, so I'm thinking I'll just give this a miss.... :boggled::dunce:

PD, I'll ask once again: please, please bring back shuffle racing :scared::scared:

Back