Quite frustratingly..

Messages
48
Messages
RLR_KartRacer32
Messages
RSV Italiano327
I'm sure many of you have encountered this same problem throughout GT5, if any of you have a solid, educated answer/solution to this problem, please do reply..

Why is it that I purchase a few cars for a good amount of credits (2.6m & 5m each) after working deliberately at getting them, and after I realize I don't want one of them because it's not what I thought it would be, I'm not only unable to sell the car for ANY credits whatsoever, but also I am not allowed to trade this car for something of similar value (ex. Audi R10). Same goes for the 2.6m Zonda R I bought, but I do love this one.Only problem is I won another Zonda R as a prize so I own 2, I understand if I can't sell the Zonda R that I won, but I cannot even sell or trade the one I bought to get any sort of return on my original purchase. Help?

I'm a newcomer to these forums so any and all helpful answers are greatly apprecited, thank you!
 
Last edited:
Yes it's another utterly stupid design decision made by PD which all together ruin GT5 as a game.
 
I feel your pain. I have 4 ford GT race cars, and cant do anything with them.
 
Because PD thinks we make money too easily with the ability to dupe + trade cars, so they decided to impose trading and selling restrictions on them. Any cars above 500k (new car price) cannot be sold for ANY credits and any cars above 1M (new car price) cannot be traded anymore.

Not saying in any respect GT5 is a bad game, but this is utterly stupid. They think they are the lawmakers or something.
 
You'll need the FGT for the FGT series so you should keep it.
 
You can use the FGT with a rubber band and keyboard to auto-grind the Indy track. It requires a bit of maintenance (oil changes every 8 hours and engine rebuilds every 24-48). Once it gets to level 30 you can win the X2010 by bronzing all 3 races on the vettel challenge, and then auto-grinding becomes even more lucrative. When I want some new cars now, I just set it up before I go to bed, and when I get home from work I have 20MM sitting in the bank.
 
Thank you all, this does answer my question, rather an unfortunate answer however :/ I guess I can understand PD for not allowing me to sell cars I won/traded, but I can't sell the ones I bought for a large sum of cr for anything? A bit ridiculous...

As for the FGT, I've already completed both A spec an B spec FGT Championships so I have no use for it.. plus for all the races I can repeat with the FGT (with the exception of its corresponding championship) I can complete much quicker (and more enjoyably) with any of my 3 X1's (love my prototype!)

Thanks again for all your help, I'm already liking being apart of this community rather than my old one (Forza) :D
 
Make more informed decisions before purchasing a car. There's a wealth of information out there -- you just have to find it. Also, don't be quick to write off a car just because you aren't able to reign it in. Often times, the car is rarely the reason for a lack of success -- it's the driver. With the multitude of tuning and adjustment options available to each and every car, there is very little reason not to be able to tailor them to suit your abilities.

You'll need the FGT for the FGT series so you should keep it.

Yes, as well as making the majority of B-Spec events much less of a headache. Well worth the purchase, and should be a staple in anyone's garage.
 
Yes it's another utterly stupid design decision made by PD which all together ruin GT5 as a game.


Yeah it completely ruined this game for me as well...now I just forum troll about a game I hate:dunce:

While it does suck to not be able to sell certain cars it by no way ruins the experience...I have multiples of alot of the cars Bob won simply because I have them tuned differently for online racing.
 
Also, don't be quick to write off a car just because you aren't able to reign it in. Often times, the car is rarely the reason for a lack of success -- it's the driver.

I see where you are coming from on this, and you may be entirely right n a number of occasions with various people, but as a proud winner of all three gold trophies in the Vettel X challenge recently (without the help of a wheel) I like to think I know what I'm doing...maybe you are right to an extent though, because I could be used to the incredible handling and speed of the X2010. I ran some side by side tests with it against my Ferrari F10 and it runs similar times on many tracks.. :boggled:
 
.....as a proud winner of all three gold trophies in the Vettel X challenge recently (without the help of a wheel) I like to think I know what I'm doing.........


Wow congrats on gold vettel with a DS3 👍

I don't even want to bother asking you how to do it, cuz I know I can't. Simply amazing.

I tried putting my hands into cold water for a minute or two to increase flexibility on my fingers but gold @ monza, silver @ 'ring and bronze @ suzuka is all I can manage with this absurd method. My fingers go fatique so quickly, there's just too much strain on my left thumb (steering joystick).
 
Not being able to sell cars that you bought baffles me.

I'd imagine the reason you can't sell a lot of cars you win for prizes is to cut out the grinding for prizes to sell from previous games, the not being able to win prize cars more than once contributes to that too.

Anyway, if you have the cars, you may as well drive them. No sense in throwing away goods for nothing :D
 
gold @ monza, silver @ 'ring and bronze @ suzuka is all I can manage.

Thanks cookie,

Its funny you say that succession of medals on those tracks, because thats exactly what I had before I decided to really go for it. The assist pattern I used was: Manual Transmission, TC off, Skid Recovery Force on (this got me 7 tenths at Suzuka when I figured out it was faster! Woulda made life easier on the other two if I would have known!) ABS 1, Steering Sensitivity 10. Try that out and see if it helps, ABS may be 10 I can't remember. Anyways, you just gotta keep at it! Best of luck my friend! 👍 :)
 
You can't sell any car worth above 500,000 credits over above.
 
They count as total cars towards my 1000 car trophy, so I don't really mind when I get stuck with a car I don't like.
 
I too think it is totally stupid you can't sell a car $500,000 or above. You are just selling it to the "game" so it doesn't hurt anyone, or the economy of the game. Being able to sell these cars wouldn't make anyone ridiculously rich--you can only win prize cars once.

Especially when you get a Tank Car as a prize in both A-spec and B-spec. I mean, WTF? What am I going to do with two Tank Cars?
 
Why is it so bad to just keep the car? Is that Veyron such a burden on your garage?
 
I feel your pain. I have 4 ford GT race cars, and cant do anything with them.

I had four Jay Leno Tank cars (thanks car tickets:mad:), I just deleted them.
 
Why is it so bad to just keep the car? Is that Veyron such a burden on your garage?

No, its instances like after I've done all the rally races but I win rally cars from races, I'd like to be able to sell them in order to get money for the cars I actually do need to buy instead of just grinding the same race. Speeds up the process a little so I don't waste as much time.
 
I guess I can feel you on that, but if you've gotten far enough in the game to have an X2010 and access to the Dream Car Chamionship on B-Spec, you get get 1MM credits while doing busywork around your house. It shouldn't be too difficult to get what you're after (unless you're one of the types that must have every single car in the game).
 
Nah I'm more of a recreational player and use GT5 to get my racing fix on my down time between my racing in real life, and the instance I mentioned was early in my career mode when I was often a bit squeezed for cash, so to get to the point where I'm at now, I had to grind and admittedly, that does get boring.

As for the b spec stuff, my bob is too much of a dumb lump of 🤬 for me to tolerate when I just wanna drive myself and have fun. I also was frustrated to learn you cant fast-forward bob anymore like in GT4, so I don't find a whole lot of enjoyment watching bob endlessly careen off of other cars into gravel pits, not to mention the way he waits for all 11 cars to pass so he can dawdle back onto the track, only to pitch it off in the next corner because I told him to pace up. You know, typical bobs. :indiff:
 
I had four Jay Leno Tank cars (thanks car tickets:mad:), I just deleted them.

I'd keep them if I were you. That way, you got 3 extra cars to mess with for teh lulz.
 
HI, Don't worry the game will come to you the more you play. You're not going to get too much for selling a car , just like in real life. There's lots of freebes though, the more you play. Look out for good ones at the "used car dealership", that's where most of the coolest rides are." Bently Speed 8", "Formula Grand Turismo" etc... Keep it up and win points to buy lots of cars!! Hey it's only a game, Have fun. Chris Speed.
 
Yes it's another utterly stupid design decision made by PD which all together ruin GT5 as a game.

Why not save your trolling energies for something more reasonable? Maybe for going out at this weekend? Have fun and enjoy life. It isn´t that bad :lol:
 
Why not save your trolling energies for something more reasonable? Maybe for going out at this weekend? Have fun and enjoy life. It isn´t that bad :lol:

Thanks... I hadn't though of that! :grumpy::dunce::dopey::indiff:
 
I had four Jay Leno Tank cars (thanks car tickets:mad:), I just deleted them.

Why would you delete the most awesome car in the game!?
Yes it may be completely impractical but that is what makes it so fun!
A 27 liter motor on a super long wheelbase chassis with a 3500 kilo weight, Its like driving a cruise ship on land!
 
I have 2 x2010's and I wish I could sell them both
 
Back