R.I.P Daniel Dumile (MF DOOM)

• Thread starter Nessy
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
UK
I know quite a few people may not have heard of him, but he was easily one of my favourite hip hop artists of all time.
Apparently he passed away last year on October the 31st, but his wife only decided to share the bad news yesterday.
Rest in peace, Metal Fingers. :(

(If the mods/admin want to move this elsewhere, that's understandable).

Last edited:
When the new broke last night I was gutted. Also one of my favourites too.

I’ve been speaking with my friend who is a huge Hip Hop fan and owns my locals record show and I’ve floated the idea that Oct 31st will be know as DOOMS DAY and have a a party at the shop to celebrate the legend.

12A3C1AF-B160-444C-A568-F2D63167F291.jpeg

Very sad news. Sparked by his recent collaboration with Badbadnotgood, I just spent an evening immersed in his music last week. It felt like I was hearing those songs for the first time again. RIP.

Gilles Peterson will be paying tribute at 6pm GMT on Worldwide FM tonight. I suspect it'll also make up part of his 6Music show tomorrow.

When the new broke last night I was gutted. Also one of my favourites too.

I’ve been speaking with my friend who is a huge Hip Hop fan and owns my locals record show and I’ve floated the idea that Oct 31st will be know as DOOMS DAY and have a a party at the shop to celebrate the legend.
I cannot think of a more aptly named fitting tribute than that. 👍

I feel the date he passed away holds quite a big personal significance with my partner too. In the early days of dating one-another (over 20yrs ago), i took her to a record shop in Brum, (Kingfisher records), as she was just getting into listening to hip hop herself. I recommended 'Operation : Doomsday' to her as a must have purchase, and we both now share a life-long appreciation of all his music. Anyway, the reason of significance is that her birthday is on Halloweens day too. So from now on we'll be celebrating her birthday and a celebration of life of MF DOOM too.

Very sad news. Sparked by his recent collaboration with Badbadnotgood, I just spent an evening immersed in his music last week. It felt like I was hearing those songs for the first time again. RIP.

Gilles Peterson will be paying tribute at 6pm GMT on Worldwide FM tonight. I suspect it'll also make up part of his 6Music show tomorrow.
Man i really love that song you've posted, it's the first time I've ever heard it.
Also thanks for the heads-up on Giles Peterson's tribute tonight. I'll definitely be listening to it. 👍

Well, that's a crappy way to start the year. RIP Viktor Vaughn. :(
I know. I haven't felt this sad about an artist passing away since Phife and Dilla, (your avatar). I can understand his wife keeping quiet about it until NYE though.
It's really sad news indeed, but let's hope this year is a better one.

Happy New Year to you, NotThePrez, and to everybody else on GTP.

Latest Posts

Back