R.I.P. Gene Wilder.

• Thread starter JKgo
  • 15 comments
Very sad news :( loved all his films with Richard Pryor and Stir Crazy just never gets old... Skip skip!

R.I.P Gene you will be remembered as one of the funniest all time actors for me.

One of my favourite quotes from any movie was from Gene Wilder as "Jim" in Blazing Saddles.
What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.
Always struck me that Cleavon Little's reaction, laughing, was completely genuine and unscripted, as Wilder's delivery was perfect. Talented bloke. RIP.

My absolute favorite Gene Wilder character is him as Dr. Frederick Frankenstein Fronkonstein,
he made so many memorable movies. It's sad he had to go but he will always be remembered.

This is terrible news. Gene always seemed like he could be completely serious and humorous at the same time. Willy Wonka and his Mel Brooks movies will always be among my favorites and I'll have to watch at least one tonight.

:(

NEcJsAYyZHIrgj_2_b.jpg

Ken

Still my favorite scene of Gene Wilder. Which is saying something as I grew up in his movies.

That scene scared the crap out of me when I was a kid, now I see the humor in it.:lol:

Blazing Saddles is still one of my favourite comedies of all time and, sadly, a movie that could not be made today. Fond memories of Mr. Wilder, R.I.P.

Ouch...Another bright star burned out.

Rest in peace, Gene. May the big chocolate factory in the sky welcome you with open arms.

Back