R390GT1 -vs- GTone

  • Thread starter Thread starter PARAGON GT
  • 34 comments
  • 2,321 views

Which to get


  • Total voters
    90

PARAGON GT

Premium
Messages
1,018
United States
Motor City
Messages
R MK XXV
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around the forum for a little while now.
And have just registered here recently in order to get anyones personal advice on the cars mentioned above. You see, I am just about to my 1390 day on the game, and have the "Special Black Cars" comming back to the used car lots again. I missed them the first time around because of a lack of $$$. ANd I should have enough credits for 2 of the 4 cars this time around.

Now I have decided to get the 787B over the R92CP because I already have won the R92CP in its red white and blue paint job. But I can't decide between the R390GT1 and the GTone.

Can anyone shed a little light on either one of these cars? I have done a couple searches, and didn't really find a good comparison of the two cars together.

I'm looking for ease of setting, general feel of the car, power at max build and just general feelings about the cars during races.

Thanks in advance!!
 
I'd get the GTOne, just because it handles better and is faster than the R390GT1.
 
Duck7892
I'd get the GTOne, just because it handles better and is faster than the R390GT1.
I agree. I've run comparison tests on them since they first appeared in the GT series. The R390GT1 is good, but not quite as quick and nimble as the Toyota. Plus the used GT-One is SOLID black, wheels windows, everything and it doesn't even say "TOYOTA" on it anywhere. It just looks clean. :cool:
 
Having recently bought all four of the black beauties (I know, flash git, me) this has given me a bit of an idea 💡 . Gut instinct says GT-One, but I have a feeling there may be a bit of a comparo coming on... :trouble: Circuit nominations, anyone?
 
Hey Fasteddie, If you want to do a personal comp test between the both of them in A-spec mode, I won't stop you.

I realize that leaving the cars in the hands of the computer (b-spec bob), it dosn't really push the cars to their limits. Heck, I would rather hole the accelerator down a couple extra seconds and take a chance of blowing a turn than to break early and lose time on a lap. ( it dosn't always work out the way I planned it :ouch: , but I still try.)

So far it seems to be the GT one in the lead. But the thread is still young. Thanks for all the replies so far. 👍
 
Duck7892
I'd get the GTOne, just because it handles better and is faster than the R390GT1.
Don't forget the fact that the R390 destroys rear tires due to its higher weight. One thing for it, though, is that the R-390 is a little more stable at high speeds (granted, these speeds aren't as high...)
 
In my testing (16 tracks/best lap times/A-spec), the GT-One finished about 10 seconds faster (total time). Would have been a little more but I did better on the Nurb with the Nissan.
 
The GT-One is the better overall car, weight and speed play a big part in the over all decision. But in the looks department the R390 is awesome in black trust me, I own them all, R390 is no match for the GT-One. But the R390 looks awesome in all black. Get them both, garage is big enough to hold all of them.
 
SavageEvil
The GT-One is the better overall car, weight and speed play a big part in the over all decision. But in the looks department the R390 is awesome in black trust me, I own them all, R390 is no match for the GT-One. But the R390 looks awesome in all black. Get them both, garage is big enough to hold all of them.

But his wallet isn't. :scared:

I'd get the GT-One on looks alone, followed by handling, followed by power... :dopey:
 
Fletch
GT-one - because it looks like Darth Vader :dopey:

Amen.. but, didn't you know that when Darth Vader is off duty, he drives Black RS6 avant.. :lol:
 
Wow, GT one is taking off. Although there appear to be some people out there who like the Nissan. Well at least in the voting that is.
 
If you've got 2 memory cards you could save the game on the other memory card and buy a car and save up some more money on your actual game and buy the other off your 2nd memory card. Thats what i did and got all 4 :sly:

Anyway if you'd rather pick, id have the Toyota.
 
Here's another take you may want to consider. The R390 yields more Aspec points when lined up against the big boys. So once you get into the whole Aspec race, the Nissan will already be in your stable.

JParker
 
Slick Rick
If you've got 2 memory cards you could save the game on the other memory card and buy a car and save up some more money on your actual game and buy the other off your 2nd memory card. Thats what i did and got all 4 :sly:

:odd: :confused: 💡 :banghead: :ouch: :dunce:

You know, that is simply a brillant idea!! So simple and yet, it never crossed my mind.

Thanks Slick Rick. I think thats what I'm going to end up doing.

I'm still curious what other people think about the handling of both cars.
 
PARAGON GT
I'm still curious what other people think about the handling of both cars.

Not sure about GT4, but GT3 I found the R390 a much better car to drive. I also found it was quicker (generally) than the GT-One. It didnt have quite the same top speed, but since when did top speed really matter that much? (Someone will say "Sarthe", to which I say, yes, but you still need to accelerate to that top speed)

I managed to buy all 4 first time out - driven the 787B and the R92CP, but neither of the other two, since I prefer the Group Cs to LM GT1s.
 
GT one all the way to the moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!
 
Die Super Adam. The R390Gt looks ten million times better than the Gt1.


So there.

Die Super adam!!!!!!!!1
 
Handling you say?
The GT One is a little too twitchy for my personal tastes. Don't get me wrong though, I've raced it several times and love the car. But I prefer the slightly cumbersom feel of the R390. The R390 accelerates smoother than the GT One. The GT screams for traction control during acceleration. The R390 only needs minimal tuning for optimal handling, where the GT needs pretty radical stuff for really good turn in and turn out acceleration.
I guess what I'm saying is the R390 has a more neutral handle characteristic and the GT is a little too agile. My kids call the GT the "Batmobile"

However my personal favorite out of the four black cars is the R92. I've clocked more miles on it than other three. The R390 is close building Aspecs, and months ago the Sauber was my Bspec enduro work horse having the most miles in races. The reason I say that is I've recently been wearing out cars at the Test Track and it is amazing how many miles can be put on a car X3 in 10 hours :dopey:

JParker
 
conrm001
Die Super Adam. The R390Gt looks ten million times better than the Gt1.


So there.

Die Super adam!!!!!!!!1
If it looks 10 million times better then how come its lossing this poll??? :trouble: (stick that one down your pipe and smoke it!)
And you sig stinks, no wait YOU stink :sly:
 
I suppose this depends on you as an individual.
The truth is, both cars can carry you as far as you want them to.

So, maybe when consider which car to buy it would be wise to consider what you will use it for. 👍

If you're doing nothing but in-game racing then pick which ever one you think looks better (since both are capable of killing the competition).

If you're going to be racing OLR or doing your own Free Run work then I would suggest getting the faster of the two- the GT-One.

However, if you are solely concerned with how the cars feel, then the R390GT1 may be a better car for you.
As you can tell, many people have talked about how much faster the GT-One is and how much better it can handle.
But with your own testing I am sure you will find that the R390 actually handles better... It's just not as fast as the GT-One and so it is hard to look at the handling alone.

One good testament fo this would be the member above who said they ran 16 tracks or something...
They mentioned that the R390 was faster on the Ring.
That is quite possible because of how the Ring will bring out minor handling characteristics that can be over-looked on shorter courses.

I will run some test regarding this comparison. 👍
But now that I think of it, should this thread be in the "Rival Cars" thread?
I mean, these two are rivals are they not?
Hell, they are in such direct competition with one-another that it couldn't be decided which was better (by the thread posting member).

So yeah... Anyway... :lol:
Back later with some results hopefully, but I may post them in my rivals thread instead of here. ;)
 
I honstly thought about posting this in the rival car thread, but figured that it would have passed over with only a couple comments because it was such a wide open thread. And as soon as someone thought of another couple to compair, it would have been the end of the discussion.

I know what you mean about the driver being the basis for the cars performance. I was setting a couple cars for the 1000 mile race, and got it doen to 2 cars.
The 70 Charger and the 63 Vette.
The Charger had more hp, a greater top speed on the straights, but didn't corner very well. Where the Vette had less hp, lower top speed, but hugged the corners.

The Vette ended up beating the Charger on Nub. by at least 6 seconds. Pretty good because it was at least 150 hp lower than the Charger.

Can't wait to see the comparison Kent.
 
Well, :ouch:

Contrary to what I previously said, my testing has shown that the GT-One is in almost every way, the superiour car. :indiff:

Went to the Ring.
Arcade Mode, no tuning, TCS only, Racing Medium Tires.

The GT-One was faster straight up.

Weight is the key to this comparison, the GT-One weighs in at 900kg, the R390 weighs in at 1000kg.

The extra weight of the R390 made it feel more stable and a bit more easy to control.
However, that weight also kept it from braking and accelerating as well as the GT-One.
On top of that, if you are willing to push your limits and deal with a monster, the GT-One can handle better than the R390.
The thing about that is what the driver is willing to do for the car instead of what the car can do for the driver.

See, with the R390 you can stay a little more comfortable- almost relaxed.
The GT-One on the other hand requires a great deal of the driver's attention to small detail.
The GT-One seems very similar to the F1 in this respect.
Great handling only if you can handle the car. :lol:

To my suprise, this is contrary to GT3 and the rivalry between these same two cars.
In GT3 the R390 wasn't bogged down by the extra weight and on top of that it handled more easily than the GT-One.

However, in GT4 the GT-One has little to no understeer in Arcade Mode (which is a huge contrast to the GT3 version).

All in all, I think you're gonna have to go with the GT-One.
It can handle better and it has a better PWR.

Oddly, I think this rival set is almost the exact same as another rival set... The McLaren .vs. the CLK-GTR.
I'm sure you all can figure which compares to which. :lol:

I'm just saying though, if you're looking for the most capable car, the GT-One is the ride for you.
If you're looking for the Nissan, then buy the Nissan; just don't expect the Nissan to be as fast as the GT-One. :rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't get more in-depth but my patience for both of these cars was worn thin quickly... I would rather race the open wheelers than these. :trouble:
 
Kent, I couldn't agree more. Great write-up. I like both, but also prefer the F1 over everything else.
 
in real life i think the GT-ONE was a greater competitor, if only porsche/bmw hadnt been in the field they would have won a Lemans title.
i also picked the GT-ONE, i read up on the racecar the design is flawless.
 
I picked the GT-One becuase of it lasted me quite far back in GT3, and I had fun driving this again in GT4.

In real life, the car also almost won Le Mans, and Toyota spent their time on many details that made it a very competitive and potentially winning car, and it was VERY close to winning Le Mans.
 
conrm001
Die Super Adam. The R390Gt looks ten million times better than the Gt1.

Nooo, the R390 looks like a steamed pudding in comparison to the gorgeous GT-One.

Eat my scabs, conrm001 :yuck: :)
 
The GT ONE is the better car. I find it a bit hard to get a perfect setup though. :guilty:
 
Back