Austria
Austria
StB500
Sorry, could not resist...

Priceless

Nicest GT3 i have ever driven
so nice to trail brake deep in to corners
so easy to drive and not intimidating in any way

Last few min. are the best, sounds like it is perfect predictable to drive and very forgiving.
just hit the pedals as hard as you can

And that video was made on a cold wet day, in GT there is no cold and no realistic wet grip (in career)

I remember the one in GT6 a bit different...

In GT6 he would have crashed them 10 times in the making of the video.

But of course he is only a noob who does not know how to drive them proper...;)

Last edited:
facepalm_227785.jpg

Swear to god if I see another MR car "broken" / "undrivable" or any other punitive excuse I'm going to give up on the internet as spammers clearly have gotten through the captcha (or however it's spelled)...

Stuff like this needs to be in the off topic thread, out of GT anything...

I'm not one of those who says the car in GT6 is broken but...

1) He uses Traction Control.

2) He drives slowly.

Can't be compared with driving flat out in GT6 with no aids, can it?

Sorry, could not resist...

Priceless

Last few min. are the best, sounds like it is perfect predictable to drive and very forgiving.

And that video was made on a cold wet day, in GT there is no cold and no realistic wet grip (in career)

I remember the one in GT6 a bit different...

In GT6 he would have crashed them 10 times in the making of the video.

But of course he is only a noob who does not know how to drive them proper...;)

I don't think it's broken at all. Also notice he uses tcs to all you haters out there.

I'm sure they have a great setup on their car, as opposed to us amateurs playing the video game
The point is he is saying that the R8 LMS is the nicest/easiest to drive GT3 car he has driven so far.
In GT6 it is the worst of them all.

He also mentions that it is perfect for late/heavy braking and trail braking deep in to corners, and you can slam the pedals as hard as you want.
In GT6 those things make it spin before you know what happened.

He says the steering is perfect and you can see that he never corrects steering in the corner.
In GT6 steering is crap, for every little move you need instant opposite lock to prevent the rear from overtaking you.

Every race driver will tell you that only nice handling cars are fast in the long term (and the R8 gets used a lot in endurance racing).

So i believe this video and the fact that the R8 is a successful endurance racing car more than the people here that always say it is not "broken" end everyone complaining is just to stupid to drive it.

I know it can be improved with setup, but then its only as good as the others with standard setup.
If you put the same setup effort in a other car it will be better again.

I don't think it's broken at all. Also notice he uses tcs to all you haters out there.
TCS does not stop you from spinning under braking or when turning in, which is the biggest issue with the GT6 R8 LMS.

I posted the video more for fun not to make a point.

I can live with the R8 LMS as it is and enjoy the challenge to drive it from time to time.

But i would never use it in a endurance race with damage for example. (If we ever get such thing :()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back