Race # 23

• Thread starter dking
  • 21 comments
I don't know if you have to do all 22 race series to unlock the 23rd. Try just doing the 22nd race series and see if that works. I know that the 2nd time I played through the game, I did race series 22 before some other ones, but it still unlocked the ending movie and series 23.

I raced #23 before finishing all the other races. Not sure how to unlock it, but you don't have to finish all the other races to unlock #23.

kaos1976
Someone capable to beat 8h series?
:banghead:
If you've beat everything else, it shouldn't be too bad.

If you are having a hard time, try to stick behind the bike in 1st until the last lap. The AI's laptimes will be fairly slow and when you go the AI won't speed up immediately. You'll pull something like 2 seconds per split.

This is very irritating. I tried the Suzuka and Valencia races a couple of times. I am using the black Honda with the stars. I am able to catch and pass the 2nd and 3rd place bikes pretty easily, but I never can get up to the leader (I do get close maybe 2 or 3 seconds away). My tires start burning up which is slowing me down. I have tried all three tire compounds.

I was under the impression that the Honda with stars is the best of the 8 hr bikes....

Lightsped
This is very irritating. I tried the Suzuka and Valencia races a couple of times. I am using the black Honda with the stars. I am able to catch and pass the 2nd and 3rd place bikes pretty easily, but I never can get up to the leader (I do get close maybe 2 or 3 seconds away). My tires start burning up which is slowing me down. I have tried all three tire compounds.

I was under the impression that the Honda with stars is the best of the 8 hr bikes....

The same for me......i can catch about 2 seconds every lap to the leader, but in final 2 laps tyres disappears and i cannot be able to catch him.....it seems like he's tyres are good yet.....
:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: 👎 👎

Why not just do a qualifying run, score the best lap, then all you have to do is stay ahead. The person behind you will start catching up really fast, but as soon as he gets within about 3 seconds of you, he loses the speed boost he had and stays at a normal speed until he drops back again.

The Special Machines series consists of five individual races, meaning there is no chance to go qualifying. However, you should be able to catch the leader within two to three laps, build up a small lead over the two or three laps after that, and then simply try to stay ahead as the tires wear down.

kaos1976
The same for me......i can catch about 2 seconds every lap to the leader, but in final 2 laps tyres disappears and i cannot be able to catch him.....it seems like he's tyres are good yet.....
:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: 👎 👎
Run the hard compound. I don't think my tires were gone at the end of the races and I was clicking off some pretty good laps in the process.

Try better tire management....racing is about consistency not outright speed...If you don't spin them on the coner exit you should be ok...but if you are spinning the tires on your corner exits your tire wear will increase....
Try running a couple laps at a fast pace but not as fast as you can....sometimes it feels slower but you are faster...

sorry bout the rant...TIRE MANAGEMENT for the win!

dking
Try better tire management....racing is about consistency not outright speed...If you don't spin them on the coner exit you should be ok...but if you are spinning the tires on your corner exits your tire wear will increase....
Try running a couple laps at a fast pace but not as fast as you can....sometimes it feels slower but you are faster...

sorry bout the rant...TIRE MANAGEMENT for the win!

I am not spinning tires. I am using the mode where the back tire does not slide/spin.

Lightsped
I am not spinning tires. I am using the mode where the back tire does not slide/spin.

With pro mode off, you will still spin the tire and wear through tires rapidly. I think you will wear through them even faster because you mash on the accelerator immediately and chew up the tire during your exit.

I think consistency is the key to this race. Use hard compound tires, most of the other tires won't last long enough for a 10 lap race. Try to focus on running a consistent line though out the whole course. Often, when i try to push myself too hard, fall or miss the line completely. It doesn't seem so bad at one corner, but a series of these will effectively put you out the race.

Don't worry if you can't seem to catch him. Keep practicing and eventually you'll find a fast and safe line.

SnyperP
I think consistency is the key to this race. Use hard compound tires, most of the other tires won't last long enough for a 10 lap race. Try to focus on running a consistent line though out the whole course. Often, when i try to push myself too hard, fall or miss the line completely. It doesn't seem so bad at one corner, but a series of these will effectively put you out the race.

Don't worry if you can't seem to catch him. Keep practicing and eventually you'll find a fast and safe line.

This is exactly it. There is an old adage in racing that sometimes you have to slow down to speed up. I was racing a CBR100RR RM at Motegi and was running lap times of 2:02. I thought "I can get that under two minutes." Then I reconsidered. I was already in the lead, so why push it? Just concentrate on my racing line, concentrate on not making any mistakes that would slow me down, and win the race. My next lap was a 1:59. By not trying so hard, I started making smoother, faster laps.

In series 23, I used hard compound tires and I never had any tire wear problems. I was riding the 7 Honda. Suzuka was the only race where my rear tires started to get a little orange, but I had a 5 second lead on the last lap, so I took it easy and still won by over two seconds.

revelli
i had just try on the Valencia with norivaki and tiger, but i cannot catch the leader :ouch:

which of the 8hs bikes is the best?

Each bike has a varying excessive quality. Suzuki has good handling, great topend, good acceleration but mediocre brakes. Honda (not 7) is neutrally good. Yamaha has good handling great acceleration and decent topend. Kawasaki has great handling and brakes and mediocre acceleration and topend. The Stars Honda in my opinion has all of the best characteristic of all bikes combined.
All of the races are difficult, the biggest trick I've found is using a bike with the characterists that accel at the given venue. Or you can just kill them with the Stars Honda. If your still having difficulty with the Honda, I can only suggest practicing the track with the bike of choice to find the optimal racing lines. I've found throttle control will definately kill you. I know it's hard but "wait for the apex"! It is key.

After a few days i turned back to this game. I choosed 7 and new york. After 3 laps i was still 2nd. But on the end of the big straight street i loose my brake power and i ramed into the wall at 200 kmph. But what happens? I MUST WAIT 10 seconds - well 10 seconds with 50 kmph. So i loose huge time and 2 other bakes overtake me. But i didnt restart the race. I pushed hard and i turned once again in 2nd possition. Once again at the end of the big straight line when i finaly was able to overtake the leader i failed with braking and baaam into the wall. After this i ram my joistick into the ground and go away.
There is another way to get crazy. 2 or 3 times at valencia i failad and crashed after i was braking into a corner. Rider suddenly loose control of the bike.

Im so dissapointed!!!!!

There are only 3 races to win and i have 100%

Back