[RACE] GRAND PRIX LEGENDS - rcb929 and Honda Racing are Champions!! See you next season!!Open 

• Thread starter GTracer98
  • 1,337 comments

Which day and time works for you?

• Friday 8 PM (GMT+2)

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Saturday 4 PM (GMT+2)

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Saturday 8 PM GMT+2

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Sunday 4 PM GMT+2

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
We have a problem: the comfort tires have just as much grip as the rain tires. :ill: I think at least sports soft's should be the dry compound.

That's the point. :sly: F1 cars back then had pretty much road tyres. ;)

Seeing as this gaining a lot of interest, it might be a problem only awarding points down to 6th. I know you're trying to keep it as realistic as possible, but it might be a deterrent for some people.

I see what you mean, I could change that, yes. Maybe like this:

1st - 18 points

2nd -15 points

3rd - 12 points

4th - 11 points

5th - 10 points

6th - 9 points

7th - 8 points

8th - 7 points

9th - 6 points

10th - 5 points

11th - 4 points

12th - 3 points

13th - 2 points

14th - 1 point

15th - 0

16th - 0

OK, the rain tires have much more grip than the comfort tires. So much that it would be better to use rain tires in the dry. See my point? Could we just use sports hard?

OK, the rain tires have much more grip than the comfort tires. So much that it would be better to use rain tires in the dry. See my point? Could we just use sports hard?
No, because it's a stupid amount of grip.

I'm gonna test rain tyres vs comforts myself, then mention the results here.

@RyanRacer is onto something: I just did two laps at Spa in the dry and with the rain tyres I was ~8 seconds faster than on the comforts... :lol: So, I'm thinking of discarding the rain tyres completely, and doing wet races on the same comfort softs.

Nevermind, driving the Rocket on CS tires around Monaco is just about the funnest thing since sliced bread. I get it now, there really was no grip. CS tires seem to be the perfect tire to simulate 60's F1. This is where Jackie Stewart's advice really comes into play; smoothness is key. My eyes have been opened! :eek:

I'm interested even though i have never tried the rocket :) but my one worry is no abs :nervous:

No ABS on this car is not really any different to ABS 1. Testing at Le Mans I was only slightly cooking the inside wheel braking into Mulsanne corner with BB set to 10-8. So yeah, there isn't a whole lot of braking power in the thing. :lol:

The guy has a point, if racing wets are allowed then it is faster to use racing wets in the dry than CS as they have more grip. Comfort tyres are actually pretty good in the wet, so why not just use CS?

It appears I was tree'd.

hsv
Do you know what kind of grip old racing tyres produce? It's CM level at best.

:indiff:

Hard to say, different construction means bias ply tyres are hard to simulate on a radial model. I'd say sport hard are like a fat, late '60s racing tyre. The skinny ones used in early '60s F1 are more like CS, or even, as you say, CM.

I am interested also but obviously depends on the schedule and how the series is planned/executed. Looks like you are onto a great concept so don't screw it up! ;)

Excellent concept and original, a rarity nowadays, best of luck!
I am interested also but obviously depends on the schedule and how the series is planned/executed. Looks like you are onto a great concept so don't screw it up! ;)

Being my first ever racing series, I'm learning... But I'll try my best to organize it properly.

Great. Something good.

I'll keep an eye on this one.

Brown_Eye_stock_nw.jpg

BTW, I sometimes see ugly disputes in other racing leagues so here's a reminder for this series:

Respect you fellow driver even if he's a complete idiot! :sly:

These were the kind of brakes used back there.

bgZVmso.jpg

The LSD wasn't implemented in the 60's F1s.

From the mid 1960s onwards disc brakes were pretty much used exclusively. Mechanical limited slip differentials were also common place as their benefit was proven in the Auto Union and Mercedes cars of the 1930s.

From the mid 1960s onwards disc brakes were pretty much used exclusively. Mechanical limited slip differentials were also common place as their benefit was proven in the Auto Union and Mercedes cars of the 1930s.

Then we could use them. But it might take off the fun.

Back