Race Marshal Program Returns to Forza Motorsport 7

Something I wrote over on the official forum:

Just a heads up: Marshals can only really take action on a player if they catch them "in the act".

There's no point in saying "hey you, come into my lobby and kick these guys who just wrecked me", especially if the person you're messaging is at work or away from Forza Multiplayer. It's already too late at that point.

Many of the Marshals I know of are active in the Hoppers almost daily though, but there aren't many of us and it's impossible to cover every single race and every single player in said races. As more Marshals are added there's a greater chance of Hoppers being covered.

I must point out however that this is not a "job" nor is it something that results in Marshals being compensated (if it were I wouldn't have joined as it could be considered a conflict of interest with my current employer) this is simply a case of reliable, frequent online players being given the ability to make races a little cleaner while they're online. Basically, if you see us online, it would be a good idea to race in the Hoppers that we are racing in in order to increase your chances of having a clean race.

0a8270b4-239c-426d-a711-a65492bc43a9_Thumbnail.PNG

There’s what the badge looks like.

This might make online racing palatable once more in Forza...

Marshals can only really take action on a player if they catch them "in the act".

It's still a great step forward, very welcome news.

This might make online racing palatable once more
palatable...

I don't know. It will take an awful lot of marshals, and also the general public needs to be aware of what's happening. If the general population of players have absolutely no idea about marshals, and all of a sudden find that select players are kicking them out of the game, that might put a bad impression in many peoples mind. Since the program (re)started, I haven't seen anything telling me about the Marshals program, except for FM.net, here and, Xbox Wire.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of players self policing, and I hope it dramatically changes the online experience, I just don't think it's going to be an immediate effect, and I do think some bad reviews may happen in the programs (re)infancy.

I vote SuperGT for marshal.

I was made a marshal you may be happy to know. It does feel good to be able to get rid of the troublesome drivers in lobbies but currently it is just a drop in the ocean, given the amount of rammers out there.

I was made a marshal you may be happy to know. It does feel good to be able to get rid of the troublesome drivers in lobbies but currently it is just a drop in the ocean, given the amount of rammers out there.
Indeed, and it doesn’t solve the fundamental issue of people not being taught or encouraged in-game to actually race with respect towards your fellow driver. Gran Turismo Sport was clearly built from the ground up to facilitate this and works rather well.

Gran Turismo Sport was clearly built from the ground up to facilitate this and works rather well.

GTS is not without it's foibles but from what I've seen so far it is still streets ahead of Forza for online racing.

Back