[RACE][NR2003] 2015 SuperTruck Series by Caterpillar, Race #1/18: NAPA Auto Parts 250

• Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 757 comments

GTPlanet usernames or fictional ones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
San Bernardino, California
Gerarghini
Gerarghini
2015 SuperTruck Series by Caterpillar [S1]

image.jpg

What is this?
Basically a variant of the ever-popular fantasy series by @nascarfan1400, @Jahgee1124, @rallymorten, and @Earth. As the lowest tier of the top three, this series aims to integrate the user into the experience in the easiest way possible; by virtue of customizable AI stats!

How does that work?
I'll iron out the details at a later date. Basically before every race you will change a couple of AI stats to make your driver as competitive as possible. If last race your AI was too aggressive, why not done him/her down for the next?

All the while, you have the opportunity to upgrade certain stats on your driver (min. and max. limits), pit crew (consistency, etc.), and car with the $$$ earned from the races. $$$ earned and adjustable AI details will be revealed in the upcoming days.

Schedule & Races
The aim is primarily short tracks with a lot of door to door actions. Races will vary in terms of length for a lot of reasons, but they will generally span in the 100-250 mile mark to make for short races that are exciting from beginning to end. Commentary will be handled by an assortment of individuals if I can contract them to do certain races. Most of them will be handled by me, with full length races and authentic NASCAR feeling.

Check the following posts for the schedule.

Will be based off of the actual, real life Camping World Truck series races, although you will earn bonus points for achieving the pole, and achieving the fastest in-race lap, for a maximum of 50 points per race.

There will also be a team and manufacturer's championship, although with a slight twist. The points earned for that particular team/make will be determined by the highest and lowest finishing driver in said team/make.

E.g. This means if there are 40 Fords and 2 Chevy's in a race, and one Chevy achieves the pole, led a lap, most laps led, fastest race lap, and wins, Chevy and the team the driver's in will earn 50 points. If the second Chevy finishes dead last, it will earn a single point towards the manufacturer and team. This eliminates the problems of having one team or manufacturer dominate too much.
Points Breakdown
+1-43 possible points based on position (1st: 43 pts., 43rd: 1 pts.)
+2 points for achieving pole position (except for season opener)
+1 point for leading a lap in a race
+1 point for achieving the fastest in-race lap
+3 points for leading the most laps

Manufacturers
As a much laxer racing series, there are much more options than any other racing series has to offer. You may choose from any of the following trucks.

Click on your manufacturer for the appropriate template.

Teams are a go. No limit on team members, so please go ahead and pull a 2007 Roush Racing.
Please note that you are not bound to whatever manufacturer/number you sign-up for. You may, at any time during the season, pull a 2012 Kurt Busch and switch teams and numbers or pull a 2015 David Ragan and switch teams, manufacturers, and numbers. You won't lose any driver points, but you will cost your then-current team and manufacturer any future points you'd earn.

Last edited:
Drivers, Makes, and Teams

26 Overall Drivers

Chevrolet (9)

#00 - @KuniKino****a [Sony/Jack Daniels]
#13 - @Flynn_Reppert [ICB]
#20 - @DurWinning [Mortal Kombat]
#22 - @GTRacer22 [GM Performance Parts]
#24 - @Jahgee1124 [DuPont/Pepsi]
#25- @Doodle [NAPA/GoDaddy]
#76 - @Niku Driver HC [Chesterfield/Chaparral]
#95 - @rallymorten [FNAF]
#97 - @raven214 [ALS/USMC]

Ford (7)
#1 - @Smurfybug [Playstation/PDI/HTC]
#6 - @tbwhhs [Domino's Pizza]
#9 - @CSMDuty11 [Mountain Dew]
#10 - @Ph1sher [Snap-On/Menards]
#50 - @swiftsmith [Logan's Roundhouse]
#62 - @aarror [ME/Fig Newtons]
#79 - @BKGlover [N/A]

RAM (5)
#23 - @quietgirl [Victoria's Secret/Adam and Eve.com]
#26 - @G_Parrilla [UPS]
#53 - @Tired iron [Captain Morgan Spiced Rum]

Toyota (4)
#32 - @RACECAR [Gamestop/Toyota Care]
#34 - @DCybertron [Panda Express]
#44 - @BayneHamlin1121 [Super Autobacs]
#57 - @Harsk100 [TRD]

Honda (2)
#7 - @FrzGT [N/A]
#38 - @Gerarghini [Hot Wheels/Dollar General]

Nissan (1)
#99 - @Michelin [NAPA Auto Parts]

Teams
Chevrolet
-Team Kate Upton
@Jahgee1124
@DurWinning
@Doodle
@Niku Driver HC

Ford
-Swift Autosport
@swiftsmith
@Smurfybug
@Ph1sher
@tbwhhs

Toyota
-Harsk World Motorsports
@Harsk100

Honda
-GTrucks Racing
@FrzGT
@Gerarghini

Race Schedule

18 races overall
[SS]: Super speedway (3), [SP]: Speedway (4), [ST]: Short Track (7), [RC]: Road Course (3)

Preseason
-Test Races @ Various Tracks
-Super Autobacs 50 exhibition race @ Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway
-Axalta 25 @ Martinsville Speedway [CANCELLED]
-Sears 20 @ Sonoma Raceway [CANCELLED]
Season
0: NAPA Auto Parts 100 Hot Wheels Shootout @ Daytona International Speedway
1: NAPA Auto Parts 250 @ Daytona International Speedway
2: 5-Hour Energy 150 @ Richmond International Raceway
3: Shell 220 @ Bristol Motor Speedway
4: Subway 190 @ Phoenix International Raceway
5: ToyotaCare 125 @ Sonoma Raceway
6: Auto Club 200 @ Auto Club Speedway
7: Drive to End Hunger 240 @ Martinsville Speedway
8: Lowe's 125 @ North Wilkesboro Speedway
9: Coca-Cola 300 @ Charlotte Motor Speedway
10: Chevrolet Silverado 150 @ Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
11: Aaron's 199 @ Talladega Superspeedway
12: Miller Lite 200 @ Iowa Speedway
13: Bass Pro Shops 140 @ Eldora Speedway
14: Menards 150 @ Gateway Motorsports Park
15: Ford EcoBoost 100 @ Road America
16: The Home Depot 200 @ New Hampshire Motor Speedway
17: *user decided based on popular vote*
18: Mickyard 200 presented by Craftsman & Camping World @ Walt Disney World Speedway

Races are measured in kilometers.

Last edited:
Alrighty, time to make three out of three Fantasy Series that I am a part of, decided to sign up for this one as well.

Per usual tradition, I will need help with making my livery as well, so if you enjoy creating liveries, be my guest. I promise not to be too over the top this time. ;)

I'm in. Form submitted. Will be painting the hell out of this template and I'll be available to paint anyone's Truck if needed. For now, I'll get my primaries done but I'll start doing alternates once the complete schedule is out.

I'm in. Form submitted. Will be painting the hell out of this template and I'll be available to paint anyone's Truck if needed. For now, I'll get my primaries done but I'll start doing alternates once the complete schedule is out.

Hey, RACECAR? Care to paint my Truck, if you can? Just putting the offer out there.

Team Kate Upton, it can be a thing here too
Good point. We may need to substitute Bman and Doodle or we can run a two man team if we need to.

EDIT: I'm not going to run Pepsi for this one though. I'm going to have Mortal Kombat as my sponsor.

Good point. We may need to substitute Bman and Doodle or we can run a two man team if we need to.

EDIT: I'm not going to run Pepsi for this one though. I'm going to have Mortal Kombat as my sponsor.
That's fine

Back