[RACE][NR2003] 2015 SuperTruck Series by Caterpillar, Race #1/18: NAPA Auto Parts 250

• Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 757 comments

GTPlanet usernames or fictional ones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Niku Driver HC takes it to the top of the charts in Qualifying

Quali.png

@Niku Driver HC, the guy who inadvertently destroyed a truck and a whole garage earlier today, fixed his Chesterfield Chaparral Chevrolet and topped the leaderboards where it counts. He will start the race in the coveted pole position, a great start for him as well as the Team Kate Upton gang. @swiftsmith kept up his momentum from practice and put down a lightning fast lap, and @BKGlover rallies back from an iffy practice session to bring that #79 Ford up to the podium.

-Race will be uploaded tomorrow at my earliest convienence. I will also try to finish up the leaderboard on the OP as well. In the meanwhile, RP as you will.

@Niku Driver HC takes it to the top of the charts in Qualifying

View attachment 335662

@Niku Driver HC, the guy who inadvertently destroyed a truck and a whole garage earlier today, fixed his Chesterfield Chaparral Chevrolet and topped the leaderboards where it counts. He will start the race in the coveted pole position, a great start for him as well as the Team Kate Upton gang. @swiftsmith kept up his momentum from practice and put down a lightning fast lap, and @BKGlover rallies back from an iffy practice session to bring that #79 Ford up to the podium.

-Race will be uploaded tomorrow at my earliest convienence. I will also try to finish up the leaderboard on the OP as well. In the meanwhile, RP as you will.
Why am I not in it? :confused:

Cue the theme song!

I know, I haven't won the race, but winning the quali after crashing into another dude and then (accidentally) setting his car on fire is the best thing that could've happened to me. TKU represent! :D

If blowing up my truck is the best thing to happen to you, I hate to think what you'll do to follow it up next week! :odd: :D

-Teams are now a go, so make a post explaining your teams upfront. Remember, nothing is final until the Napa Auto Parts 250.

RAVEN MOTORSPORT OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
Raven Motorsport is pleased to announce we are expanding our operations to include the Monopoly® Fantasy Truck Series. Owner/driver @raven214 will pilot the #97 ALSA/Marine Corps/Mtn Dew Chevy. We have no other drivers to announce at this time.

Edit: Oops, sorry for double posting. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
If blowing up my truck is the best thing to happen to you, I hate to think what you'll do to follow it up next week! :odd: :D

Oh, you double posted raven, be careful with that.

Also, blowing up your car wasn't the best thing to happen to me, don't be silly. The money I spent on Happy Meals is still burning a hole in my wallet as we speak, don't think it was cheap. And I can assure that your car won't be blown to pieces next time, nor my team's other cars at that. Winning the quali is already an highlight for me, but having to spend my pay on Happy Meals and car repair fees isn't.

The others? I don't know... :mischievous:

Last edited:
Oh, you double posted raven, be careful with that.

Also, blowing up your car wasn't the best thing to happen to me, don't be silly. The money I spent on Happy Meals is still burning a hole in my wallet as we speak, don't think it was cheap. And I can assure your car won't be blown to pieces next time, nor my team's other cars at that. Winning the quali is already an highlight for me, but having to spend my pay on Happy Meals and car repair fees isn't.

The others? I don't know... :mischievous:

My bad about the double post! Posting in 3 threads at once will do that to ya. :boggled:

It's all good sir! We got the funds to replace our truck and the important thing is no one was hurt. Just watch where you point that laser, would ya!? :D

My bad about the double post! Posting in 3 threads at once will do that to ya. :boggled:

It's all good sir! We got the funds to replace our truck and the important thing is no one was hurt. Just watch where you point that laser, would ya!? :D

Don't worry, happens to the best of us. ;)

Ok, glad to hear that the money has been put to good use, and no one was injured. And with Treize's newly improved and non-GM laser generator, no garages shall be set aflame. Although he did tell me to keep it away from any chinese related thing, he had some problems with a Chinese dude called Wufei once...

Oh no, @DCybertron's car is a panda-sponsored car! DC? Is asking for a sponsor change a difficult request to do? :scared:

Don't worry, happens to the best of us. ;)

Ok, glad to hear that the money has been put to good use, and no one was injured. And with Treize's newly improved and non-GM laser generator, no garages shall be set aflame. Although he did tell me to keep it away from any chinese related thing, he had some problems with a Chinese dude called Wufei once...

Oh no, @DCybertron's car is a panda-sponsored car! DC? Is asking for a sponsor change a difficult request to do? :scared:
Just tell him Panda Express isn't actually Chineese food, that should make everything fine. :sly:

Just tell him Panda Express isn't actually Chineese food, that should make everything fine. :sly:

Whew, that's a relief to hear, more for you than for me. I really refrain from speaking about China in his presence, he never enjoys hearing those words. Thank god it's traditional 'Murican food that is very Chinese-esque... :D

And before any of you ask, no, the laser will not target any TKU car. The last thing I want is to fry either my boss or my teammates. It's just something to give a minor boost... :sly:

Swift Autosport Press Conference
3137746.jpg

Tim Kourting after watching team owner Swift Smith have suck an amazing weekend at Armory Digital flew to Daytona to practice and qualify for the Napa Auto Parts 250. Tim went out on Thursday afternoon for final practice. He proceeded to post a 35.091 that was .166 seconds faster than second place female driver Quietgirl.

Michael Waltrip: Tim great job out there in final practice today. What did you and this #50 team do to make this Ford so fast?

Tim Kourting: Nothing really. The team put the car together in Charlotte at the shop and that's all. They unloaded the car and we got right to work. We sat out of the first practice while my teammate Smurfybug went out and practiced. He came back in and we all shared information.

MW: Has Smith given you any tips on how to get around Daytona?

TK: The most he told me was that I should keep my nose clean and try and relax.

MW: Thanks Tim. Good luck in qualifying.

TK: Thanks Michael

Late Friday night Smith showed up in Daytona ready to stand on the pit box and support both of his trucks racing in Daytona this weekend.

After being fastest in final practice Tim would go out last for qualifying.

Matt Yocum: I'm here with owner of Swift Autosport, Swift Smith. Smith after having such an amazing weekend in Armory Digital last weekend what are your hopes for both of your trucks this weekend?

Swift Smith: Well Matt I'm hoping they'll both run really well. I know that Tim was fastest in final practice last night. I'm also aware that Smurfy was 10th fastest. With knowing that I'm expecting them both to have great races.

MY: Any chance we could see you in one of these trucks?

SS: It could happen it's really up to what goes on in the first few races. I'd like to race a truck but for now I wanna see my drivers do what they can.

MY: It's Tim's turn to qualify next so I'll let you watch. Talk to you later Smith.

SS: Talk to you later Matt.

After Quietgirl went out and brought out the caution flag shortly after completing her up to speed lap. It took them 5 minutes to clean up the #23 truck and clean the track up. That meant it was Tim's turn. After scraping the wall staring his up to speed lap he managed to complete his second lap with a 34.608. That's .022 seconds slower than the pole position driver of Niku Driver HC with a time of 34.586.

Daniel Trotta: I'm here talking to Tim Kourting driver of the #50 Logan's Roadhouse Ford. Tim great job out there today. You qualified second just shy of taking the pole. Do you think hitting the wall on your opening lap had anything to do with not getting the pole?

TK: No I think the track was a little dirty in some spots. Plus I had the team loosen the truck up a little bit after final practice. So I think those two things were part of my problem. I just feel bad for the rest of this #50 team because they worked so hard to make this car fast and a mix of things out of there control cost us the pole.

DT: Do you think on the first caution of the race you'll have your team revert the car back to what it was?

TK: It'll all depend on how the track feels when the first pit stop comes around.

DT: Thanks Tim for taking the time to talk to us today.

TK: Glad to do it.

DT: Well there you have it folks. Tim Kourting is probably gonna be a driver to watch out for come tonight.

Back