Race Of Champions - Round 2

• Thread starter Jack
  • 90 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done, MAY ๐Ÿ‘
Nothing to be ashamed about, Cohiba. MAY is one of the best out there and almost impossible to beat.

Couldnt have said it better, no shame in losing to May at all. Congrats May and better luck next time to Cohiba. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for compliments guys. ๐Ÿ‘

Thomas you are being very humble... i think you could seen me more that only 2nd lap as you said :P you're a good player man ๐Ÿ‘

GTP_Tzayad v GTP_EDK

I had my races with GTP_Tzayad last night at 9 PM EST. We met in the GTP Online Racing Chat. GTP_JvM was also in the chat at the time, and was kind enough to offer to take up a grid position for our races.

First race, start was a litttle weird, looked to me like Tzayad was having trouble getting to the start grid. He was spinning donunts, I thought it might have been a controller issue or something. Although he was first on the grid I led out. I also thought it a bit odd that GTP_JvM was running out in front of me.

Anyhow, I led on first lap until the straight between Spoon and 130R, he got a run on me coming out of spoon. I was behind for the rest of the race, but ran some good times, some with the slip, and some after I was out of his slip, due to him finishing 4 seconds ahead. It was not until the finishing order came up on the screen that I noticed my PP was at 547. :dopey: Which, as it turns out, is what those guys were trying to tell me at the start. So, race 1 did not count, on to race 2.

Second race, Tzayad had trouble getting to the grid on time, so I left at 15 seconds and led out at the start of the race. If I remember correctly, I led until the same place as in race 1, then he passed and I followed. By lap 3, if I'm not mistaken, he had gained a fairly good margin of 3-4 seconds. But then we started to run into trouble with a couple of [ES] backmarkers in a Clio and an Elise. Tzayad got semi punted once, and nearly fully punted in the esses on lap 3 or 4. I waited and let him keep the lead. He still was able to rebuild a 4 second advantage by the end of the race.

Race 3, only Tzayad, JvM and I were on the grid. We agreed to start at 20 seconds, due to the issues with making it to the grid in the prior race. Tzayad led out, and I managed to stay within a couple seconds of him until lap 3. Lap 3, turn 1, I had a small off (No spin, 2 wheels off) and lost a couple more seconds. Lap 3, turn 1, I had a major off, spun the car, finally got back on, but by then had lost loads of time. Then, to add insult to injury, there was still apparently some sand on my tires at Dunlop, and I ran off again. :ouch: By then, I was more than 30 seconds behind, even considered parking up, but I went ahead and finished out the race. Well, not quite finished, the 30 second timer got the best of me. :grumpy:

I ran some of my best, most consistent online lap times during these races, with the obvious exceptions already mentioned. I would say my average lap was in the high 2:18's, with a hotlap below 2:18.5. All of that was at least 0.5 better than I have run in any of the practice sessions.

I say all this to state that I ran about as well as I could have expected to, and GTP_Tzayad was just faster and more consistent that me.

He was a great competitor and fully deserves the win.

Well done, Adam, and good luck to you in the rest of the event. ๐Ÿ‘

:cheers:
Kevin

EDK
GTP_Tzayad v GTP_EDK

He was a great competitor and fully deserves the win.

Well done, Adam, and good luck to you in the rest of the event. ๐Ÿ‘

:cheers:
Kevin

Great write up Kev, unlucky mate. Congrats to Adam. ๐Ÿ‘

:lol: that 1st race make me rofl.. i thought it was a bad connection while reading :P congrats Adam ;) next round you have a hard one whatever is the result.. wish you good luck ๐Ÿ‘

Board update from this weekend's racing - Click Here

Please be aware that the deadline date has been extended:

Time Frame:

• All races must take place no later than Thursday, April 30th, 2009 at 11:59 pm GMT. You must send a PM to me (Jack) with your race result before that date and time.
  • And all races MUST be complete before the deadline.
  • If you are unable to make contact with the driver you are paired against, PM me (Jack) with the details, at least 48 hours prior to the event deadline.
  • Failure to agree a date & time (Or make contact according to the procedure above) before the deadline will result in disqualification.
  • Please be aware that there may be an Online Event Update on the 30th, so please dont leave it until the last minute.

Although I have extended the date, please still dont leave the racing to the last minute. There may well be an online event update during this day / on the day. There will not be another car / track combo set for people who dont race. Please dont leave it till the last minute.

Great write up guys, many congratulations to the winners, i have a feeling Bruno is going to make it 2 championships in 2 months!

Thomas, your write up had me laughing my ass off, terrific sense of humour you have, but again you were racing one of the best int he world and your performance was far from lacking, you are to be congratulated ๐Ÿ‘

But seriously, hilarious write up :lol:

All the best
Maz

Zocker16_GTRP vs. GTP_aussienicko
2:1

Fast and fair races realy close most of the time only one mistake decided at the end.
๐Ÿ‘ for nicko.

Congrats on the win Zocker. Bad luck Nick, you faced a tough opponent. I spectated some of the races and Race 1 was very close.

GTRP_Hyper Vs. GTP_rpm

Race 1

I hosted the game, with only one other player. He was a tagged member and I think he got what we were doing, so pulled off half way around lap 1. Hyper's pace straight away was very impressive and much faster than I was hoping for. I did my best to keep close, but he didn't make any mistakes. He dragged me to a 2'17.6xx. We traded places a couple of times and it ended up with me heading towards 130R upfront on the last lap, Hyper dragged me and just made it around the outside, little bit of contact but it worked. He held the chicane well, 1-0 Hyper.

Race 2

A few more people in this race, Hyper didn't get to his line in time but I had - So I went anyway. I think he was unsure whether he should have gone to start on 2nd, perhaps? Either way, I think I led most of the way and I think doing that is definately better at this combo. I struggled in the dirty air as did Hyper I think. I managed to get a little gap and Hyper spun at Spoon. I had to fight with an Italian, also in an NSX first but eventually I got to the line with plenty of time. 1-1

Race 3

Similar amount of people, Hyper on pole got away well and I followed closely. After finding out I struggled sitting in second, I decided to pass as soon as possible. We must have traded places 6 or 7 times, really was a great race. We got through the traffic ok. Every time I seemed to get a lead, Hyper could claw it back. It stayed like this for the last couple of laps and I just had enough of a lead out of Spoon on the final lap, so that going down towards 130R me and Hyper were side by side, me on the inside. He half yeilded, this time no contact and as I went round the corner Hyper spun on the grass, just next to the curb. Was very thrilling. 2-1 rpm

Thanks for the races Hyper, any other day it'd of been yours. Was a pleasure racing you - make sure you enter any other future championships on GTPlanet ๐Ÿ‘

GTRP_Hyper 1 - 2 GTP_rpm

Congrats rpm :cheers: Nice job coming back from being down 1-0...I had to do the same thing :lol:

Sounds like you guys had an exciting battle ๐Ÿ‘

Great Thx to GTP_rpm for the exciting races yesterday! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

It was a great evening yesterday and a pleasure for me to race with him. :cheers:
He did all 3 races without any mistake! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

So the better man wins in this races, there was no luck necessary for him! ๐Ÿ‘

Thx also to Jack, for this great competition!

Good luck GTP_rpm for the next round(s)! :)

GTP_mad94d Vs GTRP_Madforce
Race 1
I took the pole and lead into turn 1. MADFORCE followed through the lap very closely. Down the back straight MADFORCE went into the lead but going through 130R dropped a wheel onto the astro turf, spun. While this is happening i'm thinking "Yes! I've won." Not noticing that he is spinning across the track in front of me.:lol: He hit the rear of my car sent me into a slide across the grass. This changed my thought to "NO! I've lost". Luckily we both got out of it, we both saved the car(I don't know how) and continued on like nothing happened.:D The rest of the race we nose to tail switching places every straight pretty much.
On lap 5 I took the lead down the back straight heading into 130R. I lead coming out of Casio but had a sideways moment which gave MADFORCE a big run on me. There was also a backmarker, I went for the outside, MADFORCE to the inside. The backmarker blocked me a bit and MADFORCE won. I wouldn't of won that even if the backmarker wasn't there. He had to much of a run on me.

0-1 MADFORCE

Race 2
This time MADFORCE started from pole. I decided to go for a move at turn 1, MADFORCE stayed on the outside. We were side by side out of turn 1. Into the first corner of 'the esses' I turned across him a bit, there was contact which sent my car wide of the apex. But MADFORCE being the gentlemen he is let me rejoin in the lead.
On Lap 3(I think), we came across a backmarker in an M3. I passed him with no trouble. MADFORCE got stuck behind for one corner and then passed him going into turn 1. While that was happening down the main straight I was too busy watching the battle and missed my braking marker and dropped two wheels off at turn 1. Luckily I re-joined the circuit still in the lead. But this mistake brought MADFORCE back into contention. We stayed nose to tail switching places the entire race.
On Lap 5, I led going onto the back straight, MADFORCE passed me for the lead and managed to hold it together through 130R. Through Casio his car was wide of the apex resulting in a sideways moment coming off Casio onto the final stretch. I capitalised and got a much better exit, but ruined it by tapping the rear of MADFORCE on the run to the line.:ouch:

0-2 MADFORCE

Congrats MADFORCE, I had great fun tonight. The racing was so fast, close and most importantly clean. Good luck in the future rounds mate.๐Ÿ‘

thanks to you madison, ive enjoyed the races ๐Ÿ‘

you are the youngest super fast driver i know, we will have a lot of fun in the years to come :D

pay attention to your race madison not to others battles... :ouch: bad luck in both races.. i know that MADFORCE is a super fast racer though ๐Ÿ‘ congrats MADFORCE and good luck on the next rounds :cheers:

IRT_NissmanR32 vs. GTRP_RudiRaser 0:2

Race 1:

Rudi was on pole, nice clean start, I take the lead in the first corner and then make a stupid mistake in Casio at the of 1st lap.
Rudi takes the lead of about 2 sec and that stayed the same till the end,Rudi wins.

Race 2:

Me on pole, again clean start not much traffic, I was leading much of the race, Rudi passed me once or twice, then on the last lap we went side by side in 130R, had a little touch and it got me ramming penalty.After the race we agree for a repeat.

Race 2 (Repeat)

Almost the same race as the previus one, me leading most of the way, Rudi behind me waiting to attack.Coming in to lap 5 I was in the lead rudi half a second behind, he got my draft going into 130R sliped on the inside, braked late for Casio and that was that classic suzuka overtake.Rudi wins 2:0

Great racing with you Rudi as always, best of luck in the next rounds:tup:

Yes, our pace was not the fastest, as soon as I saw the NSX was gonna be the car in round 2, I knew it was gonna be hard to advance.
I really cant get the hang of this car:ouch:

Congratulations Madforce and Rudi R.

Will there be a video from the Nissman-Rudi race?

GTP_DHolland vs SA_Joylord

I had my battle with SA_Joylord this morning, was very tired only had 3 hours sleep but I pushed on, race 1 was uneventful, believe I led from start to finish, won with a comfortable margine, 1-0

race 2 was a similar situation, me passing Joy early on and building a handy lead, but approaching the chcikane on lap 4 I put a wheel on the grass braking for it, and was sent off in the worst possible place, stuck in this little barrier enclosure, was pretty much trapped and had to reverse out, lost around 40 seconds, decided to just resign and beached it for the remainder of the race, 1-1.

race 3 was a bit weird, I was host but on lap 1 or 2, Joylord just stopped racing, beaching his car just before T1, I continued on and ended up winning the race, I guess you must have given up hey? dunno, whatever the case it was a clear win for me as there was no connection problems. GTP_DHolland 2-SA_Joylord 1

Thanks man, tough luck for you, running into Madforce round 2 was very unfortunate, all credit to you Madforce, a class act as always;) It appears as though both races were ultra tight, just curious as to what sort of lap times you 2 were pulling out during the 10 laps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back