Race Of Decades - Round 3 Specifics

• Thread starter DGiant2000
  • 52 comments
England
Emerging from semi-retirement
GTP_DGiant2000
I think not
Please read the following info carefully!!!

The Hunter and the Prey​

bmwconcept1seriestii1lg.jpg

Vs

2006bmwz4mcoupe04m.jpg

This round consists of a two race head to head, one where you are the ‘hunter and one where you are the prey. The prey has a head start and the object of the hunter is to catch and pass their prey, before they start the final lap .

Vehicle Specifics:

Hunter:
Make:BMW Concept 1
Power: 0
Weight: 89%
Tyres: S3
Aids: Optional
Tuning: Allowed
pp: 550

Prey

Make: BMW Z4
Power: 0
Weight : 101%
Tyres: S3
Aids: Optional
Tuning: Allowed
pp:500

Race Specifics:
This round consists of 2 races with each competitor racing once as both the hunter and the prey. Please contact your opponent to arrange a race time and decide which order you wish to run the races in. Pairings can be fond here. Races do not have to be run on the same day. At the start of the race, please move to the side of the track to allow the public race to start. Competitors should then proceed to the start/finish line and await the start of the race. The prey (in the Z4) should start on exactly 30sand the hunter should wait and start on exactly 60 seconds. Individual racers are responsible for getting their car to the start at the scheduled race time.
In order to win, the hunter must catch and pass the prey before the prey starts lap 5. The prey must simply avoid being passed by this time. Standard OLR rules apply.

As this event is a best of 2, a draw is possible. In the event of this happening, the winner will be decided by means of a hotlap at fuji 800pp in the car of their choice, tuning and tyre choice is personal preference as long as 800pp is met. Competitors will be required to save their best lap and post a replay in this thread for verification.

Deadline for completion of races is Thursday the 26th of November 11:59 GMT in lone with the scheduled update.

Please feel free to discuss practise laptimes and setups and I would encourage people to do so (although laptimes for the fuji hotlap should not be discussed, T1 and T2 splits are allowed). I will post my Z4 setup later and Paulie has an excellent tune for the concept 1 at TLD.

Overall, we hope you enjoy this round and have fun!!

Phillip and Andy

Last edited:
Mate, I'll be on very soon, this should be a right laugh!

Great stuff Andy, i think everybody should have fun with this too. 👍

Phillip.

If anybody would like to have fun and race in this your welcome, you can join us in the fantastic chat facility we have here at GTP. But please don’t race on scheduled race times found on the Race Events page for Suzuka.

Last edited:
Great stuff Andy, and thanks for peeping me into the round 3 specs beforehand :cool:
I'll contact KAM to agree on a race meeting.

Fun stuff!!

EDIT apparently Ands hasn't posted his Z4 tune yet so I'll start off by using Paulie's settings which are probably fine as well as usual :)

Last edited:
How do you tune the Hunter (Bmw Concept 1) to 550pp. Its at 554pp on s3 tyres? Sounds like fun cant wait to get started. 👍

Sorry Devie, weight should be 89%, not 85%, can't read my own notes! Have ammended the first post to make it correct.

I really love this idea buddies. But one thing though. Maybe its an idea to race untill the last lap? This makes the pass easier to see for those who dont use the side mirrors

Well done guys

You guys did the math pretty good. 👍 (if the cars run the same lap times)

I did some testing once, what the diffrence will be between 10PP i came up with 0.9% a lap. Once you know that, you can start calculating.

Last edited:
What does the ti stand for (Totally Inept)

Suzuka Hunter and Prey

GTP_Eriba | T1 1'01.262 | T2 1'52.581 | BMW Concept 1 series ti 07| Group forties/over | Wheel

GTP_Eriba | T1 1'03.939 | T2 1'58.931 | BMW Z4 Red Convertable| Group forties/over | Wheel

Now do I think it's going to be 1-1 against Chris, I don't think so.

Fuji Hot lap

GTP_Eriba | T1 19.751| T2 50.446 | Dodge Viper str 10 tuned | Group forties/over | Wheel

Phillip.

Last edited:
Last evening we had two tryouts in the Tii (Phil, Cal and me). Great fun, and I wasn't even the only one that ditched the beamer now and then :)
Good experience for the hunter & hunted race.

Thanks for the fun guys 👍

Last evening we had two tryouts in the Tii (Phil, Cal and me). Great fun, and I wasn't even the only one that ditched the beamer now and then :)
Good experience for the hunter & hunted race.

Thanks for the fun guys 👍

Yes good fun Steven.

thats why I said does ti stand for (totally inept) think i went off 10 times in 10 laps. :ouch:

Phillip.

Yes good fun Steven.

thats why I said does ti stand for (totally inept) think i went off 10 times in 10 laps. :ouch:

Phillip.
Good! Perhaps we meet somewhere in the competition so I can make you loose face again my friend :lol:

Thanks again for the fun 👍

That car is a great driver, I even managed to go around Suzuka with TCS off after Aresh convinced me it swallows up so much power, even at =1.

Suzuka Hunter and Prey

GTP_DEVIE |T1: 1'00.425 | T2: 1'51.588 | Bmw Concept 1 Ti | Group Twenties | Wheel |

GTP_DEVIE |T1: 1'03.344 | T2:1'58.119 | Bmw Z4 Coupe | Group Twenties | Wheel |

Fuji Hot Lap

GTP_DEVIE | T1: 19.143 | T2: 49.522| Nissan GTR 07 (777pp) | Group Twenties | Wheel

I must be a total arse but do I understand correctly that for the current round we have to do both the hunter & hunted race AND a hotlap at Fuji 800?

Also, it is unclear whether to post split times or lap times, and if I am expected to keep them in Luxy?

I must be a total arse but do I understand correctly that for the current round we have to do both the hunter & hunted race AND a hotlap at Fuji 800?

Also, it is unclear whether to post split times or lap times, and if I am expected to keep them in Luxy?

Andy is saying that this round is a two race H2H round, if the result is a 1-1 then the decider is a hot lap Fuji 800pp. But you only need do the Fuji if the result from the Hunter/Prey is a draw.

Lap/Split Times are not compulsory, just nice to see everyone interacting.

I for one hope you keep the record going. 👍

I only put splits down as that is what you deal with more than full lap times, but we can add full lap time if you wish, as you know we're still testing the water with our first event.

Phillip.

Thanks Phil, I'll try the Fuji hotlap just to be sure in my favorite weapon of choice. Tonight I'll be having my race against KAMI - maybe both of them even.

Here is my tune for the Z4, sorry for the delay!

101%
S3 S3

-30 -28
6 4
2 1
-0.12 +0,10
1.6 1.3
6 4

30 (obviously needs to be higher for wheel users)
off

I have arranged to run my races with vrrm on Saturday Nov 21st but I injured my arm this past week - I doubt it will heal in time before the update so I might have to DQ myself. Had some great fun in this one so far so I'm hoping for a miracle. :)

I have arranged to run my races with vrrm on Saturday Nov 21st but I injured my arm this past week - I doubt it will heal in time before the update so I might have to DQ myself. Had some great fun in this one so far so I'm hoping for a miracle. :)

nothing too serious we hope. As for me I'm sure we can work something out .... I don't mind a race after the update, but then, it's not up to me.

Hope you mend quickly & without difficulty along the way.

Rob

Hope you recover soon and well LP 👍

Tried to match the cat and dog race with KAMI yesterday evening, while Phil, Andy and Maz were around to spectate. Unfortunately after a trifold attempt we didn't succeed :guilty: Sunday next try.

I'm home from work and I'l be waiting for Steven with my Bimmers. ;)

The time difference and matching issues havent exactly been friendly to us :ouch: hopefully we will have better luck this time
It is difficult thats for sure. How many hours difference is there between South Africa and Australia? That way i can get a better idea when you would be playing. It would be good to get it over and done with. Do we also have to race the other guys in our group or must we race first because we are paired up together? sorry for all the questions. :)

It is difficult thats for sure. How many hours difference is there between South Africa and Australia? That way i can get a better idea when you would be playing. It would be good to get it over and done with. Do we also have to race the other guys in our group or must we race first because we are paired up together? sorry for all the questions. :)

Its about 10hrs I think. I'm generally racing now this time. So it must be early morning for you now. Not sure if you able to race during the week in the morning. I think we just race anyone in our group :confused:

Back