Race Of Decades - Round 3 Specifics

• Thread starter DGiant2000
  • 52 comments
I'm home from work and I'l be waiting for Steven with my Bimmers. ;)
Chris and I tried 4 or 5 times to match but with no succes 👎

We're going to try one more night and if nothing happens again we might have to try to find a partner who lives on the same side of the atlantic ...

:grumpy:

Reading through some of the feed back, it looks like there are some matching issues with this new PSN update giving rise to connection problems.

If this is the case I don’t mind if you pick other opponents in your group, anything to make life easy and the game fun, so long as you both agree just let me know who races who.

Please post your replies in the thread not PM, this way everyone can see the new pairings.

If you can’t complete this round before next PD update we can always run over , as Lin is out of action at the moment, CT can only race at given times and one or two are under the weather. Throw in the connection problems and we have a mix for disaster for this round.

Hang in there guys you’ve all done a fantastic job making the event work so far, after all your hard work it will be nice to watch the grand final with the outright winner from each decade battling it out.

Sorry about the connection problems but that’s out of my hands.
I think that’s about covered all the feed back.

Phillip.

Just tried again wiuth Steven a couple of times with no success. Sorry guys. :(

Would Steven and I have had a better chance of connecting if we raced at Suzuka in the Intermediate PP800 event?

I'd like to swap partners for round III, which would mean I would race Philip and Chris would race Stonemonkey. But that would probably only delay the problem as Stonemonkey isn't US based either ...
Philip, what to do?

TORC_Stonemonkey (Chris) looks like he’s still out of action, get well soon Chris be great to see you back racing soon. 👍

Chris and I were hoping to race this past weekend but looks like Chris is not well enough, so I’m open to race anyone from our group.

Phillip.

OK Philip let's agree to meet on track tomorrow evening ok?
Too bad the matching process is so cumbersome these days ...

That was a lot of fun yesterday, Phil! And nice that Hai jumped in to watch as well. I had you in my tii only in the final chicane ... 0.2 difference at the s/f I believe :)
Tonight it's your turn to beat me back and then we can start hotlapping @ Fuji, perhaps together for some more fun?

👍

LinPark & I have not been able to link up and I am about to move house which may mean no internet for 10 days or so. Sorry to put a spoke in the competitions works.

LinPark & I have not been able to link up and I am about to move house which may mean no internet for 10 days or so. Sorry to put a spoke in the competitions works.

Thats ok Rob if its allright with everyone else as well, it will give Lin's arm time to repair and hopefully get back to racing again. Get well soon Lin.

I dont mind running over, be nice to see the final with the top driver from each group battling it out.

That was a lot of fun yesterday, Phil! And nice that Hai jumped in to watch as well. I had you in my tii only in the final chicane ... 0.2 difference at the s/f I believe :)
Tonight it's your turn to beat me back and then we can start hotlapping @ Fuji, perhaps together for some more fun?

👍

I'll do my best to make it a hotlap decider, but you know my track record in this tii thingy I'll have to dust the sand off from my last effort.

Phillip.

I'll do my best to make it a hotlap decider, but you know my track record in this tii thingy I'll have to dust the sand off from my last effort.
Well I have a reputation for being captainslow so I'd say our chances are equal at best for me :)

Never say die chaps, that's the way :lol:

Watch him Steven, he's getting quick with that wheel of his!

Well we raced tonight and he overtook me a whole lap earlier than I did him yesterday. Well done Philip 👍

So now it's hotlapping around Fuji. We agreed to choose the F430 on full spec for a test and do a race tomorrow (or see who's lap is fastest). Lots of fun, wheelspin and oversteer-if-you-hit-the-grass-in-a-high-speed-corner :D

On paper the race doesn’t look much but the combination is good fun, you have to drive both flat out the Z4 being under power has to be on the ragged edge :scared: all the time to hold off the faster BMW tii.

Lap one was ok but laps 2/3 were by my standard blistering, fastest two laps I've done in the BMW tii so I was soon in sight of Steven in the Z4. Tricky little thing that Z4 and I think Steven had one or two moments with it which allowed me to close the gap pretty quick.

Good race Steven, think you were a bit quicker than me last night in the F430 round Fuji, so I’ll have to put my socks up, (thoughts of Simon cowell come to mind).

Phillip.

Last night Philip and I decided to meet on-track for a deciding run after we finished equal in the cat and mouse race (tii vs. Z4, 1-1). He kindly let me choose the combo from the new online races. I picked the Audi TT @ HSR on S1 tyres.
We matched the first instance and took off after the 30 sec. mark. I took the lead and kept it for about 1 lap, then I lost control, hit a wall, spun and returned behind him on pace. For some reason I managed to overtake him and kept the lead until the end of the 5th lap. Afterward he told me he lost control near the tunnel causing him some delay.
I didn't feel too good about my 'win' as I had a foul lap and also because it felt like he had held back, but gentleman Philip disagreed and wouldn't hear of it.

Thanks for the race mate, a pleasure as always to smell your exhaust :)

It was a good race Steven, sorry I could not have put up more of a fight my own fault spending to much time on M3 at Fuji, went into the race at HSR cold with default setup on S1 tires could not match your speed out of the last corner which is a big disadvantage as your playing catch up all the time round the back section.

After you had a coming together with the barrier I thought this could be my chance, then over cooked it in the bends just before the tunnel lost the back end a little and you were on top of me again, went to wide into last bend, again, and you were gone.

Well done Steven I think the 4x4 and HSR suit you very well you had great pace. 👍

Phillip.

I was wondering about the progress of Round 3. If and when the overview sheet containing the results so far would be updated, we'd know where we stand now.

Hopefully Phil or Andy can find the time for it so we can move on 👍

I was wondering about the progress of Round 3. If and when the overview sheet containing the results so far would be updated, we'd know where we stand now.

Hopefully Phil or Andy can find the time for it so we can move on 👍

Good point! I had almost forgotten about this thing even happening :lol:. I think I still need to do hunter and prey, but need to read back into it first, too.

So much for race of decades. Whats going on?? :confused:

As this round was not completed by a number of members on the run up to Christmas, with injuries, illness and other life’s little pleasures it throws at us, we thought it time to pick up where we left off.

If you look here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124266

I’m sure with what Andy has come up with you’ll enjoy this round in place of the last. The standing are still the same which you can find your pairings here.

http://www.eviemae.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interest.htm

Please do your best to contact your opponent in good time to complete before next PD update.

If I have not already said so, I hope you all have a good and prosperous 2010.

Phillip.

Back