ABS: 1
Gears: 1st: 3.240
2nd: 2.090
3rd: 1.710
4th: 1.381
5th: 1.093
6th: 0.848
Final: 3.545

I hope this set-up is of help to you guys,i think it would be far from perfect as i didn't spend much time on the tune and its just tuned to my preference and driving style. Theres also a knack to using the short gearing,but im sure you guys will work it out. As for my best lap of 1'34.001,that was done in Free air In-Race so i wasnt able to save it. This replay is 1'34.221 and as you will see wasn't a perfect lap.

Racing Crazytortise tomorrow morning(Saturday 16th) around 9 am Australian time,so just come to online racing chat then for anyone who wants to watch.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7002.zip
    102.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Devie! :)
Keen on looking into your replay, and I'll try your setup, too. 2 tenth or so I can see coming off my lap (had some very sloppy moments in my .6 lap, especially exit hairpin 6 e.g.), but such low 34s? hmmmm.
Your gears are going to be interesting to try as well. My setup involves plenty of up and down shifting, but I think its necessary as I don't feel this car having copious amounts of torque. Will be good to see what you came up with there 👍

Tonight at midnight my time (GMT +2) we will be showing AUSTRALIA vs SOUTH AFRICA.

Feel free to come watch. Will be in early having some warm up races if anyone wants to join.

Tonight at midnight my time (GMT +2) we will be showing AUSTRALIA vs SOUTH AFRICA.

Feel free to come watch. Will be in early having some warm up races if anyone wants to join.

You guys can bet I'll be there! :D If matching allows that is....
Seeya on the chat iin any case though! 👍

Well what can I say. We had our race, were side by side for 3 laps then I put it wide on the final turn and got a penalty :D From then on there was no way of closing the gap. Congrats Devie :cheers:

Here is my new best lap in free run done while practicing for my race with GTP_Crazytortise for ROD this morning. 1'33.873 :)

Results: Race of Decades Round 4:

1st) GTP_DEVIE
2nd) GTP_Crazytortise

Congratulations Crazytortise,bit of bad luck,but thats racing :)

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    125.1 KB · Views: 10
Here is my new best lap in free run done while practicing for my race with GTP_Crazytortise for ROD this morning. 1'33.873 :)

Shocking pace mate!👍
Should I, I mean should I progress through to the final I know who to be scared of :scared:

Congrats to your victory Devie, commiserations to Tortise for the mishap and loosing out this round, you hat a tough opponent!

Sorry double post, but I think my old post is old enough :lol:

Just had my race with Mr. Andy Davis.
It was a race of 4, Andy, Phillip as spectator and then this corvette....
After our wait Andy led the first lap from Pole until Sector 3 where he went a bit fast into the hairpin, coming wide, giving me opportunity to squeeze next to him going uphill in Sector 3. After this nice side by side action Andy let me take my line into the right hander, but then he blew me away on the straight into lap 2 of course, so into the second lap we went in the old order... And then the corvette starting mixing things up because he/she decided to wait for us to have some fun. Fast chap in the vette, and clean, so nothing to complain about really. It just took my concentration off the actual event a bit and I wished the Vette hadnt been there to be honest. Anyway, can't remember when and how I overtook Andy again precisely, but then both of us started dealing more with the Vette, me him, me him... And so things went on over a few laps, at the end I could go over the line first with a couple of secs lead to grab the golden pot.

Thanks for the race Andy:tup:
I especially enjoyed the close action we had in Sector 3 both showing respect, that is always special!

Looking forward to more racing with you mate! :cheers:

:cheers: congratulations to Ren, he drove a great race and I was glad I could hang with him enough to provide some good close racing moments. I'd echo Ren's sentiment about good clean racing with plenty of respect shown, as in a real race both drivers backed off when appropriate rather than making dangerous moves which could of comprimised the race for all involved 👍

Congratulation Heiko. 👍

Good win nice race to watch between yourself and Andy, shame the vette played along from time to time.

Congratulations to Andy too, on being second over all in the Thirties group ROD event,

Well, I knew it would eventually happen, I got my rear end handed to me by vrrm tonight. It was back and forth for about the first 3 or 4 laps then he got out in front and kept pulling away. I was turning in good laps in the low 1'35s but he still beat me by over 3 seconds. Congrats to him and please do your best to make us old timers look good in the finals. :cheers:

Thanks Lin,

My impression was of a very tight race for 6 - 7 laps then I managed to break the tow. Very close in first few laps and very fair.

The win was largely due to Devie's tune, thanks Steve, the close ratio gearbox is a treat. Made some changes to the suspension tune to suit my style and was doing low 1'35's, best lap in clear air during the race was a 1'34.7xx

Thanks again Lin, until next time.

Rob

Congratulations Rob and commiserations to Lin :cheers:

Looks like we're in for a great final, lets hope PD give us something special in the Thursday update to do it justice!

Last edited:
Back