• Thread starter DGiant2000
  • 33 comments
England
Emerging from semi-retirement
GTP_DGiant2000
I think not
Who will be 1st past the post?

In a race of Decades

Can the young ones cut the mustard / Are the old ones over the hill / or are the Middle Ages to complacent

introd.jpg

Teens / Twenties / Thirties / Forties and over​

Have you got what it takes to represent your decade in the ultimate race of the age groups? Or do you want to have some fun racing competitors from your age group?

This event is open to all GTPlanet members, including those who may never have participated in an event before, with the emphasis on good clean racing, and most importantly, having fun. In this event, you will race competitors in your own decade right through to the winner; the winner will than progress onto the race of decades; can you be top in your decade, are you worthy of the

Ultimate crown in a race of decades.

The race events will be a mixture of head to head and Time Trials. Competitors will be picked from a hat, they will not be rearranged if opponents drop out or get (DQ) for not making the dead lines or any other reason, in the event of this the opponent will receive a bye in this round. In the event of a three way battle, it will be head to head or time trial which ever is easier for the three competitors to do in the time frame.
Results will be posted here for competitors to watch how the event unfolds:

http://www.eviemae.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interest.htm

gt5gtrsrv3lxcvediti.gif
gt5gtrsrv3lxcvediti.gif

To take part in this event, please submit your entry via PM to dranddad with the title [race of decades entry submission] including you GTP username and the decade you qualify to represent in the following format:

Race of Decades entry submission
GTP_Eriba (forties/and over)

GTP_Canicutmustard (Teen’s) GTP_Imcomplacent (Twenties)
GTP_Complacentme (Thirties) GTP_Overthehill (forties/and over)

None tagged members, ie; members new and old that have not yet taken the qualifier please use the same format, but without the GTP_

Race of Decades entry submission;
Dranddad (forties/and over)

Deadline for submission is Wednesday 16th September 23:59 GMT

Have the oldies still got it, can the middle ages put the young ones in their place, or are the young ones just to good.

youragegroup.jpg

Good luck in this Ultimate race of the decades.
Contacts:

Phillip and Andy.
GTP_Eriba (Dranddad) GTP_DGiant2000 (andydavies297)

Please note that this is not an official GTP_Event, run by the (The OLR Admin Team)

UPDATE - Thanks for all who have signed up to represent their deacde in this inaugural event. The first round has been postponed until Thursday due to the anticipated online update which will make the timeframe tight for people organising and completing their races before this time (especially given the matching issues some have experienced). If you have not signed up and would still like to do so, please PM draddad asap to inform him of your intention. Thanks again for your support and patience with this - see you on track soon - Phillip and Andy

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest uk86ze, good to have you on board. Could you confirm your interest via a pm to dranddad so we can keep a track of all entrants? Many thanks

Andy

How could you turn down an event were age before beauty is such a state of mind. Signing in.

Trying to decide whether I should do it or not.... Not sure, I think I might but I will think about it over the coming days.;)

- Driving isn't childsplay -

You know you will sign up Madison, you have to defend the honour of the pre-school class :D

- Driving isn't childsplay -

You know you will sign up Madison, you have to defend the honour of the pre-school class :D

I am very tempted, and yes I know in the back of my head I probably will.:lol:

Not sure this oldie has still got it, but it sounds like a lot of fun :D

TORC_stonemonkey (forties/and over)

Not sure this oldie has still got it, but it sounds like a lot of fun :D

TORC_stonemonkey (forties/and over)

Thanks Stonemonkey for joining us.

Please could you follow the link and submit a pm to me, this will help me a lot in catrgorising everyone into the right age groups closer to the date.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119842 #1 post

please submit your entry via PM to dranddad with the title [race of decades entry submission]

Sorry to be a pain but it will make my life much easier.

All the best Phillip. 👍

A crazyhorse and a crazytortise :rolleyes: The world needs more crazy animals :sly: I might join in for this. It could be great. Hope theres alot of people in the fossil class :lol:

When mad94d and andyord08's daughter join the pre-school class we're done for CT :(
Also. Don't think. Just do it (join). Now.

How could I resist such a cool initiative set up by two of my (much faster) Div4 friends? PM'ing Philip now. Only hope that tracks will be picked that I like :)

Thanks Steven.

Sure will keep that in mind, I’m sure our entire seasoned member will sign up and support us.

But would love to see New Members to GTPlanet, plus members that have been here some time, but not yet come along and had some Fun in an event come sign up.

Teen’s come show us oldies how it’s done.

I’m sure there are more twenties itching to lay some rubber down on the track.

What can I say about the thirties, move over the oldies are coming through.

Oldies, come on we have a reputation to uphold here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119842

Thanks to all who have signed up for the Event so far, let’s have more follow the link post #1

Phillip.

Funny thing is, by the deadline of the submission I'm still 19, but 2 weeks later I'm 20 :) Teens or Twenties...

I'm in but I'm not saying my age group yet. Of course, the car in my avatar kinda gives it away. :lol:

PM sent.

I have 1 month left to represent the teens. I'll give it my best! Gambare!!

Last edited:
Sounds like a good ole time, count me in, 19 year old signing in. (ノ´∀`*)ノ

5 days left to sign up, looks like us older members are ahead in the numbers stakes, come on you younger members, don't you want to show the old fogies what you've got!!!!

Latest Posts

Back