Race Penalties - Way to light or am I missing something?

• Thread starter Kring
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
I’ve been playing GT7 now for a few weeks, learning how, now trying to work my way up the online rankings, I’m currently @ DR/SR of C/S but I think I’m at a plateau because everyone around this level cheats, I can barely finish a race not in last place even though I start 1st or 2nd everytime. It seems everyone either rams you before a turn or takes the inside and pushes you out… the net result is I loose a few places and about 10 seconds, they only get between no penalty and the max I’ve ever seen given out is 3 sec, most the time it’s just 2 sec…. And a good amount of time I hit the wall so I end up with a barrier penality of 1.5 sec…

Am i missing something, or basically is the entire online racing incentivized to cheat? Seems it’s worth it, a couple push offs only cost you a few seconds in penalties but you can take out 5 people in front of you easily. and on the last lap, you can go nuts and take everyone out because it never enforces penalties on the last have of the the final lap.

Oh and the kicker is, for me getting run off the road repeatedly - MY DR goes down.

Does it ever get better or fairer or worse as you move up?

Last edited:
I hear ya they need to be stiffer I was I the daily race today and there were guy that seemed to intentionally ramming people

I hear ya they need to be stiffer I was I the daily race today and there were guy that seemed to intentionally ramming peop
I hear ya they need to be stiffer I was I the daily race today and there were guy that seemed to intentionally ramming people
On a side note I'm entered into the manufacturer championship and the GTWS championship and it the same guys trying to pass on the outside on a hair pin they can't make it so turn into you to slow them self down.....I would.put in a formal protest but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that

I’ve been playing GT7 now for a few weeks, learning how, now trying to work my way up the online rankings, I’m currently @ DR/SR of C/S but I think I’m at a plateau because everyone around this level cheats, I can barely finish a race not in last place even though I start 1st or 2nd everytime. It seems everyone either rams you before a turn or takes the inside and pushes you out… the net result is I loose a few places and about 10 seconds, they only get between no penalty and the max I’ve ever seen given out is 3 sec, most the time it’s just 2 sec…. And a good amount of time I hit the wall so I end up with a barrier penality of 1.5 sec…

Am i missing something, or basically is the entire online racing incentivized to cheat? Seems it’s worth it, a couple push offs only cost you a few seconds in penalties but you can take out 5 people in front of you easily. and on the last lap, you can go nuts and take everyone out because it never enforces penalties on the last have of the the final lap.

Oh and the kicker is, for me getting run off the road repeatedly - MY DR goes down.

It doesn’t get any better I’m afraid, people with A and S at the moment have rammers which surprises me as you would of thought these drivers are decent , needs sorting or it will die a death

It shames me to see in the GTWS Manufacturer Cup tonight that the guy in p12 would not move after blue flag and took out guy in 2nd trying to pass I think the penalty for that be disqual!!!!!

It continues to be frustrating, there basically is just a reward for ramming and running people off. besides the minor 2 sec penalty they take, their rating doesn't even go down. I see a few of these characters back again the next day doing the same thing with the same rating.

the game is amazing, such a shame it's grossly tarnished by such an incentivized cheating system.

Last edited:
Now I think I have seen everything today's daily race at Brands Hatch I start a P2 first corner a couple of rubs but still in good position next right I'm T boned and passed knocked back to P5 as I catch up I notice a car in front of me has 17:00 sec of penalty time ...like how the he'll do you do that?

Race elbows out

Back