Race Pod - Fully Enclosed

GTP_Joeninety_ (TT-R Driver)
What do you do if you only have limited space in the house and setting up a race seat and wheel in front of the TV is not really an option.

Well you build a fully enclosed race pod complete with a door!
Spec's
MDF Box sitting on roller castors for eazy shifting.
Sound proofed interior.
Adjustable race seat.
Wheel - G25
Inverted pedal rack
Sound system - 5.1 Onki with optical link
Active subwoofer
HDMI LCD monitor
Keyboard
Headset & mic.
Interior light LED strips
Forced air ventilation.
PS2 & PS3 hooked in.
Designed to fit thru a standard door frame.
Weight- not sure yet (120kg)

Once you close the door you are in the "ZONE".

Attachments

• IMGA0338.JPG
    IMGA0338.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,401
  • IMGA0312.JPG
    IMGA0312.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,332
  • IMGA0320.JPG
    IMGA0320.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,251
  • IMGA0330.JPG
    IMGA0330.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,214
  • IMGA0333.JPG
    IMGA0333.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,269
Last edited:
if you have -like you mentioned- limited space in your house,where do you store that thing ??...

spyrrari.

if you have -like you mentioned- limited space in your house,where do you store that thing ??...

spyrrari.

It sit's up against the wall pictured there.
Well I know some of you find this sort of stuff "over the top" but this was the only way that I could play the game like it should be - loud without disturbing the family.
Everybody can still do there thing and I don't have to setup everytime I want to race - just hop in and go.

It sit's up against the wall pictured there.
Well I know some of you find this sort of stuff "over the top" but this was the only way that I could play the game like it should be - loud without disturbing the family.
Everybody can still do there thing and I don't have to setup everytime I want to race - just hop in and go.

👍👍

spyrrari.

I have one of those. It is atleast 4 feet bigger than yours and has a bed inside. My parents call it the cave but my friends call it a room.

I love it.

More pictures please. I have been working on designs the past few years, (both open and enclosed) and this would give me some good ideas for the enclosed cockpit.

It's taking me so long because it will be a fully welded aluminum frame with foam/leather covered fiberglass panels. This will keep it light, strong, and nearly soundproof. Yet, I want to be sure before I start welding everything together. Not to mention the cost.

So..... More pictures if you please.

;)

Looks good but doesn´t it get insanely hot? I can see how it can be practical and a good way to hide cables. I hope you have locks on the door so no little sisters or brothers can terrorize you too :D

i might get the monocoque from a '98 Corolla, furnish the interior, and make THAT my racing cockpit(no, GTP_joeninety, i am NOT 1-upping you).

Hi. Thank you for the response. Did not expect to be sitting in the home page!

"Does it get hot?" - you beat! - so does a race car.
but the fans that sit overhead and at my feet are on speed controls so you can keep cool if you want to. To be honest it just add's another sense to the experience.

As for being divorced for building it. Well it was a hard sell to my wife! The kids love to use it as well.

Hope the photo's are ok :):)

Attachments

• IMGA0367.JPG
    IMGA0367.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 477
  • IMGA0360.jpg
    IMGA0360.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 501
  • IMGA0359.jpg
    IMGA0359.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 484
  • IMGA0357.jpg
    IMGA0357.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 546
  • PICT0029_2.jpg
    PICT0029_2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 467
Hi. Thank you for the response. Did not expect to be sitting in the home page!

"Does it get hot?" - you beat! - so does a race car.
but the fans that sit overhead and at my feet are on speed controls so you can keep cool if you want to. To be honest it just add's another sense to the experience.

As for being divorced for building it. Well it was a hard sell to my wife! The kids love to use it as well.

Hope the photo's are ok :):)

nutter !! lol 👍

Top stuff Joe, I can appreciate were your coming from when you say that you can now just hop in and race, because constantly setting up is a little on the annoying side.
Probably one of the greatest things is now you can have it louder without disturbing anyone's peace.:D The Sounds of GT like the Mine's GT-R are must be at least half volume, that car sounds amazing. Give it go for me will ya.;)👍
...Maybe you could fit a camera in there for movies? Take it easy Joe.
Rusty*

That is brilliant Joe, My lady goes nuts at the fact my PS3 is set up in the living room as it is.

I can't imagine what she would say if I did said. "It's alright duck, I will stick it against the wall". :sly:

I do have a spare garage that I was supposed to of been setting up a pool / summer house in. I have just had an idea. HHHMMMMM PS3. 💡

That makes you the most devoted person to full immersion into a game I've ever seen. I'm turning green with envy

That seems like a great idea! I know exactly what you mean, with the wife complaining about "that toy you play with"(gt of course) all the time this would be a great addition to any home.

Any chance you could give a rough schematic of that thing Joe? I might build something like that myself but with 2 seats for split screen fun?

steve30x Any chance you could give a rough schematic of that thing Joe? I might build something like that myself but with 2 seats for split screen fun?

Yeah for sure. I have a whole lot of sketches I did when building it.Will take some photos of those and post them here.
I built it this size so it would be portable. Fits thru the door and into the van but if you have room to make a double it would be sweet!

Latest Posts

Back