[RACE07] Super Touring Shoot-out (CLOSED)

France
Nantes
P308R
2015 Super Touring Shoot-out

Welcome to all the Super Touring lovers. This small competition was setup to relive and celibrate those beautiful years in Super Touring Car racing. Many have enjoyed watching those races at the famous circuits in Britain. Who remembers the battle between Thompson and Plato at Oulton Park, Nigel Mansell's epic drive at Donington. Patrick Watts who fought Rydell at Oulton Park, Aiello and Plato at Knockhill and the legendary finally in '92 at Silverstone.

People are very welcome to join. The shoot-outs will last 2 weeks. Within this time-period people have to weeks to submit their time. Discussing, sharing tips and tricks are also very welcome.

Interested? Read below and participate :gtpflag:

What do I need:
  • STEAM
  • Race07 €2,99 (game)
  • STCC €1,99 (add on)
  • STCC2 €2,99 (add on)
Which Mods are required:

You will need to create an account with nogripracing.com to be able to download the mods. Downloading from here means you will also have the latest version. There is a max of 100 MB per day so be aware when you start downloading the mods.

The Super Touring mods find it's source at RaceDepartment, where AndreasFSC wanted to recreate the Super Touring years. A very big thank you for making this awesome mod available to all of us! :cheers:

Our GTP-member @SVPSkins helped out by making the skins for some of those Super Tourers. You can see some of his work here 👍

How do I install the mods:

• Download the mods to a folder of your choice. My example uses c:\mods\race07\cars.
  • Extract the RAR or ZIP file with 7ZiP (http://www.7-zip.org/a/7z938.exe) or Winzip
  • Extract the data to a seperate folder, for example c:\mods\race07\cars\SuperTouringSeasons1.2.5
We will now start to copy the data from the extracted file to your STEAM RACE07 folder. This wil be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\race 07\

You need to:

• Copy C:\Mods\Race07\CARS\SuperTouringSeasons1.2.5\Gamedata\Teams\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\race 07\Teams\
  • Copy C:\Mods\Race07\CARS\SuperTouringSeasons1.2.5\Gamedata\Talent to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\race 07\Talent\
  • Copy C:\Mods\Race07\CARS\SuperTouringSeasons1.2.5\Gamedata\Sounds\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\race 07\Sounds\
  • Copy C:\Mods\Race07\CARS\SuperTouringSeasons1.2.5\UIData\Menu\Textures\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\race 07\UiData\Menu\Textures\
  • The folder SaveDataChampionship is not needed for the mod to work.
  • Repeat these steps for all the mods (1-6).
In your STEAM-folder you should be able to see:

Verify the installed mods:

• Start RACE07.
  • Choose Additional Events , Practice.
  • Choose a track of your choice and click "next".
  • You will see:
  • Click for example the "Super Touring '98 Reloaded.
  • You will get an overview with the manufactures and their according drivers.
  • Repeat these steps for all the additional touringcar packs that you have installed.
  • If all shows up nicely you are ready to go!
-----------------------------------------------------

RSTS DETAILS

How to enter a shoot-out:
  • Make sure you have read the above and below.
  • When the shoot-out is presented enter your time before the given end-date.
  • That's all! Have fun :D.
How to start a Time Attack:
  • Start RACE07
  • From the menu go to "additional events", "Time Attack".
  • Choose the track, class, car and driver from the competition shoot-out.
  • The settings for your "Time Attack" should be "Pro".

• It is allowed to set: Automatic Clutch | Ghost Car | Raceline.
  • The participants can race with KEYBOARD | GAMEPAD | WHEEL.
  • After you are done with the Time Attack session press ESC and return to the garage.
  • Click "Save Time Attack" and confirm with YES. Should only be done the first time starting a new Time Attack and when one improves his/her best time!
  • This will give you the oppertunity to reload your ghost when your start a new Time Attack session.
  • Always save your best time as it is needed for submitting your entry in this thread!

Tuning:

• Prohibited.
  • Except for "BRAKES".
  • Before going on track you will have to option to go into the tuning menu. If you already have a tuned car. Click "DEFAULT".

• From the default setting you can go to "overall" and adjust your "brakes".

Submitting time:

• From the Main Menu go to "ADDITIONAL EVENTS", "TIME ATTACK".
  • Choose the track, class, car and driver of the shoot-out competition.
  • On the TIME ATTACK menu choose "LOAD TIME ATTACK".
  • Select the save with your best time.
  • Post your time and a screenshot of your best time in this thread before the closing date of the shoot-out.
  • Only screenshots provided like above will be accepted as entry and proof!
-----------------------------------------------------

RSTS - EVENTS
DATE : CLOSED
ROUND 1: CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
RESULTS ROUND 1:

1. doblocruiser -> 0.48.761
  2. JASON_ROCKS1998 -> 0.51.991
DATE : CLOSED
ROUND 2: CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
RESULTS ROUND 2:

1. Ettick -> 1.121.287
2. doblocruiser -> 1.23.734

HAVE FUN!

Last edited:
Awesome stuff. Also, most mods just have the Game Data folder in them that just needs to be put into the Race 07 directory (Not Race Caterham if you have that DLC) for each mod. Also if you have GTR Evo selecting that on Steam still loads your Race 07 mods. I also recommend that entrants post either a screenshot or replay of their time, just for validation sake.

OP updated! If there are any questions please let me know by PM!

First shoot-out will start in the beginning of June and the event will be open for 2 weeks 👍

I use the replay with the HUD off so is it OK if I post a screenshot of the time as shown in game?

Hi Jason,

You can easily toggle on the HUD just for grabbing the screenshot :). If you do it in game I am not sure if the fastest time shown is from your current session only or not.

Doing it from the replay makes it easy and standard for all participants.

Will look into to it if there is another more easy way but for the moment I leave it like in OP.

In game is that session only I think. I'll do it from the replay, what key is it to toggle HUD, I forget, actually I'll find out int he options.

ROUND1

Track: Brands Hatch Indy
Class: BTCC '95
Car: Vauxhall Vectra
Driver: John Cleland

Enjoy yourselves :D

Last edited:
After 4 laps I got a 51.991.

Screenshots:
2928972B3B1B4EC1E386C105A7C6D4DD57272843

39E8CBE8EBC8E30B82DAF9B065305043F74FDD1B

288B8A519CD635EA1BCE3CCFB483D0DE48B86B96

7804AACB7B3BB09BD65BDCC6E3069B2CD9FA0784

Currently at a 49.565. The last corner before the straight is hard. I brak to late or I turn in and brake which make the backend come out and you loose a lot of time. Still quite happy with this one :)

There's two different Primeras with that livery. One is in BTCC '99 and the other is in Super Touring Seasons.

Here's my lap with the one from ST Seasons:

bced8a714b.jpg

(1:21.287)

Hi Ettick,

If you take the one from the supertouring it should have the driver David Leslie. If you have chosen that one you are fine ;)

Great time 👍

edit

Last edited:
Back