Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
Greetings folks. Any of you entering the manufacturer's races? I've signed up for Jagwaaar, because I like the way the F Type pops on the overrun, and I'm entered for the session at 22:10 tonight...

Fingers crossed!

Cheers, Zo.

I’m going to try to enter both but don’t really understand the times, since it has 24:00 and 25:00 which aren’t on any clock I’ve ever seen.

I represent Mazda, since that’s what I drive in real life (even though I’m a Ford employee), and not many people use the Atenzas even though they aren’t the fastest or the slowest cars out there.

Last edited:
doing the manufacturer tomorrow for BMW. 2200.

The Porsche seemed to be the car to have at Suzuka, looking at the average finishing positions. I was the only Jag driver there, so I can't measure how competitive it is.

The matching thing definitely worked, in as much as everyone else in the race was a C/S, just as I was. If you've not got an S rating for sportsmanship Colin, I'd suggest doing a few N class races today, if you can, and concentrate on keeping as far away from the opposition as possible. You should get a clean race tonight if you've got the time to get up to S. I've found Interlargos to be a bitch of a circuit when you're surrounded by 🤬-heads.

I qualified second, by the way, and was having a belting race until I saw yellow flags around the back of the circuit. I backed off, no one else did, and I slipped to third. Then drove like a 🤬 for a while because I was angry, but managed to calm down and haul him in a bit, but not enough to get my place back. Still, totally clean race and coming third in what seems like a rather un-fancied car is better than I was expecting.

Roll on Interlargos (If I can get the wife to bed in time :))

Cheers, Zo.

The Porsche seemed to be the car to have at Suzuka, looking at the average finishing positions. I was the only Jag driver there, so I can't measure how competitive it is.

The matching thing definitely worked, in as much as everyone else in the race was a C/S, just as I was. If you've not got an S rating for sportsmanship Colin, I'd suggest doing a few N class races today, if you can, and concentrate on keeping as far away from the opposition as possible. You should get a clean race tonight if you've got the time to get up to S. I've found Interlargos to be a bitch of a circuit when you're surrounded by 🤬-heads.

I qualified second, by the way, and was having a belting race until I saw yellow flags around the back of the circuit. I backed off, no one else did, and I slipped to third. Then drove like a 🤬 for a while because I was angry, but managed to calm down and haul him in a bit, but not enough to get my place back. Still, totally clean race and coming third in what seems like a rather un-fancied car is better than I was expecting.

Roll on Interlargos (If I can get the wife to bed in time :))

Cheers, Zo.

I qualified 4th and finished 3rd in the Nations race, it was pretty uneventful (I was the only Canadian in the top 12), but the manufacturers race was a different story, I tried to share the replay last night but it wouldn’t work, I’ll try again tonight. I started 15th and finished 5th and it was hard fought by everyone the entire time. I was the only Mazda too, but in my race a Nissan dominated the race and an Alfa came 2nd. I somehow dropped my SR to A yesterday so I was with As for the Nations race but it was fine luckily so I got back to S for Suzuka.

I think I’ve seen one Jaguar on track in all the races I’ve done in Sport Mode, it’s definitely not a popular choice.

everyone was a C/S, just as I was.
For a moment there I thought you were back on your favourite GT6 tyres. Then I read further.

Is the nations cup an all one nation league affair to begin with - where you progress to race against other nations, or is it all regions/nationalities mixed up? Reading Blue's post above I'm thinking it may be the latter.

(15th to 5th - nice one Blue. Go Mazda!)

Do you think it would benefit having a few more lower ratings to spread the various abilities around? If you're sometimes having trouble with being an A, which is next to top, then it would seem to be a little compressed.

For a moment there I thought you were back on your favourite GT6 tyres. Then I read further.

Is the nations cup an all one nation league affair to begin with - where you progress to race against other nations, or is it all regions/nationalities mixed up? Reading Blue's post above I'm thinking it may be the latter.

(15th to 5th - nice one Blue. Go Mazda!)

Do you think it would benefit having a few more lower ratings to spread the various abilities around? If you're sometimes having trouble with being an A, which is next to top, then it would seem to be a little compressed.

The skill levels are more mixed in the normal Sport Mode races, I’ve seen from A to D in one race before, and I’m sure beating people in the levels above you raises your level a lot faster. It was just because more people entered the FIA races that the matching system had an easier time making 20 car grids of identical ratings.

I started 15th and finished 5th

That's the sort of race I like Blue. I had a nightmare at Brazil. Qualified last, worked my way up a bit, but got involved in a multiple shunt at corner one and ended up 19th. A race to forget. Which I did this evening. Pole position, fastest lap, and the race win at Brands. And the next four cars on the grid were Porsches. Well proud of my Jag 👍

Still on the C list though. Looks like that's about the measure of me :)

That's the sort of race I like Blue. I had a nightmare at Brazil. Qualified last, worked my way up a bit, but got involved in a multiple shunt at corner one and ended up 19th. A race to forget. Which I did this evening. Pole position, fastest lap, and the race win at Brands. And the next four cars on the grid were Porsches. Well proud of my Jag 👍

Still on the C list though. Looks like that's about the measure of me :)

Interlagos is hard. I started 17th and ended up 14th, just had no speed and struggled with the track. The oval race in the Nations Cup yesterday was great fun though. I love Blue Moon Bay, best oval ever in a GT game, not a huge fan of the others though. They made Northern Isle too wide and the straightaways too short.

I'm not sure these races affect your letter ranking or not, I think it's just used for sorting and it's only affected by the normal Sport races. I think B is where I will stay as well.

EDIT Brands seemed to be an equalizer, I started 4th and finished 3rd, and there were some other odd cars at the front like a Genesis, it wasn’t all GT-Rs and Vipers like usual. Surprised you didn’t do the Aston race at Dragon Trail, it was pretty slippery and fun, can’t believe how much less grippy SS tires are in this game, I haven’t even tried Comforts of any kind yet.

Last edited:
This Thursday Racers Reunited will be hitting the Dragon's Trail, pretty hard. With everyone in the Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 we'll all have a decent bit of poke under the bonnet. We'll use R/H tyres, with a 20 minute race set at X1 depreciation on fuel and tyres, then a 30 minute race at X10. Let's see how that works out :scared:

BTW, we're only using the Porsche because it's ace, and, I've spent about thirty hours making mine look brilliant...
BRING YOUR FABULOUS LIVERIES!

See you this Thursday chaps 👍

Edit: @buybon355 How did Brands go in the manufacturer's championship?

Last edited:
See you this Thursday chaps 👍

Edit: @buybon355 How did Brands go in the manufacturer's championship?
I hope to make it this time. I am busy at work this whole week but might get a half day Thursday. If I do then I will be there. I am loving GT Sport and the livery editor is awesome.

Don't think I have this car yet but I've got over 7 million so time to splash out.

Missed the brands round but caught the dragons tail one last night. Started 12th got up to 5th then finished 8th. Was a good race

So how did everyone finish up the test season 1 of FIA? It’s annoying how you can only view people’s scores from within your own region.

I ended up 12th in Canada, 77th in the Americas with 2104 points in the Nations Cup and 86th in the Americas and 3rd (!) out of Mazda users in the Manufacturer Cup with 2077 points. I raced 6/7 in both. Almost won the last race in at Nurb GP but it wasn’t to be.

I don’t think I’ll participate in the 2nd one this week, doing races every night was annoying and schedule-disrupting.

Folks, in response to a comment made by BB a while ago, I'm planning on doing a bit of racing with the rally cars on road circuits this Thursday. I tend to agree with him that they're fun to drive. Short races, reverse grids, plenty of side-by-side action, hopefully.

20:30GMT. Bring any cars you want, BoP will be in action.

So how did everyone finish up the test season 1 of FIA?

I think I did rather badly Blue. Had one win and one third place, but apart from that my best was sixth, with a couple of stinkers thrown in. I've signed up for Alfa this season, but my first race has turned out to be my last. I got sick to death of being tapped off line by people, who then just sailed through as if it was 'part of the game'. It might be to them, but it isn't to me. The last straw was about lap 8 of 10 on the left hander after the very long straight at Mount Paranoid. Bloke gives me a shove, then off into the distance, or so he thought. I caught the slide and went after him. As he was preparing for the last corner I drop-kicked him into the middle of next week. I hate that it came to that. I hate that it felt good to give one of the w:censored:ers a taste of his own medicine. So I'm quitting that end of things. The 'standard' sports races seem to be very much more polite affairs.

Cheers Zo.

I got sick to death of being tapped off line by people
They obviously haven't watched the two race etiquette videos properly. I've watched them multiple times this evening and have taken many notes. I should be good to go now and be driving as cleanly as a clean thing. Well good to go in a shifter kart it seems.

I've not got a great selection of cars at the moment but as it happens I've got a couple of Rally cars that I won in the demo. So I might pop in on Thursday if I get a chance and of course if there's room. Actually I've got to figure out how popping in works next. I'm only E&B rated so you might not yet me join anyway. :)

I drop-kicked him into the middle of next week
Strangely I didn't see mention of that move in the videos.

cool, this'll be fun. Do you send an invite to the room and party?

Good question BB, I can't remember what I did last week. Maybe that's why so few were there!

I'll have a go at setting up a room tomorrow and see how it's done. To be honest, I think that if you're friends, then you just look for friend's rooms in the main access portal.

Cheers, Zo.

I couldn't find you last week. Even searched "show lobbies with friends" but no joy. Could see you were on the game but thought you'd maybe just went campaign or sport or something.

I'm not sure since I haven't tried it yet but to help others find you perhaps you could post the room ID number @Zolon32. I've noticed there was a search function to find a room that way.

In PC1 (and 2?) the host sent out invites. As BB says is this is even possible in GTS?

I'm not totally familiar with how it works, but if you party up in the Community and then head to the game, people should be able to join from the Community section.

We had some really good battles, here are some photos.
Drivers: buybon355, IfAndOr, PureGT_GOOFY, GTP_Famine, Zolon32, qken, SimbaLora.
20171118003349.jpg

20171118003148.jpg

20171118003206.jpg

20171118003258.jpg

And finally Zolon going wide :scared:
20171118003104.jpg

20171118003024.jpg

See you all next week :cheers:

Last edited:
Aaaargh! Didn't send Mythaga a F/R... Sorry. It's in the post.

Nice photos Goofy. I've modified my bird on the doors now. It looked okay when I first did it, but not so sure in the replays.

This Thursday we're using mid engine N600 cars. That's the Honda NSX 17, Lambo Huracan 610-4 15, McLaren MP4 12C 10 and the Ferrari 458 Italia 09. S/M tyres at Lago Maggiore GP. Plenty of short, tight races.

BoP will be on, but I'm wanting to compare notes on which of the four are quicker/slower, with a view to using them in the new year, for a season of racing similar to the Trinity Coupe Championship.

They all move about beautifully on S/M, you can really sense the weight of them transferring around from front to back and side to side and, of course, they've all got plenty of grunt. Beautiful.

So, bring any or all of them, the more the better, I want to nail the relative performances correctly.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Back