Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
Hi there

Hope it´s ok when I invite all of you for next Tuesday, 07.july here on this thread.
As some know, I take part at a league called EGTM by MINKIHL (a well-known tuner in GTS) .
On Tuesday 14.July there is the last race of this season and I would like to be well prepared.
Therefore I create a room next tuesday for some (for me) practice racing. The room setting are:

Alsace village II - Tyres 6x - Fuel 5x - 21:00 - 8laps

The car is: Gr.4 Citroen RaceCar no tuning - BoP on - all race tyres allowed (even super soft)

If there will be another meeting planned from this main group - it will be cancelled of course.

But if not, hope to see you next tuesday

Andreas (aka Simba2009Lora or AndreasR)

My brethren.

The early slots for FIA Nations Cup on Tuesdays frees up the regular RR 8pm spot, which conveniently squishes into a idea I had for a slightly long race series.

Well, a literally all-summer race series.

I haven't finished planning it yet, but I won't be long (title of). In essence it's a GT Career Mode Challenge, where we start low and slow (karts) and end high and fast (LMP1), with four or five races each week and moving up a level the following week. There'll some road car racing in various categories, some race cars and at least 11 weeks (I have a rough plan, I need to tweak - so it may become more bigger), with an interesting Grand Final.

My plan also involves race-by-race success penalties (ballast, power), championship success penalties (same; a version of Kerfuffle will manage this), in-round points and overall championship points. I recognise that people dislike some classes (I hate karts, particularly in public races like FIA; I could stomach one evening with them with RR though) and I'm no fan of things faster than GT3, so it's not necessary to race every round in terms of the championship - and the Grand Final won't necessarily decide the title's fate...

Approximate schedule is:
Week 1 - Karts (5 races); GT Shifter Kart
Week 2 - Lightweight K Car Cup (4 races); N100 Car List
Week 3 - Gi-not-ta Juniors (4/5 races); Toyota S-FR '15
Week 4 - Clubman Cup (4/5 races); N200
Week 5 - Max 5 Racing Challenge (4/5 races); Roadster TC
Week 6 - TVR Tuscan Challenge (4/5 races): TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00
Week 7 - WTCC (4/5 races); Gr.4
Week 8 - Japan/US/UK (3 races); N600
Week 9 - Formula E (3 races); Porsche Taycan/Tesla Model S
Week 10 - IndyCar (3 races); F1500
Week 11 - World GT Challenge (3 races); Gr.3
Week 12 - Grand Final (1 race); Gr.1

I'll do an thread soon, but RR have first signup rights. Start date is Tuesday June 9 - though we could do it Thursdays if that is more convenient (I recall @daan had his lates switched to Tuesday) - which would make August 11 (or 13 if Thursdays) the Grand Final as it stands.

There's also a real trophy (or two) in it too for... things.

@AndreasR @buybon355 @daan @IfAndOr @jammy21 @JockeP22 @Sparkz_360 @Sutsagrd @Venari @Woodski_427 @Zolon32
Good news, everybody! I've made the trophy :D

How we all fixed for starting on Tuesday 22nd?

Er well, I haven't got GTS installed on my PS4 at the moment. There was a bit of rage deleting a couple of weeks back after a bad race! And to be fair I needed to free up some hard drive space. So I'm not sure. I'll keep my eye on things.

It'll take until the 22nd to download and install again.:boggled:

Just in case any RR-ers (past and present) have missed the new thread @Famine is running his RR related "Career Mode Challenge" series over HERE. Starting soon!

Back