Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
Can you team up with Jocke Aaroh?

I'll happily team up with Aaroh. 👍

👍👍

@Aaroh I've just thought last weekend the clocks in Europe went back one hour. The UK is now back on GMT. I'm not sure if yours have also altered and if it will affect you for racing. If it helps it's 7 o'clock here at the moment. 1 1/2 hours before the race.

Wasn't aware about that. It's still same time for me but thanks :).

Kerfuffling next week chaps. Please tell me I'm not in that damn Mustang!
I've got good news and bad news.

The bad news is that at the moment, the starter cars look like this:

@AndreasR - Dodge Challenger R/T
@Sparkz_360 - Toyota 86 GRMN
@Zolon32 - Ford Mustang Mach 1
@Famine - Ford Focus ST
@daan - Chevrolet Corvette C3
@Venari - Chevrolet Corvette C3
@JockeP22 - Renault Sport Megane RS Trophy (you've bought this one, right Jocke?)
@buybon355 - Toyota Supra RZ
@IfAndOr - Mazda RX-7 (FD) Spirit R
@Sutsagrd - Subaru WRX STI Type S

The good news is that's funny. :D

I'm looking for an excuse to drop the Mustang though, and if the update gives me that chance I will take it. I think the 22B may be too fast, but if there's a way to fit the Maserati in, I will, and if there's an E-Type that should fit too.

Of course the update might change the cars' relative paces, but it shouldn't matter.

If anyone's missing from the list above, I don't have enough information about your relative pace yet, but we can fit you in. If you haven't Kerfuffled before, the cars you'll definitely need are:

10. Peugeot 208 GTI by Peugeot Sport
11. Volkswagen Golf VII GTI
12. Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
13. Toyota 86 GRMN
14. Ford Mustang Mach 1
15. Ford Focus ST
16. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)
17. Renault Sport Megane RS Trophy
18. Toyota Supra RZ
19. Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
20. Subaru WRX STI Type S
21. Honda Civic Type R
22. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)

If you think you'll be quick, add these:
5. BMW i3
6. Peugeot RCZ GT Line
7. Subaru BRZ S
8. BMW M3 Sport Evolution
9. Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione 1991

If you think you'll be the best and everyone else is super slow, add these:
1. Suzuki Swift Sport
2. Mazda Roadster S
3. Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport
4. Mazda Atenza Sedan XD L Package

If you think you'll be slow, add these:
23. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition
24. Alpine A110 Premiere Edition
25. De Tomaso Pantera
26. Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG 4MATIC
27. Ferrari 512BB
28. Lexus LC500

If you think you'll be catastrophically outclassed by a field of uberdrivers, add these:
29. Audi TTS Coupe
30. Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
31. BMW M4 Coupe
32. Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic

The Delta is NEW to this list. There may be one more new car coming, and if so the Mustang will give way for it.

@IfAndOr - Mazda RX-7 (FD) Spirit R
That's actually one of the few I've got! I think I've got 5 or 6 of the rest. I did have a few more but I've got the habit of clearing out my garage of cars I haven't used/don't think I'll use. I suppose since there's a credit system it's a habit I should get out of!

If you think you'll be catastrophically outclassed by a field of uberdrivers, add these:
I'll probably really only just need these though. :P

I've acquired a few credits recently because someone keeps winning something and they keep giving give me "money" because of it. I'll give him a cheer. Hurrah!

I'll probably really only just need these though. :P
The sheet has some unusual behaviour that I'm not entirely sure I taught it, but it seems to be almost impossible to end up in the bottom or top three cars, and stupidly hard to get into the top or bottom five. You would have to be by some margin the slowest driver in a field of very fast drivers, or vice versa.

The centre 12 cars seems to be the sweet spot, and I don't reckon any of us will be faster/slower than 2-3 cars either side of that... but to be safe :D

@Famine, I definitely want to get in on this, I would guess I'd be about mid pace so would take any advice on what car to start off with.

However, will it be a problem if I miss the first race, as I image there will be several throughout the evening?

Cheers

@Famine, I definitely want to get in on this, I would guess I'd be about mid pace so would take any advice on what car to start off with.

However, will it be a problem if I miss the first race, as I image there will be several throughout the evening?

Cheers
Essentially not. It's my preference that we have a consistent number of people, but it's not too hard to adapt to arrivals and departures.

I don't reckon any of us will be faster/slower than 2-3 cars either side of that
Your sheet hasn't encountered me for awhile. :P

but to be safe
I will. ;)
Although I notice it's more costly down the bottom. (Title of...)

I think it's been asked before but I've forgotten. Is it the tyres they come with that you're using?

@JockeP22 - Renault Sport Megane RS Trophy (you've bought this one, right Jocke?)
Affirmative.

Hey, what do you call a Renault at the top of a hill? A miracle.

And what do you call two Renaults at the top of a hill? A mirage.

What do you call a Renault with a flat tire? A write off.

Fiddle with BB if you wish.
Even with Administrator permission I don't think he'd allow it. :)

I can never catch him these days anyway. Although perhaps in a Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic I might.

Not keen on Renaults then @JockeP22 :dopey:

Our home phone line is currently kaput, and it has taken our "broad"band down with it.

I tried GTS using my mobile phone as a hotspot, and it connected fine, but didn't count my daily miles for some reason. I'm not sure how good it would be for online racing.

However, the elephant in the room is tomorrow's update and I certainly don't have enough data to download it on my phone, so it looks like I'll be out again.

There's an update that includes an elephant in a room!? Yes that will be a jumbo sized download I expect.

I've been earning credits but I still haven't had a chance to go in and buy all the fuffle cars yet. I wish there was an add to basket option so I could get them all in one go.

I tried GTS using my mobile phone as a hotspot, and it connected fine, but didn't count my daily miles for some reason. I'm not sure how good it would be for online racing.

I used to race online through my mobile for about a year(Three being service provider) it worked perfectly fine for 90% of the time, and was relatively stable. 4g helped.

1.25 million credits lighter but I'm now in possession of most of the cars* so all being well I should also join in this evening. Hopefully Famine's sheet will be able to get it's teeth into a few more drivers - the sheet does seem to think for itself so might actually be developing teeth!

*I haven't been that optimistic to buy the slow cars for fast guys. Yet.

but didn't count my daily miles for some reason
Thinking about it that's been the same for me over my few days of credit earning. I've had to go in and out of the menus before the wheel of hope/dismay has been triggered. Strange.

If anyone's missing from the list above, I don't have enough information about your relative pace yet, but we can fit you in. If you haven't Kerfuffled before, the cars you'll definitely need are:

10. Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione
11. Peugeot 208 GTI by Peugeot Sport
12. Volkswagen Golf VII GTI
13. Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
14. Toyota 86 GRMN
15. Ford Focus ST
16. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)
17. Renault Sport Megane RS Trophy
18. Toyota Supra RZ
19. Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
20. Subaru WRX STI Type S
21. Honda Civic Type R
22. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)

If you think you'll be quick, add these:
5. BMW i3
6. Peugeot RCZ GT Line
7. Subaru BRZ S
8. MINI Cooper S 2005
9. BMW M3 Sport Evolution

If you think you'll be the best and everyone else is super slow, add these:
1. Suzuki Swift Sport
2. Mazda Roadster S
3. Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport
4. Mazda Atenza Sedan XD L Package

If you think you'll be slow, add these:
23. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition
24. Alpine A110 Premiere Edition
25. De Tomaso Pantera
26. Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG 4MATIC
27. Subaru Impreza 22B
28. Lexus LC500

29. Audi TTS Coupe
30. Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
31. BMW M4 Coupe
32. Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic

The Delta is NEW to this list. There may be one more new car coming, and if so the Mustang will give way for it.
I've just made a change to the list to drop the Mustang out; updated list is in the quote above. Still need to look at the E-Type and 22B (which I think may be too fast), so there may be more changes coming...

Edit: 22B replaces Ferrari 512BB. Half the price, less twitchy (and thus easier for slower drivers to go faster, which is the point). Also do half of your braking while turning and just nail the throttle out of every corner.

Last edited:
Don't know yet. Haven't thought that far ahead :lol:

There may be two laps of Circuit de la Sarthe in the stars for this evening...

Edit: No, I'm not that cruel:

1. Dragon Trail Gardens (4)
2. Circuit de St. Croix B (3)
3. Brands Hatch GP (4)
4. Interlagos (4)
5. Lago Maggiore West (4)
6. Red Bull Ring (4)
7. Blue Moon Infield A (5)
8. Catalunya (4)

Last edited:
So, results :D

1 @Sparkz_360 - 31
2. @Team_SWE_1 - 30
3. Famine - 29
4. @Venari - 28
5. @IfAndOr - 26
6. @Sutsagrd - 25
7. @buybon355 - 22
8. @Zolon32 - 22
9. @JockeP22 - 21

The average spread of "gap to mean" over the six races was 2.1%, from Sparkz at 1.1% faster to sutsagrd at 1.0% slower.

I think it's pretty close now, but I'm going to look again at some of the correction factors, as it's twice wanted to put Sparkz in a faster car after a podium finish while being on the series podium, and that's not ideal.

Latest Posts

Back