Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
Fellas, I'm sorry for the last minute alteration, but I've only just realised that a 250BHP limit makes many more cars available, rather than a 240BHP limit. So I thought I'd raise it to that... 250BHP it is!

@Famine @Venari @Sparkz_360 @AndreasR @IfAndOr @Sutsagrd @JockeP22 @buybon355 @daan @Team_SWE_1

Chaps, please note the power increase, to 250BHP. I did this to try to widen the range of cars available. However, it has occurred to me that now the only logical choice would be a 4WD Gr4 car. Therefore, if you are going to use a race car, it must only be 2WD.

So, there are your choices, 4WD road car (or 2WD road car if you're mad), or 2WD Gr4 motor. Decisions, decisions.

Noted and I'm sorted. 👍
(I've gone for a 3WD Gr5)

I've even found a nice garish livery.

What tyres are we using?

What tyres are we using?
I think we'll use S/M, a rarely used compound which deserves a little more attention.

So it's not group B tonight then?
Yeah BB, we're doing group B after the party...

However, before that, we're having a party!

To celebrate one hundred whatever-it-is we are going to go back one hundred years.. To the times when Paul was just a lad, playing in the streets with his mates. A game which was popular at that time was 'Tag'. The idea is that one person is 'It' and all the other people avoid It like he's a U2 fan trying to give away some concert tickets. If It touches one of the others, then he joins It, and the two set off in an attempt to touch the others. (This isn't as creepy as it sounds, none of them are 52 years old.) Each person who gets touched joins the marauding hoard, who finally descend upon the last one and smash him to pieces.

Anyway, what we're going to do is this:

The setting is Big Willow (don't worry if you don't like Big Willow, we're not racing there). By the drawing of lots we determine the order of play. The first person who is 'It' sits in the pits while everyone else runs away in any direction they wish. A second person, (The Observer) doesn't take part, but spectates. When the Observer decides that the runners have had ten seconds out of the pits, then he instructs 'It' to set off in pursuit.

'It' chases the runners and attempts to make contact with one. As soon as contact is made, then It texts the name, so that everyone knows who has joined him. The Observer makes a note of the order in which people get caught. Each person caught becomes another 'It' and they chase the remaining free runners.

Once everyone has been caught the game is over. The first person caught gets one point, the next, two, and so on. If anyone survives for five minutes he gets three bonus points. (The Observer monitors the time.)

The 'It' then becomes the observer for the next game, and the Observer becomes a runner. We continue going until everyone has had a go at being It, then we add up the points. Then we race...

Sounds like childish fun, the sort I really like!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you can use any car you like, tuning permitted, 250BHP maximum power, 1000kg minimum weight.

EDIT EDIT: Forgot to mention, of course, the entire playground is available to roam; outfield, infield, circuit, the lot. Only not the pits.

I've even found a nice garish livery.
I went and made a zombie killer, complete with bulletproof windows and a plow in front
to clear away the hordes of zombies that have taken over the streets of Fuji.
lock up the wolves 2.jpg

Not going to make it tonight. Been away for the weekend, just got back today and I'm a bit knackered.

I struggle to keep up sometimes

Anyway, seems there's a big update. Says I've got 40 minutes left so unlikely I'll make the party. I'll jump in as soon as its done though

Haven’t laughed so much like that in a long while, (my life is fun) hope everyone had fun because I certainly did.

I do have an event in mind currently in the works, stuck between whether I should do it for next week or the week after the “Duo” event which is in two weeks.

I will keep you all posted.

I do have an event in mind currently in the works, stuck between whether I should do it for next week or the week after the “Duo” event which is in two weeks.
I think we need to do the Group B rally cars at Fuji next week Sparkz. I sensed some disappointment when the mayhem ran way beyond my expectations and prevented us from doing it yesterday.

So, that's it, Group B rally cars, BoP on. S/S tyres, at Fuji F(?)(The one with the very slow right/left section).

Tyre deg will be at 1, but fuel will gradually increase through the races, until we manage to get Famine and Paul into the pits. (Might have to start with 3 litres for that :))

Reverse grids, usual settings for grip and slipstream, you know the score.

Use as many different motors as you like, only, once you've won a race with a particular model, you can't use that one again. Sounds fair to me!

Cheers, Zo.

By the way, I notice that no one has had a go at race 2 in the weekly sports races, Porsche 911 road car around Nurb Nord on S/H tyres. It's epic, absolutely brilliant fun, and so long as you stay on track you can't fail to move up the field. Superb.

Cheers cheers, Zo.

EDIT:

It has occurred to me that some people might have interpreted 'group B' as meaning the very nice road cars from mileage exchange, and would prefer them over rally cars. Well, now we can have a vote to see which are the more popular. I'm abstaining, and I'll be interested to see what the result is.

Cheers, cheers, cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
but alas, Suts spotted me.
Brilliant music (a few dollars more?) and video. Didn’t realise we could save the replays???

Your emoji looked very sad :( but you did sit and watch me getting nearer and nearer!!! :eek:
However you and famine got me good in a pincher move later on!
It was really good fun and a great laugh.

Well, now we can have a vote
Voted too.
:cheers:

Brilliant music (a few dollars more?)
Yes, and a brilliant film it is. I like all those old Eastwood/Leone/Morricone classics. And I think Paul does as well?

you did sit and watch me getting nearer and nearer!!!
It took me a while to realise that you were an " It ", I initially thought you planned on hiding there from the others, too.

However you and famine got me good in a pincher move later on!
Yeah that was a good one. :dopey:

I like all those old Eastwood/Leone/Morricone classics. And I think Paul does as well?
I'm a sucker for any Western. Well almost any, there are a few duff ones out there. :)

I keep looking at the game Red Dead Redemption 2. If I get it though you probably wont see me for sometime. The first game drew me in for months. I used to just wander around soaking up the atmosphere. :boggled:
(However it's a little on the expensive side at the moment)

I've just noticed there's a vote. I'll have to look to see what cars I've got and then choose. Although the poll does seem to have noticeably swung one way!

I'll put this in this thread since it seems more appropriate for the next couple of weeks.

Perhaps for one of the weeks we could do a test run in the Duo's cars. It would be a good idea to see if everything is ok or whether things might need tweaking. And for folks to get used to the format before the actual proper races.

I've set mine to no one for the time being.

Don't worry about practice for the duos Paul, it'll run like a dream...

Jocke has suggested Kerfuffling for next week, which I'm up for. However, it's been an age since I used a spread sheet. Could someone cover that side of things for me please?

Cheers, Zo.

By the way, Famine. Are these still the cars we need for tonight or has your list been updated in any way?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-october-20-30bst.363415/page-8#post-12316095
No updates - no time to update :lol:

There's certainly been a few eligible additions though hasn't there? I imagine the balance is a little different now too, although in theory it doesn't really matter as you'll be slowed down even more if you win in a car that's supposedly slower.

Edit: So, to resolve the double-86, you can replace car 7 (the regular GT86) with the Subaru BRZ. You don't have to right now, but it'll be there for future Kerfuffles.

Looking at the list of cars since the last Kerfuffle, we've got some other likelies:
Abarth 500
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione
Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Twin Turbo 2seater
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR
Honda NSX Type R
Porsche 911 GT3 (996)

There's a few others, but they're outside the PWR range (currently 105-285) or too expensive (Alfa Giulia TZ2, Miura) to reasonably expect people to buy them just in case they might use them...

The original Kerfuffle focussed on those Premium cars that weren't Japanese, simply because they were less-used in the game's career mode and I just wanted people to drive different things.

As we've got 11 Japanese cars in the current version of the Kerfuffle, I'm going to look at the Lancia, Plymouth and Porsche 996 911 for future inclusion first. If the Z32, Evo 4 and NSX fit, they may swap out existing Japanese cars. But I'm putting the 22B in when the next content update comes no matter what :lol:

Last edited:
Hello chaps. Anyone know which page of the thread the Kerfuffle car list is on please? I'm lost...

Also, what track do you want to start on Famine?

Hello chaps. Anyone know which page of the thread the Kerfuffle car list is on please? I'm lost...

Also, what track do you want to start on Famine?
Hither.

I'm just generating a track list now - probably start on Fuji in equal cars (because Fuji can throw a big fat turd on "faster" muscle cars).

Do we know how many people are likely to be on tonight? I've still got to buy PS Plus myself (expired two weeks ago), but I need to check that the sheet can deal with the numbers of people we'll have.

Back